Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, & Disney Genre
Non-Japanese Fandoms

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:37 pm
There's a lot of continuation movies coming out... Jurassic Park... Star Wars... Hunger Games...

What do you guys think? Are there any that you're particularly looking forward to?

I've been looking forward to this Jurassic Park sequel for 14 years, but I now have really mixed feelings about it. I like seeing the dinosaurs on the screen again, but am not so certain about this whole mutant dinosaur thing. It seems a bit like jumping the shark, but I'm going to reserve judgement until the next few previews come out. The movie is released on my birthday, so I'll probably go see it then. I just hope I'm not disappointed!

Star Wars looks like it could be fun, though at the moment it hasn't really told us much of the story. My only gripe about it is the new lightsaber.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I'm not quite sure what use those extra two blades will serve, other than causing potential dismemberment to the user. It'd make more sense (in a way) if there was a hand guard on the hilt, but I guess we'll see what happens.

How about the rest of you? Any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:20 pm
Xinitia,

JJ Abrahms is quite a talented producer. To his credit he brought to life the series "Lost", the last two Star Trek movies and next year Star Wars episode VII.

Over the years their have been a lot of books written that show what will happen after Star Wars episode VI - Return of the Jedi. Leia and Han get married and have two children who could become Jedi and Luke goes on a journey looking for candidates to train to become new Jedi. I wonder how closely JJ Abrahms will follow the books.

As for other movies I can't wait to see JJ Abrahms next Star Trek movie, I want to see the next Avengers movie, the sequel to the movie Frozen, the third part of the Hobbit series of movies, and so many more. Sequels and continuation movies are certainly a product of these times. Sometimes a story is so long to tell that you have to break it up into pieces like the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

As for new possible TV shows their is a strong rumor that their will soon be a 6th Star Trek TV series called the USS Titan. I have read the books of Captain Riker's ship and I feel that if they do this series justice Star Trek will have a series that would go "toe to toe" with Star Wars. Most of the crew of the USS Titan is made up of races from all over the galaxy and on their journey of exploration they come across more and more races.Each one more bizarre than the next. This will be a Star Trek series that both fans of Star Trek and even non fans will like. Being a big Star Trek fan I'm a little bias about this possible series.

To be fair their is a brand new Star Wars rebel animated series that has just came out. My brother who is my Star Wars expert recently bought a movie that introduces this new series.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Comic Con, Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, & Disney Genre

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers