Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Creation Apologetics
hey does this mean anything to you

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Axle Greyson Archer

Malevolent Genius

11,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:44 pm
Garland-Green
um i actually know people that are high up in AIG (answers in genesis) ever hear of Terry Mortenson. he personally knows Ken Ham. he is one of thier speakers and i have access to Terry if you have any questions that you may want answered. just putting it out there but Terry is currently a deacon in my church.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:55 pm
Axle Greyson Archer
Garland-Green
um i actually know people that are high up in AIG (answers in genesis) ever hear of Terry Mortenson. he personally knows Ken Ham. he is one of thier speakers and i have access to Terry if you have any questions that you may want answered. just putting it out there but Terry is currently a deacon in my church.

That is really awesome! I know there are people here who doubt special creation, this could be a chance for them to have some of their questions answered. If you have any questions fellow guild members, you now know to whom you should direct them. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Axle Greyson Archer

Malevolent Genius

11,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:05 pm
Garland-Green
Axle Greyson Archer
Garland-Green

That is really awesome! I know there are people here who doubt special creation, this could be a chance for them to have some of their questions answered. If you have any questions fellow guild members, you now know to whom you should direct them. smile
i will warn you though Terry does have an ax to grind against rock music. i have sat in on his lessons over them and i will say that most of what he says on that topic is garbage so if you have a question about contemporary music dont ask Terry because he has nothing to back his claims on that matter. now other than that he is biblicly sound in everything else i have heard him talk about  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:23 pm
Garland-Green
Axle Greyson Archer
Garland-Green

hey if its ok i would like to ask if you woule put =out an announcement so i can compile a list of questions for Dr. Mortenson to answer. i will try to have this done biweekly but not promising anything but for sure i could do monthly  

Axle Greyson Archer

Malevolent Genius

11,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:58 pm
Axle Greyson Archer
Garland-Green
Axle Greyson Archer
Garland-Green

hey if its ok i would like to ask if you woule put =out an announcement so i can compile a list of questions for Dr. Mortenson to answer. i will try to have this done biweekly but not promising anything but for sure i could do monthly

That is pretty awesome. If Mortenson is fine with receiving a bunch of questions I will notify people through todays announcement so that people are aware of this opportunity.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:56 am
Axle Greyson Archer
Garland-Green

No, I have not. Curious.. Is he a wolf in sheep's clothing or a Lion that looms in the shadow of the wolf?

Lion of the Lord

Enduring Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Axle Greyson Archer

Malevolent Genius

11,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:54 am
Garland-Green
Axle Greyson Archer
Garland-Green
Axle Greyson Archer
Garland-Green

That is pretty awesome. If Mortenson is fine with receiving a bunch of questions I will notify people through todays announcement so that people are aware of this opportunity.
he has never had a problem with it before it just takes time for him to be able to answer them so no deffinate thing on when his answers would get back to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:31 am
Philip William Lohmann
Axle Greyson Archer
Garland-Green

No, I have not. Curious.. Is he a wolf in sheep's clothing or a Lion that looms in the shadow of the wolf?

I am curious as to why you would ask that? Do you have a problem with AIG?
Is there anything they they have said that has not been in line with the Bible?
When saying something like this we should give the person we accuse a chance of defending themselves by giving reason for our argument based on Scripture. As it appears now it looks merely like your personal opinion about Ken Ham. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Lion of the Lord

Enduring Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:30 pm
Garland-Green
I am curious as to why you would ask that? Do you have a problem with AIG?
Is there anything they they have said that has not been in line with the Bible?
When saying something like this we should give the person we accuse a chance of defending themselves by giving reason for our argument based on Scripture. As it appears now it looks merely like your personal opinion about Ken Ham. smile

I’d be more than happy to explain. By my nature I am a very cautious person. With evil lurking around every nook and cranny of this world, it pays to tread lightly. Even more so now a days. Churches across the world are becoming tainted just as they have before in times long since passed. In other words, although the leaders of said churches are preaching the word, they do not practice what they preach. Therefor the followers of said church inevitably become wicked. It is as the lord states, though I am paraphrasing mind you. Judge them by the fruits of their labor, a bad tree cannot bare good fruit nor can a good tree bare bad fruit.

So whenever I come across someone who is the head of a church or proclaims to be a servant of the lord, then if the lord permits me, I shall become a tool for him to speak through in order to test his or her faith. If the head of the church refuses to be tested then it shows only that they have proven themselves false. It’s the churches job to witness. Therefor by obligation they must accept being tested be it from the mouth of the wolf or the roar of the lion. If they refuse to accept the responsibility of answering the call then it is for either one of two reasons. 1: They do not wish to be proven the fraud that they are and so refuse in order to not be discovered by those who follow him or her.

Or 2: They will simply consider that person to be an evil, that he or she that testing them has no power here. Yet, if that is true what harm is there in accepting a test from someone who is powerless? The evil person could simply be a lost sheep and by not answering their call, miss out on an opportunity to save a life by converting them. You see my point do you not? Yet if they accept the test this does not prove that they are a servant of the lord mind you. It only means that they did step one and still have two through ten to deal with. It could be a show of arrogance.

So, if they accept the test and manage to defeat the person, they provide that they themselves are correct. However if evil is tested by evil, then it matters not who side prevails. Those that fallow will still be lost in the dark. Yet if evil is tested by good, then good shall prevail no matter what. For good does not speak with through the tongue of a serpent but has a lion speak through them. Good prevails because greater is he that is in good, than greater than he that is in evil. Meanwhile if good is tested by good then it matters not who prevails for the people shall still be bathed within the light of the lord.

So now I shall answer you on why I used such phrasing. If the leader of such church is evil, then he or she is like a wolf in sheep’s clothing ready to snatch gullible pray. However if the leader of said church is good, than he or she is not a helpless lam but a mighty lion ready to pounce upon the wolf before it can strike at the sheep. Now as to why I used the shadow of the wolf in my phrasing it is simple. Because when the lion pounces the wolf shall never see it coming until it is too late. In other words, good shall always surprise evil and take it before it as a chance to bite back. Yet throughout this discussion a side thought as occurred.

If the leader of the church is good but is not mighty like the lion. Then they are like the lam. It is he blind leading the blind. If he or she is leading the herd blind like the lam, then they can only hope to cross paths with the lion less they find themselves in wolves’ shadow. So to put in my perspective let me end on this summery. If the person is good and has the lord speak through him or her then more power to said person. However if that person is wicked then I hope the lord finds his lost herd before they are consumed by wickedness themselves. That’s all I’m saying in the long run of things. I don’t want to see people lose their souls over such a thing due to some minor misguidance.

Because as this world reverts to the time of the romans or more accurately as God put it, the day’s of Noah, then it is best to hop aboard ship before the great flood comes crashing down upon the world. Though, sad to say it won’t be waters from heaven that shall flood the world but the blood of the lam that shall stain the earth. Thus it shall be distorted and made anew and stain free. So go forth and test people. If the person proves themselves to be faithful to the lord and you yourselves prove faithful to the lord, than it shall be like iron sharpening iron. Each blade shall be that much more flowing in the word of our lord in order to better strike down evil with it.

Thus if you are faithful to the lord and you battle evil, they shall split apart like a shield of splintering wood and shall be casted into the fire. The same shall be said for you if your prove yourself to be unfaithful and do battle with a servant of the lord. You shall shatter and splinter and be casted into the fire. But I warn you this; do not grow arrogant if you choose this path. If you choose to become the sword of the lord, then it is he that decides to whom you shall cut down and to whom’s blood shall stain you. If you do not do as instructed then you shall be like Saul and will snap in two when you face the enemy in battle.

As I said I do not know who this person is. If he or she is faithful to the lord more power to him or her. But if that person isn't then I hope that the people wise up and both the followers and the leader changes their ways before they are cut down. O and as someone who has seen the lord and has heard him prior in a dream while also visiting the shaft way to hell and the devil and those who fallow him in another dreams outside of that. I have found to have learned one thing. They are both real and both sides are waging war to the extreme over your immortal soul.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:38 pm
I remember
has question regarding geology and Christian belief.

How about asking Dr. Terry (since he is a PhD in geology) about his opinion on this matter?  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Athelius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:33 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi
I remember

How about asking Dr. Terry (since he is a PhD in geology) about his opinion on this matter?

this would be great..! (if possible) surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:50 am
Athelius
Meili Kyumee Youichi
I remember

this would be great..! (if possible) surprised

I am sure Axle would be happy to pass any question on. ^^
I say fire away.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:37 am
Axle Greyson Archer

Hi Axle, would yo be able to pass this question:
What is Dr. Terry's view on rock radiometric dating (evolution vs creation) as a PhD in geology?
Please cc Athelius
Thanks in advance heart  
Creation Apologetics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces