Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Like That

Back to Guilds

Just a bunch of crazy non-humans hanging out. XD 

Tags: random, sexyfine, non-humans, international, hang-out 

Reply Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!
Thinkin it's time for a job change...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mystical Hitara

Springtime Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:33 am
So as some of you know,
I've worked for McDonalds as a Manager. Currently a Manager.

Now that I've got a vehicle of my own, I am no longer limited to the current location I'm working at. I either want to transfer to a different location or just find a new job in general.

I had an incident on Saturday where I texted our Area Supervisor (She's Vietnamese and doesn't really like speaking over the phone) and told her I'd be unable to make it into work that night due to personal issues (Heavily stressed from an incident on Friday night.) and so she found a manager from another store to cover me.

Well... one of the other managers (who thinks she's a big boss and tough s**t) decided to suspend me for 2 days for "Calling in too much."

I've called in like... maybe.. 3 times in the last 4 months.

But our boss and his boss was like "Uhh... No. Andy is a great worker and is always here when we need him and is reliable." so they over-turned the suspension. But I told them I already made plans since I thought I was suspended.

So in the couple days I've had off, I've done some thinking and came to realize that I could easily go find a different job somewhere else unless I want to pursue the termination or punishment of the manager who suspended me since a few other crew and I have seen her steal from the store as well as talk badly to customers. By steal, I mean she's promo'd off $50+ worth of food and took it home. Multiple times.

Plus she's lazy and leaves giant messes for others to clean up.

But like...
As a Manager for McD's here in the state of Washington (where I'm at anyways.) is only $10.32/hr. That's $.98 more than min wage and with how hard I work and how much I help out, I don't feel like that is a great wage.

My other option is to put up with McD's for a bit longer and do schooling in my spare time. Bungie and Microsoft are huge up here and I have a friend who has connections at MS, so I could potentially get a job there with the right education.

tl;dr: McD's is paying me s**t. I have a car now and could easily work elsewhere. I could go to college in my spare time for a Computer Science degree to work at MS or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:36 pm
well its entirely up to you, it seems that you've gotten as far as you can with Mc D's, but I'd play it safe and see if you can't work there, still make some kind of income and do schooling on the side for something you may be really into...that's just my opinion, lol it's not like my life is any better, i work at an arts and crafts store and am under paid and unappreciated, but what can i say, i guess i love the abuse >.< so yea, if you see something ahead for you, go for it, just have a back up plan for the mean time, so you don't do all that schooling, wind up broke and can't get the job. but i have faith in you, you seem like a very responsible young man smile you can do it!  

Waitingforwings6

Angelic Worker

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:18 pm
I will encourage you in leaving your shitty-sounding job but I would advise against leaving if you have nothing lined up to do. Don't quit unless you pass an interview for another job. It is the absolute worst thing to quit your job and then start applying to places since successfully finding a new opportunity and going through the motions of applying, interviewing and waiting to be called can take eons to occur, and you do not want to have no income while you wait. smile

Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games