Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayer for my Uncle Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:34 pm
Hello everyone...

I just found out today that one of my uncles is in the hospital. He was in the car with his father (thankfully his father was the one driving), when he collapsed and his heart stopped. His heart wasn't beating for 20 minutes, but they were eventually able to get it going with a defibrillator. Now he's in a coma and on a ventilator and is not responding. They put him in a state of hypothermia and will be slowly warming him in about 10-15 hours or so and will be checking his brain activity again then to see.

As far as I have heard, from all of their medical scans and such they can't find a single thing wrong with either his heart or his brain. They have no idea why he suddenly collapsed.

I'm unsure if the coma he is in is because of what happened or if it's medically induced. At the moment his wife and two kids are with him.

I ask that you please say a prayer that he will pull through and that there won't be any brain damage. I also ask that you'd pray for peace and comfort for his family, that God would be with them as they wait.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:58 am
I prayed for them, and you as well.  

middle finger up

Noob

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:44 pm
I prayed for them. Hope everything turns out okay.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:13 pm
                oh no gonk our thoughts and prayers are with you and your relatives.

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:12 am
The last shall be first

OtakuKat

Pickled Cactus

Thank you, everyone...I truly appreciate it.

I learned more today. They began the warming process after having had him in an induced hypothermia state. From what I have been told, they induced hypothermia to try and preserve brain function.

At current, one of his pupils isn't responding at all to light, while the other is slow to react. His kidney functions aren't at normal levels, his PH level is at 7 (which I learned is bad, it should be 7.5 or 7.6), his blood pressure is higher than it was yesterday, but is not where it should be.

Yesterday he was very slightly trying to override the ventilation (which I'm assuming means he was starting to try and breath on his own?) but today he wasn't.

From what I've been told, the outcome looks grim at this point, but everyone is still trying to hold onto hope, because there's always the chance it could suddenly turn around. My aunt has said that she feels at peace - she's a Christian, and she can feel everyone's prayers for her. So I thank you all so much again, it really means a lot to me, and to her as well I'm sure.

Tomorrow they will be deciding what they are going to do, depending on the results of how he reacts to being out of the hypothermia state. I'll try and post another update once I find out more.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:56 am
Please quote me with the update.  

middle finger up

Noob

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:40 pm
I will keep praying. Good to know that your Aunt is at peace.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:44 pm
Dante Senpai

OtakuKat

Thus far, there haven't been any major decisions made as far as I know. He still isn't stable so they can't move him anywhere and he's still in ICU and in a coma.

They think he has pneumonia. As far as the cause to him collapsing, they found that his left ventricle artery was operating at 20%, and they think that caused it. He has some lower brain function but no higher brain function. The doctor said he could regain the brain function, but he didn't seem optimistic. They did a cat scan, and couldn't see any signs of anything that would keep him from recovering brain function, so that at least is hopeful news. He also was trying to override the ventilator they had him on, which is also good.

Overall the doctors aren't optimistic, but they do still keep saying there's hope. Our family is still standing in faith and praying for a miracle. I thank you again for your prayers, they've meant a lot.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

middle finger up

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:31 am
Jewelies
Dante Senpai

OtakuKat

Thus far, there haven't been any major decisions made as far as I know. He still isn't stable so they can't move him anywhere and he's still in ICU and in a coma.

They think he has pneumonia. As far as the cause to him collapsing, they found that his left ventricle artery was operating at 20%, and they think that caused it. He has some lower brain function but no higher brain function. The doctor said he could regain the brain function, but he didn't seem optimistic. They did a cat scan, and couldn't see any signs of anything that would keep him from recovering brain function, so that at least is hopeful news. He also was trying to override the ventilator they had him on, which is also good.

Overall the doctors aren't optimistic, but they do still keep saying there's hope. Our family is still standing in faith and praying for a miracle. I thank you again for your prayers, they've meant a lot.

Be strong, I'm sure he'll pull through. Thank you for keeping me updated.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:02 pm
im dante bae

OtakuKat

Pickled Cactus

I just got word (literally, like five minutes ago) that there's been a HUGE change in his condition. Today he tried opening his eyes, and there's been response to light. His blood pressure is normal, and he is now completely off the blood pressure medication. His heartbeat is regular. It do go off for a little while due to low potassium levels, but it returned to regular once they fixed his potassium levels. Overall it's a very big improvement from yesterday.

I feel like a broken record saying it, but thank you all again so much. Our family appreciates them and is very grateful.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

middle finger up

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:29 pm
Jewelies
im dante bae

OtakuKat

Pickled Cactus

I just got word (literally, like five minutes ago) that there's been a HUGE change in his condition. Today he tried opening his eyes, and there's been response to light. His blood pressure is normal, and he is now completely off the blood pressure medication. His heartbeat is regular. It do go off for a little while due to low potassium levels, but it returned to regular once they fixed his potassium levels. Overall it's a very big improvement from yesterday.

I feel like a broken record saying it, but thank you all again so much. Our family appreciates them and is very grateful.

Amen!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:08 pm
Jewelies

Wow that's awesome! I'm glad for you guys. ^_^  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:12 pm
im dante bae

OtakuKat

Pickled Cactus

Well...it was looking good for awhile... But then yesterday his heart stopped again and today it stopped four times. The doctors did an MRI on his brain, and found significant damage from several strokes they believe happened from his heart stopping. They all believe it's highly unlikely that he'll be waking up and his wife and kids met with the care team to discuss their options. There's a possibility they may be pulling his life support very soon.

Thank you all for your prayers and supportive comments. They really have helped a lot, and I appreciate them greatly. If you could, just say one last prayer that God will be with his family and help them through, and that they'll hold no regrets or guilt, no matter the decision that they make? I know my cousin especially is struggling in making her decision at the moment, my aunt asked that people would pray for her especially that she would be able to be at peace with whatever choice she makes.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:48 pm
I will pray.  

middle finger up

Noob

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:30 pm
Jewelies

Well...it was looking good for awhile... But then yesterday his heart stopped again and today it stopped four times. The doctors did an MRI on his brain, and found significant damage from several strokes they believe happened from his heart stopping. They all believe it's highly unlikely that he'll be waking up and his wife and kids met with the care team to discuss their options. There's a possibility they may be pulling his life support very soon.

Thank you all for your prayers and supportive comments. They really have helped a lot, and I appreciate them greatly. If you could, just say one last prayer that God will be with his family and help them through, and that they'll hold no regrets or guilt, no matter the decision that they make? I know my cousin especially is struggling in making her decision at the moment, my aunt asked that people would pray for her especially that she would be able to be at peace with whatever choice she makes.

Sorry to hear that....I said a prayer for you guys.  
Prayer Requests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff