Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Is it good to not wear makeup or jewlery?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dakotashadow

Hilarious Genius

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:58 pm
I've struggled with this my whole life. I'm not one for makeup or jewlery or expensive things, but looking it up I found some quotes from the bible that say to be modest and to love what's in a woman's heart, and that the Lord values what's in the inside not on the outside.

1 Timothy 2:9–10

9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, 10 but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

Peter 3:3–5

3 Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— 4 but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. 5 For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands,  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:26 am
Welll, I wouldn't say it's a bad thing not to wear make up or jewelry. I also wouldn't see it's a good thing that you don't. Everyone has their preference.  

middle finger up

Noob

iuvenis

Quotable Shopper

5,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:19 am
These quotes mean that you should take care of your inner beauty, because it's more important than the outside. But it's up to you if you want to wear makeup or not!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:20 am
I think according to the Bible wearing too much is bad as it makes you more prideful/vain. Both I believe are considered as the "deadliest sins" and the point of being a Christian is being like Christ.

In the case of makeup, I think it's okay if you're trying to cover up some things like scars from stitches (we're complete klutzes as kids) or from the past. Or bruises that you incur either from domestic abuse or clumsiness.

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200

dakotashadow

Hilarious Genius

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:41 pm
Thanks for the nice replies. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:01 am
It's not bad to wear jewelry unless depends on what's good or not. In makeup wise it have led or chemicals in makeup unless you make it natural ingredients.  

Star-geeker

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100

Christmas Spirit Faerie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:53 am
Did you know that there is a preacher who I have heard him say a women MUST wear makup or she would be ugly. I think it is horrible when I heard him say that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:44 pm
Inner beauty should come before outer beauty.
I think God cares about intentions just as much as actions. This could help by asking yourself why you wear makeup or jewelry. Is it for attention? attracting others or a mate? a love for make-up art? self-expression?
Does your motive honor God and His word?

I personally like experimenting with make-up art as an artist and self-expression rather than caring what others think, if that helps  

icecreamcoloredgirl

O.G. Fatcat

Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces