"Seen and not heard; that's what children should be."
-The Portrait of Elizabeth Burke

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
My name is Elizabeth Burke

But I mostly go by Headmistress Burke or Lady Burke (or far worse by those of less culture or appreciation of nobility and decorum)

I'm a female.

I am a Portrait

I was painted at 35 years old.

The House I was in was Slytherin

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a woman of noble bearing, intelligent, and proper, and of course I deserve respect as a portrait of a woman with such good breeding and accomplishments. I am known to be a bit stiff but always helpful to a young deserving Slytherin who asks for help. Oh, yes, there is people who say I'm a blood purist and nasty and mean and cruel and I may have caused a young first year or two to cry-but they are of course filthy mudbloods or have no sense of bearing. Apparently, certain filth (even from my own house that the sorting hat has in its madness decided to place in the noble house of Salazar Slytherin) think it amusing to call me some rather vulgar names but I am only trying to teach them proper respect and they are filthy thieves or cheeky monsters regardless. Obviously, some of the staff aren't doing their proper jobs anymore.

My background story is Elizabeth Burke was sorted into Slytherin and this is a portrait of when she had just been named Headmistress of the school several centuries ago. While the details are unknown by her-she seems confident of her title of Headmistress though she did not die as one as her portrait has never hung in the Headmaster's office. One of her portraits hangs in the Malfoy Manor in 1997 and there was a time where she stood guard in front of a few secret passageways in her life-and has used the passwords "Slytherins are Supreme" and "Facta, non verba". Today she hangs in the dungeons not guarding any particular passageway but is always happy to offer her "friendly" advice to Slytherins about decorum, who it is proper to associate with, and about the importance of proper breeding and the evils of Mudbloods, Blood Traitors, and even intermingling with Muggles. She tends to travel between portraits in areas primarily where Slytherins would be.

I enjoy encouraging young Slytherins to be "nasty to Mudbloods", chats about high culture, discussing family history (of the noble purebloods only, of course), encouraging the highest respect for oneself and elders in young noble Slytherins, and lecturing rude or sloppily dressed students.

I despise Mudbloods, Blood Traitors, Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs particularly, a lack of respect to one's elders, and sloppy dress.

I'm afraid of Muggle filth stealing proper pureblood's magic and defiling it with their contagion and naming themselves so called witches and wizards when they are nothing but filthy thieves.

My strengths are I was brilliant at potions and have quite a good memory.

My flaws are I despise over 80 percent of Hogwarts and I have a fear of being touched by Mudblood filth and them dirtying my loveliness.

You'll find me hanging around the Dungeons usually. (Though I also make a visit near the main staircases quite often to keep students in line).

I look like A proper, redheaded, 16th or 17th century witch of noble bearings. (like this).

Accepted 12/09/2014 by ~ ♥ Cara ɱк