Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
What would you say to a stranger?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:12 pm
Hello brothers and sisters!

So if you could write a letter to a stranger anonymously, what would you include in that letter to help bring them to a knowledge/acceptance of Christ?

Please respond as if you're actually writing the letter- with all of the verses and explanations in letter form. 3nodding
Also, would you think it best to include your own personal testimony to perhaps, have it be relatable in a way?

Example:

Dear stranger,

I do not know you, but...

Sincerely, Anonymous Child of God/ Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:14 am
Dear stranger,

We may have not met yet; however I'm writing this letter to tell you that you are loved regardless of whatever situation you are in. There is a loving Father watching from above and preparing for all the great things in your life. I, myself am blessed to know Him and I would like you to be able to know Him too.

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Please don't disregard this message just because you had bad experience with God, churches community, Biblical preaches and such. I would encourage you to analyse this yourself and believe on what is true.

*insert catchy bible truth here* e.g. if the Big Bang theory was true, where does the dust particle originated from? What is the standard moral law? Is it the one built by human which has flaws on its own statement? Let me introduce you the Bible which has a self defending & non-conflicting scripture, along with fulfilled prophecies and the most trusted history book on earth! (If you don't believe the Bible along with its million translations, there is no way you are trusting more a mere historical book which only has few copies around the world in the past days)

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. I would be pleased to discuss this with you.
I wish you a great time to think of it thoroughly and let His love shines on you too!

Sincerely,
Redeemed and life set free by Christ~  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:31 am
Dear stranger,

I do not know you, but...

Everyone ponders the meaning of their existence and purpose in life. The world around us and the people who live in this lonely universe are always looking for answers. But knowledge and wisdom should never be sought solely from human beings, we must learn to trust God, from whom all things descend. He is the reason we are here and that all things exist in nature with laws and beauty. He promised a long time ago that a Messiah would come and save us from the brokenness sin has left on the world and the curse on creation. And so he has. I would encourage you to read the New Testament. But to gain some perspective on this Jesus, read Isaiah 53, and Daniel 9:25-28.

Sincerely, Anonymous Child of God/ Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 am
Dear Stranger,

We haven’t met before, but I’m eager to reach out and tell you something wonderful: how to find peace and better deal with life’s hurdles. Despite how my words may look to you, it’s no secret! In fact, finding true joy is a choice offered to every human being in this world for acceptance or rejection. If rejected, this choice comes around in your life again, over and over, as if reminding you that it’s there in case you decide to give it a chance. It will never leave you. It will never disappear.

The choice of finding true peace, joy, greater patience, and endurance lies with God. Please hear me out on this, as it has changed the quality of my life for the better. My worldview has become so much richer and vivid, and I see things in a much different way. I’m a new person, and as cliché as it sounds it’s true! I have never felt moments of peace or joy as powerful as I do now, while in the past I barely paid attention to God. I’ve learned to be more patient and selfless because I have a greater understanding of humanity. Even though I still experience hardships such as pain, stress, fear, and grief, I no longer feel alone in bearing the weight of them all. God helps me deal with my junk, and He encourages me to never give up, to become stronger, and to learn valuable lessons from the obstacles in life.

“Who is God? What is He like? What does He do? Why does He care about someone like me? How do I even talk to Him?” you may ask. Everything to know about God is found in the Bible. You can easily read the Bible on websites such as biblegateway.com and blueletterbible.org, you can download the Bible as a phone app, and there are several other ways. You can talk to God as you would a respected person, and as you form a closer bond with Him you may feel comfortable treating Him as a trusted friend. Right now, you may feel confused about God, even angry, or you may doubt His existence. He’ll be glad to help you understand, little-by-little, only if you ask. As promised in Matthew 7:7 in the Bible, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

If you accept this choice, it will be the greatest decision you have ever made! Of course, it is up to you what you decide, as your decisions are yours and yours alone.

Sincerely,

A Changed Woman  

Your Dramatic Angel

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:21 pm
The Evil Froot Loop
Dear Stranger,

We haven’t met before, but I’m eager to reach out and tell you something wonderful: how to find peace and better deal with life’s hurdles. Despite how my words may look to you, it’s no secret! In fact, finding true joy is a choice offered to every human being in this world for acceptance or rejection. If rejected, this choice comes around in your life again, over and over, as if reminding you that it’s there in case you decide to give it a chance. It will never leave you. It will never disappear.

The choice of finding true peace, joy, greater patience, and endurance lies with God. Please hear me out on this, as it has changed the quality of my life for the better. My worldview has become so much richer and vivid, and I see things in a much different way. I’m a new person, and as cliché as it sounds it’s true! I have never felt moments of peace or joy as powerful as I do now, while in the past I barely paid attention to God. I’ve learned to be more patient and selfless because I have a greater understanding of humanity. Even though I still experience hardships such as pain, stress, fear, and grief, I no longer feel alone in bearing the weight of them all. God helps me deal with my junk, and He encourages me to never give up, to become stronger, and to learn valuable lessons from the obstacles in life.

“Who is God? What is He like? What does He do? Why does He care about someone like me? How do I even talk to Him?” you may ask. Everything to know about God is found in the Bible. You can easily read the Bible on websites such as biblegateway.com and blueletterbible.org, you can download the Bible as a phone app, and there are several other ways. You can talk to God as you would a respected person, and as you form a closer bond with Him you may feel comfortable treating Him as a trusted friend. Right now, you may feel confused about God, even angry, or you may doubt His existence. He’ll be glad to help you understand, little-by-little, only if you ask. As promised in Matthew 7:7 in the Bible, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”

If you accept this choice, it will be the greatest decision you have ever made! Of course, it is up to you what you decide, as your decisions are yours and yours alone.

Sincerely,

A Changed Woman

Thank you so much for replying to this. I haven't been posting on this guild for quite a long time. Mostly due to College. And I'm not sure if you were aware..but you just so happened to respond to this old thread on my birthday today : )
I don't think that was a coincidence. I stopped believing in coincidences a long time ago because I know that God has a purpose behind everything that happens-good or bad.

So thank you, truly. ♥  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:39 pm
Spirit Reborn
The Evil Froot Loop
Dear Stranger,

Sincerely,

A Changed Woman

Thank you so much for replying to this. I haven't been posting on this guild for quite a long time. Mostly due to College. And I'm not sure if you were aware..but you just so happened to respond to this old thread on my birthday today : )
I don't think that was a coincidence. I stopped believing in coincidences a long time ago because I know that God has a purpose behind everything that happens-good or bad.

So thank you, truly. ♥
You're welcome, birthday girl! Happy birthday, and may God bless you! biggrin  

Your Dramatic Angel

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas