Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Fan Fiction Writing & Fan Art
Fan Fiction Writing - What do you Think?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Add Fan Fiction Writing to the Guild
  Yes
  No
  Meh
  Great Idea!
  When Do We Start!
  I Can't Write!
  Maybe
  RPG Instead?
  No Way
View Results

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:38 am
Hello Everyone,

I happen to write Fan Fiction every now and then and I have been in a few forum based RPG's. I'm wondering if members in this Guild are interested in writing Fan Fiction of their favorite Anime and or Manga series. Also I can certainly include original writing as well and even poems about different series that you would like to write about. The sky's the limit but the writing needs to be PG13. That's one of our Guilds rules and one of Gaia Online's general rules as well.

Please let me know what you think. We can certainly have writing contests as well with prizes. Your spelling or sentence structure doesn't need to be perfect. Mine certainly isn't. Having a really good imagination is a plus and Loving the series that you are writing about is too.

You can either Vote, Post a Comment, or Both.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:08 pm
If enough people are interested I think that it's a good idea. A writing sub-forum can include quite a bit, from short stories and plays to songs and poems. I primarily write original stuff, but occasionally dip into fandoms.  

xinitia

Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:11 am
xinitia
If enough people are interested I think that it's a good idea. A writing sub-forum can include quite a bit, from short stories and plays to songs and poems. I primarily write original stuff, but occasionally dip into fandoms.

Hi Xinitia, this is why I have started this thread to see if their is any interest in writing Manga or fan fiction on this guild. So far it's only an idea that I'm playing with. It would be an extra thing to do on the Guild. The main mission is the same and that is to talk about Anime, Cosplay, and Conventions.

Ron  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:21 am
that would be awesome! i love reading, and fan fiction is cool. You see the writer's imagination in his or her style of writing. I did try writing but its not as good as it seems XD still though it will be fun to share your work for others to see and read. A good criticize or even bad is always welcome and it makes the writer improve his or her work.  

khryseis eae

Demigod

29,925 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:41 pm
khryseis eae
that would be awesome! i love reading, and fan fiction is cool. You see the writer's imagination in his or her style of writing. I did try writing but its not as good as it seems XD still though it will be fun to share your work for others to see and read. A good criticize or even bad is always welcome and it makes the writer improve his or her work.

Hi, thanks for posting in this thread. Manga as you may know is the backbone of Anime. Without writers Anime would not exist. I'm planning on having a short story / short answer writing contest. Either myself or one of the crew members will announce it. Basically it's going to be about writing about your favorite Anime or video game series. The twist will be is that you will be in the scene as well. What would you do if you got to meet your favorite characters. I'm hoping that this contest with a prize will lead to other writing contests or writing for fun. So I encourage you to stay tuned for this upcoming contest. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:02 am
smithers456
khryseis eae
Hi, thanks for posting in this thread. Manga as you may know is the backbone of Anime. Without writers Anime would not exist. I'm planning on having a short story / short answer writing contest. Either myself or one of the crew members will announce it. Basically it's going to be about writing about your favorite Anime or video game series. The twist will be is that you will be in the scene as well. What would you do if you got to meet your favorite characters. I'm hoping that this contest with a prize will lead to other writing contests or writing for fun. So I encourage you to stay tuned for this upcoming contest. smile

whoa.. sounds a lot of fun.. biggrin yeah i am thrilled and looking forward to it

khryseis eae

Demigod

29,925 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 am
khryseis eae
smithers456
khryseis eae

whoa.. sounds a lot of fun.. biggrin yeah i am thrilled and looking forward to it

I have a surprise for you. I just created a new Sub Forum in the Guild called "Fanfiction and Manga Writing". In the Sub Forum I posted the rules for writing stories in it and I just finished posting a thread that includes a 7 page short story that I wrote last year. I encourage you to read it and I know that you will like it. I'm hoping that Guild members that read this story will be inspired to write 1 to 2 page stories in the upcoming contest. Note: you won't be able to post comments on the story thread so feel free to post your comment on this thread. If you are a writer I encourage you to start a new thread and post a story. Just follow the rules that I stated and have fun. If you are not a writer that's fine. Enjoy reading my story which is called "Dimensional Quill".  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:32 pm
smithers456
khryseis eae
smithers456
khryseis eae

I have a surprise for you. I just created a new Sub Forum in the Guild called "Fanfiction and Manga Writing". In the Sub Forum I posted the rules for writing stories in it and I just finished posting a thread that includes a 7 page short story that I wrote last year. I encourage you to read it and I know that you will like it. I'm hoping that Guild members that read this story will be inspired to write 1 to 2 page stories in the upcoming contest. Note: you won't be able to post comments on the story thread so feel free to post your comment on this thread. If you are a writer I encourage you to start a new thread and post a story. Just follow the rules that I stated and have fun. If you are not a writer that's fine. Enjoy reading my story which is called "Dimensional Quill".

Yay! that was awesome Ron... Imma read it on weekend (sorry cant stay long enough to read it today) but thanks I took a quick look and its whoa... pretty long hahaha so this weekend I'll read it. Will comment when Im done emotion_yatta  

khryseis eae

Demigod

29,925 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:20 pm
Hi Everyone,

Please read my short story called "Dimensional Quill" in the new Fanfiction and Manga writing Sub Forum. I've opened the Dimensional Quill thread so that people can comment on it. Their will be a writing contest in this new Sub Forum after Easter. Stay Tuned. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:04 am
I'm in! I love Fanfictions so much. smile  

LonelyGentleRain

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

charity_halliwell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:35 pm
I would like that it is so interesting to see other peoples thoughts and ideas.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:49 pm
charity_halliwell
I would like that it is so interesting to see other peoples thoughts and ideas.

Hi charity_halliwell

Are you a writer. If so feel free to start a thread in this Sub Forum with your stories, Fan Fiction, etc.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Cute Apple Pie-chan

Friendly Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:37 am
I'm writting fanfiction now in Fullmetal Alchemist and Kyou Kara Maou fandoms. They are mostly soft-yaoi, but sometimes... You know. xd  
Fan Fiction Writing & Fan Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games