Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music
Movie Review of Exodus: Gods and Kings [Warning - spoilers]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:17 pm
Movie Review of Exodus: Gods and Kings  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:42 pm
I skimmed through the review but it's missing the fact that a) it's extremely white washing the cast of the Hebrews and reinforcing the age old theories brought to us in the Renaissance. I like my movies to do a better job of at least showing the demographic of those times. The Jews and Egyptians were both dark skinned. They lived in a bloody desert.

White guys=good guys
Dark skinned guys=bad guys.

There's been a lot of movies and interpretations concerning the Exodus from the Ten Commandments to Rugrats. (Rugrats being my favorite.) Personally, I won't be watching this movie nor would I recommend it. Everyone's better off just watching Charlton Heston's Ten Commandments and calling it a night.

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:27 pm
Ha, very true Astra. Yet that is a minor issue when concerning the Biblical account. So long as they don't take God out of the picture, disfigure the plagues and Ramses fear of the increase in number of Israelites in his kingdom. But I have a feeling it's going to be funky... ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:52 pm
Tsur
Ha, very true Astra. Yet that is a minor issue when concerning the Biblical account. So long as they don't take God out of the picture, disfigure the plagues and Ramses fear of the increase in number of Israelites in his kingdom. But I have a feeling it's going to be funky... ninja

Actually considering that's a horrible portrayal of God's people who are the Israelite...I'd say it's a major issue and something Christians should be standing in solidarity with their Jewish brethern.

It's Hollywood. After the Moses movie and the past couple of renditions..it's bound to be funky. It's why I'm not surprised anymore.

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:07 pm
Wait, do they make the Israelites black and the Egyptian's white? How did they set it up? Could you show me these racist undertones you're talking about. I haven't seen the film yet...

EDIT: Never mind I found an article. Christian Answers; Exodus: Gods and Kings  
Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games