Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
URGENT - Feel demonic presence

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Wight

Tipsy Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:41 am
I'm feeling attacked right now. I'm not sure how else to word it, but I have a distinct sensation of fear and darkness that seems to be all around me, and I'm not 100% sure why. I've demanded that whatever is assaulting me (assuming it isn't my mind, of course) leave in Jesus' name, but I don't have enough faith to do so with authority (I still have doubts of my own salvation)

Please pray for my protection and courage  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 pm
Praying. heart  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:47 am
Red Wight
I'm feeling attacked right now. I'm not sure how else to word it, but I have a distinct sensation of fear and darkness that seems to be all around me, and I'm not 100% sure why. I've demanded that whatever is assaulting me (assuming it isn't my mind, of course) leave in Jesus' name, but I don't have enough faith to do so with authority (I still have doubts of my own salvation)

Please pray for my protection and courage

If you have given your life to Christ Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior there is no need to doubt that you have your eternal salvation. I am praying for your need regardless, as Satan is always waiting, hoping for a weakness in every believer (you and I included) so he can whisper lies in our minds.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:35 am
In light of what Ryu said, I'll offer up some verses for consideration:

• 2 Corinthians 13:5 (NIV)

5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

• John 15:3-14 (NIV)

3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

• Galatians 5:19-25 (NIV)

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

• Philippians 2:12-13 (NIV)

12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

If Christ is in you, and you're in Christ, you should be bearing fruit: selfless love for others and the fruit of the Holy Spirit. It is healthy to continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling / self-examination as the scriptures suggest. Unless you stop believing and trusting in Jesus (and his message), you haven't lost your salvation.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

CandicetheWanderer

Heart Seeker

6,400 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:41 pm
heart Praying heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:45 pm
You will be in my prayers. Have you tried talking to a preacher about this?  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:07 am
1 John 4:4
New Living Translation
But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.

In the name of Jesus, I pray for Red Wight to be strengthen and protected. Let Red strongly believes the salvation from you Lord. And please drives away any fear and let Your peace rests on Red. Amen.

1 John 4:18- ESV
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:17 am
Know this: The devil cannot do anything to a human soul without the permission of God Almighty. Like the story of Job, Satan had to get God's permission to inflict harm on Job's physical health and his luxury. God said for him not to kill him. Satan has to obey if he still wants to exist. Job was hit with plagues such as boils, leprosy, blindness, made his flesh rot and stink, had his most beloved friends hate him because they all judged him to be wicked and cursed by God. However, Job came out triumphant on top by never cursing God, but instead, praised God even more, and would talk ill only about himself, thinking maybe he did wrong to receive this punishment. Just keep your faith in God and Christ, even when Satan gives you all he's got.You will be rewarded in the end.  

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100

OMGITSMiShKi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:50 pm
I know exactly what you are going through and have been through the same thing multiple times. it is truly horrible. I've felt precence, i've seen them, i've heard them, I actually was forced out of my body when i was asleep and attacked.

I always got through it but here is some advice that i have learned.
when you first start to feel presence, ignore.
Even if you are afraid try to keep it under control because they feed off of that.
the more you fear/acknowledge the more power they have i have noticed.

Try going to a church and talking to the priest about it. i believe he/she will be able to help you hands on.

I too, do not have that kind of power to just banish something like this.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:59 pm
Hi I don't know if you got through this but first the best thing is to be careful and find out for sure that it is a demon. Some times spirits that are evil likes to make you think it is demonic when it is not. Secondly go to church, confess and take communion. AFter that get your house smudge out and bless. Pray to Micheal the Archangel for help and guidance as well. After all the one person that the Devil hates is Micheal. I hope this helps you and may God help you in your journey and keep you safe in his lovingly embrace.  

JasmineDarkdreamer

Shadowy Hunter

9,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Divorced 100

Frogsnack

Questionable Snack

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:11 am
Red Wight
I'm feeling attacked right now.

How are you today?

We all have a measure of faith and God will not allow you to be tested beyond your ability to bear it! (1 Cor 10:13)

I know what spiritual warfare is like, and I will pray that God shows his power in your life. You do absolutely have the authority as a child of God, having been saved, to cast out demons, heal the wounded, and move mountains in Jesus name.

That said, you are not alone, but you also owe nothing to your attackers. Bind & rebuke them in Jesus' name, then turn and praise the Lord that they are gone because he has given you strength and freed you from the spirit of fear!

Also this is important- do NOT allow it back. If you feel it again, testing you- know that God who is withing you is STRONGER: rebuke it again, praise God (ask for the guidance of the Holy Spirit as well). You will get through this.

PM me anytime!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:57 am
Frogsnack

Hi Frogsnack! (love the name, by the way~)

Thanks for your reply. I basically just got back onto Gaia after a very long absence, so it was nice to be greeted with an unexpected and uplifting message! This thread is quite old, and I don't recall being attacked like that since I first posted it. However, I have been feeling really distant from God for other reasons, and your reminders that we will not be tested more than we can bear were very important for me to hear. You started a thought process that made me remember that the Devil can attack us in ways that don't necessarily cause fear, but can instead bring discouragement, despair, and complacency (all things that I struggle with regularly). And he's definitely succeeded doing that, as whenever I try to start living the way God wants me to, I always end up giving up.

Once again, thank you for your concern. And while I don't feel attacked anymore in the way that I originally said, it would mean a lot to me if you would keep me in your prayers. It's time that I start maturing spiritually, and I've learned from experience that I can't do it alone.

Red Wight

Tipsy Dabbler

Frogsnack

Questionable Snack

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:49 pm
Red Wight
Frogsnack

Hi Frogsnack! (love the name, by the way~)

Thanks for your reply. I basically just got back onto Gaia after a very long absence, so it was nice to be greeted with an unexpected and uplifting message! This thread is quite old, and I don't recall being attacked like that since I first posted it. However, I have been feeling really distant from God for other reasons, and your reminders that we will not be tested more than we can bear were very important for me to hear. You started a thought process that made me remember that the Devil can attack us in ways that don't necessarily cause fear, but can instead bring discouragement, despair, and complacency (all things that I struggle with regularly). And he's definitely succeeded doing that, as whenever I try to start living the way God wants me to, I always end up giving up.

Once again, thank you for your concern. And while I don't feel attacked anymore in the way that I originally said, it would mean a lot to me if you would keep me in your prayers. It's time that I start maturing spiritually, and I've learned from experience that I can't do it alone.

(Thank you! Also I'm sure this is all God's timing- for both of us!)

It's helpful to read the word everyday too- you don't have to have some awe-inspiring revelation the instance you open the word, but so much of our defense against the enemy is in knowing what our protections are within God's word. How can we claim rights that we don't know we have?

"James 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not."

Basically for anything you don't know yet-ask God to show you! I will also pray for you that God gives you discernment in what to do in your walk with him, and what to ask for. But in reading the word let me encourage you- opening it can be the most difficult thing! After that it's okay to JUST READ IT! I say this because for many years I would go to the few chapters I was comfortable with (Psalms & Proverbs) and read snippets, a few verses, maybe a chapter and God still would routinely use those in my life (he can use anything, even your enemies to bless you). I'm reading the entire bible now and getting a lot out of it, but you can set a timer if you like, read at the same time every day (I find early in the morning is great for me). As long as you actually read something everyday you will become stronger in him.

Don't beat yourself up if you miss a day either okay? He knows your heart and will meet you where you're at! (Also welcome back to Gaia <3)

--> Also, for encouragement, Psalm 23 is one of the best! 1{A Psalm of David.} The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:15 pm
I will pray for you. I also feel a dark presence, occasionally when I sleep. Pray for me also.  

Warrior Of El

Blessed Genius

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces