Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Hi! I need a schedule to teach my little sister.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raixa_Phantasy

Mega Pieslinger

11,300 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:24 pm
User Image

"
I love my little sister. I know it is the mom's job to raise and teach her children, but she does not do that. My grandma lives with us to take care of her. She is leaving soon like a year. I know that I am a high school student, so I cannot be there for her everyday. Right now, it is the winter break, so I can relax.

Do you have any recommendations to teach a girl who is 7-years-old? I read Genesis to her; that was okay. Then, I read abridged ( children ) version of Exodus to Deuteronomy. I skipped all the way to Psalms and Proverbs. Is that okay? I know that she cannot comprehend all the historical details and the details of Elohim's plans for his feasts/buildings.

I do not like that she watches TV most of her days when she is at home. I know that there is nil of scripture teachings. Any advice for that? I know that I cannot stop her from watching TV at all.

Any advice of a schedule when I return from school? I am at home at 4pm and work on my homework for a minimum of three hours, not straight.

The public school does not teach her to love Elohim. The catechism that she attends on Mondays does not teach her to love Elohim.

I need advice because I do not like that she gets bored. I also get stressed out or forgetful.

I know that my mom and I are different. I've gotten permission from her to teach the Scriptures. My dad permits me to discipline my siblings. I want to do something right.

Thanks for reading."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:02 pm
Today's youth do not care for God's Word unless it's put onto Hollywood or into a popular music video. Government and non-believers have made it hard for us Christians to keep God in people's minds. With "The freedom of religion", which allows all types of faiths and cultures to expose their many beliefs, children think it's nothing more but boring, superstitious fairy tales. You should start getting more stricter on getting Bible Study into your household. Advise your parents to come together during bible study, because God needs to be a family priority. Pick Saturday or Friday night to have Family Night. ....

I have to take care of something so I will continue more advice when I come back.  

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:48 pm
You're going to have to teach it to her at her level. Depending on what that level is, I'd suggest either a children's storybook Bible to begin teaching her the basics, or, if she finds that too boring/not challenging enough, a Bible aimed more towards the pre-teen level.

Some other ideas could be to pick a theme for every week. For example, one week could be to teach her about God's love for us. During that week, pick Bible stories and Bible verses to read to her that teach about God's love for us. Another week could be how to be obedient to God.

Art projects are also a fun way for kids to learn about the Bible. Hop on Google and search up projects that correlate to whatever you're trying to teach her. There's tons of them that are cheap and super easy to do.

If that's too time-intensive, then maybe do a nightly devotional? Read a Bible story every night, and discuss what it means with her. Let her ask questions, and ask her questions about it to make sure she understands what you're saying.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:51 am
User Image

"
Thank you for sharing! I've been reading to her from the Bible and children stories. She isn't a strong reader.
I really want to study the Bible with my family, like I'll cry happy tears if that happens.
An art project is a sound idea. "

Raixa_Phantasy

Mega Pieslinger

11,300 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Viviane_neechan

Blessed Codger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:44 pm
Have you tried Veggie Tales, in terms of TV? We love Veggie Tales because it's extremely entertaining and it teaches the Bible. It's tough to drag a small child away from the TV, especially for an activity they don't like. (For example, I'm a Christian now, and I would have been VERY upset at her age if I was forced to listen to something that didn't interest me instead of watching TV).

So yes, I highly recommend Veggie Tales (and if you can find another Christian kid's show that's as interesting as Veggie Tales, go for that, too!).

And keep being the great example that you are. 3nodding You're her big sister and that means she looks up to you a great deal. You're doing great, so keep it up!! heart  
Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games