Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature
I'm worried about my older dog because...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akoti

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:18 pm
I woke up early this morning and wasn't able to get back to sleep. I mean really really early...

Anyway, my parents woke up around the time I woke up and then they started talking with a very worried (And sometimes angry) tone. It was a very short conversation, but part of it was

Mom: "George isn't going to live much longer, is he?"
Dad: "I know..."

I'm really worried about him because I already lost three pets this year - two guinea pigs and one cat that had been in my family for almost 10 years. Had he survived to december, he would have been around 20 years old. I don't want to tell my parents I overheard this, but I know what I heard and I wasn't half asleep or dreaming or anything like that. Worse, my parents keep looking at George in a really depressing way and they won't talk to me about how he's doing besides saying "He's fine" in a really odd tone of voice - the kind people have when they're really upset about something and they're very obviously lying.

My dog is overweight and we can't seem to get him to lose weight no matter how much walking we do. He also has thrown up and I've been picking it up without telling my parents more than about 5 times. He's thrown up about 30 or so times that I can count. I'm worried it's something with his stomach.

One day, after seeing that I was getting depressed yet again (I deal with true depression) my mom said to me that we might be able to adopt another older cat soon. My old cat, Diego, passed away as stated before, and he was adopted when he was 9 or 10 years old.

I'm sorry if this was a weird thing to post. I want to know if there's any way I could get my parents to tell me what the heck is going on and if there's any way I could try to get my dog George to be social at all (He hasn't been all that social recently)

Short story short, my dog is probably dying and my parents keep telling me he's fine while very obviously lying with their tone of voice. I want to know how to try to comfort my dog and get the real story out of my parents.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:58 am
Hang in there I hope he is okay.
I thought I was gonna put my dog down.
She was bleeding from her foot and has Lyme Disease on the to of that she has a UTI so we give her medication and medication for pain for her legs but yeah like I said hang in there times can be tough keep me updated or even PM me heart

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:50 pm
I lost a cat at 16 years old of her age and yet my dog is 12 years old
Some animals can't live forever
My dog pees herself because of her UTI and now she has a Infection on top of that she has Lyme Disease
I know your pain

13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff