Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian apologetics
How Should I Judge Botanical Prayers?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:01 pm
I am not for it, but someone I care for is. He bought these three prayers, all include God and Christ in them, plus some bottles with prayer oils and spiritual bath ointments. Now, it's so he can get his children back out of foster care after fighting hard the normal way. Now he's wanting to go spiritually in fighting this case. Help me to understand is this okay?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:48 am
I'm not entirely sure what botanical prayers are, but... Judging from your post alone, it doesn't seem very biblical to me.

The first red flag was that he bought the prayers. The spiritual bath ointments are another. There are instances of anointing things with oil in the Bible, but...really, it sounds a lot like more like a...hrm...I can't really think of the word, but, definitely the wrong kind of spiritualism.

I'd be wary of being involved with that sort of thing. Even if it says 'God' and 'Christ' in the prayers, it just seems kind of...off to me. I'd need more information on exactly what they are though to say anything for 100% sure.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:49 am
Jewelies
I'm not entirely sure what botanical prayers are, but... Judging from your post alone, it doesn't seem very biblical to me.

The first red flag was that he bought the prayers. The spiritual bath ointments are another. There are instances of anointing things with oil in the Bible, but...really, it sounds a lot like more like a...hrm...I can't really think of the word, but, definitely the wrong kind of spiritualism.

I'd be wary of being involved with that sort of thing. Even if it says 'God' and 'Christ' in the prayers, it just seems kind of...off to me. I'd need more information on exactly what they are though to say anything for 100% sure.

Well, botanicals (or pronounced "botanicas) are supposed to be spiritual shops. With me living in New York, you can find them almost everywhere. They always have large religious statues, not all of them Christian religions, and some people will actually go to these places to get "spirits" to interfere with what the individual is trying to achieve. It can be from getting filthy rich to getting the girl/boy you like to fall in love with you. You can also get a psychic reading or be given candles to burn while making the choice prayers. You're supposed to do these prayers concurrently as instructed by the store keeper.
How I know this is because I too had gotten caught in this mess and I really don't think this is right. I know what God says about doing witchcraft, involving yourselves with fortune tellers, and all those things that is not of Him. My friend won't have faith in God the normal way, though he does believe in God.  
Christian apologetics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games