Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 29. ✿ - - - School and Work
Illegal School Enviroment, what do I do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NC_Nana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:40 pm
My school is pretty much a disaster waiting to happen. The problem isn't only it's safety and health issues, because I understand that it's a third world country and this is probably what they can afford. My huge problem is, when the school was from 8-12, we could power through all the problems but now at 7-4, nope.

Here's what I consider the School is failing at:

~ No running water in the sinks or toilets.
~ No toilet paper.
~ There is only electricity a few hours a day, sometimes, it just doesn't come on.
~ The only time they give us drinking water is at 12-1 which isn't enough.
~ Most of the time, someone is allergic to food and cannot eat.
~ The teachers are not prepared for teaching, this is a personal opinion from someone who studied 4 years in a PR Private school.
~ There is no nurse.
~ If your parent doesn't have a home phone, you're screwed because they won't call unless it's a home phone.
~ If you miss a certain amount of school days, even if you bring in a doctor's excuse, you may fail.
~ One of our teachers is a bully and has made many sexual remarks towards female students but because he's the ONLY chemestry teacher in town, he's not getting fired.
~ There isn't a place to buy food incase you're allergic to what they're serving.
~ They promised us breakfast and snacks. The breakfast is milk+oatmeal raisin cookie or Milk+old bread, no snacks.

Now, while our goverment SHOULD be addressing this issue, instead, they give us longer school hours that we cannot in any way maintain health while going through. We can't go to the bathroom, we can't drink when we're thirsty and we can't eat when the douchbag school decides to serve something a LOT of people are allergic to. Also, the food proportions are just cruel.

So my question is, what the hell do I do? I get home practically wetting my pants and too tired to work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:23 pm
I don't know... It never happened something like this in my city.
There was a mold issue in primary school so the government closed the school to rebuild it and reclocate the students in another school. I don't know who and how they got the help of the government for that...

In my high school when there was a problem, the parents of the students will come complain to the principal of the school and the principal will do something to solve the issue.

You have to gather many people who want to address the issue of your school, make a complaint to the principal, sign a petition, get the parents involved...

Theses are just ideas, like I said I'm not sure how to handle this.

Sue them ??  

Miss_XxAriaxX

NC_Nana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:28 pm
XxAriaxX

:/ I can't sue my school because it's broke and I'm going to try and get a petition going, that is, if my family lets me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:35 pm
Everything you said sounds exactly like my school and I'm in America. I'm just glad I have only one more year left. I don't know what else to say. sad
I would just try to get through it the best you can.  

x-TeaseMe

NC_Nana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:45 pm
x-TeaseMe
Everything you said sounds exactly like my school and I'm in America. I'm just glad I have only one more year left. I don't know what else to say. sad

God :/ I wish I could just take homeschooling, this school has me so god-damn stressed, seriously. I think 10 hours is way too long for teaching, by hour 5, my brains already fried.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:51 pm
Yikes, I have no idea o-o It sounds like your government cannot get its s**t together, and I'm sorry to hear that!  

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items