Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Southern Conventions
MegaCon 2015

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Full_meddling_alchemist23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:39 pm
Anyone planning on going to MegaCon in Orlando, Florida this year? I'm so excited, I've already started working on cosplays even though its way early razz I've been to this convention I think 5 years now?? It's one of the best, great cosplays, great panels, amazing guests!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:32 am
Hi, It's got to be cool to go to a con in Orlando Florida. Could you let us know more about MegaCon like when it is, a website to check out, and what are the most exciting things to do at it. Thanks.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Full_meddling_alchemist23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:05 pm
Sure! smile

Here is the website to start off with:
http://megaconvention.com/

MegaCon is in the Spring, usually late March, but this year its actually early April (April 10-12)
It's the largest convention is the South-East, and something like the fifth largest in the country? (not 100% sure on that detail)

Anyway, its a really fun convention because it doesn't have a specific focus, like anime or gaming, so it therefore has ALL of it!
I've been to a couple of conventions in various areas, and one of the things I love about MegaCon is it has generally the best guests, and the easiest system, so you are much more guaranteed to see who you want to. Guests range far and wide as well, for example in the past few years I have met Stan Lee, Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Tara Strong (voice actress), Gail Simone (DC comics writer) and James Marsters (Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer). I would highly recommend this con if you can make it!
biggrin  
Southern Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff