Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
homosexuality

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OMGITSMiShKi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:34 am
For a good portion of my childhood like, 15 up until recently I used to date women. Like serious, long term relationships. I'm now 22 and in a relationship with a man. I choose not to go back to women because of my religious believes. I know this is a mixed typed of opinion in the christian community but recently since i have been wanting to get my life right, I feel allot differently on the subject than i did before. I know allot of people in the gay community. and i love my friends, but i don't really give positive feedback when it comes to their lifestyle. I don't say anything negative because that wont lead nowhere. But i dont make comments like "yeah you and your girlfriend should totally have kids" or "glad you found a nice girl to make you happy". its not that i think badly of it, i just don't want to encourage what i feel is wrong. And i dont want to discourage because i dont want my friends to think i no longer love them because my views have changed. I actually have yet to come out to my friends about my believes and how strongly i feel about them because allot have a negative opinion on Christianity because of the lifestyle they live and how most dont agree. I've made comments like "just because somebody believes differently than you doesn't make them a bad person" or "everybody is entitled to believe what they want". but in a way to where its like ... me trying to make an understanding for them before i come out. how would you deal with this? I feel like i have a barrier now between my believes and my friends. I'm not sure how they would react. I don't want to be offended because if i come out and they continue to mock what i believe in i dont think i can be friends with them any longer due to not being respectful. I really think there is a difference between having different believes and being disrespectful to somebody elses lifestyle.
how would you handle this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:53 pm
OMGITSMiShKi
For a good portion of my childhood like, 15 up until recently I used to date women. Like serious, long term relationships. I'm now 22 and in a relationship with a man. I choose not to go back to women because of my religious believes. I know this is a mixed typed of opinion in the christian community but recently since i have been wanting to get my life right, I feel allot differently on the subject than i did before. I know allot of people in the gay community. and i love my friends, but i don't really give positive feedback when it comes to their lifestyle. I don't say anything negative because that wont lead nowhere. But i dont make comments like "yeah you and your girlfriend should totally have kids" or "glad you found a nice girl to make you happy". its not that i think badly of it, i just don't want to encourage what i feel is wrong. And i dont want to discourage because i dont want my friends to think i no longer love them because my views have changed. I actually have yet to come out to my friends about my believes and how strongly i feel about them because allot have a negative opinion on Christianity because of the lifestyle they live and how most dont agree. I've made comments like "just because somebody believes differently than you doesn't make them a bad person" or "everybody is entitled to believe what they want". but in a way to where its like ... me trying to make an understanding for them before i come out. how would you deal with this? I feel like i have a barrier now between my believes and my friends. I'm not sure how they would react. I don't want to be offended because if i come out and they continue to mock what i believe in i dont think i can be friends with them any longer due to not being respectful. I really think there is a difference between having different believes and being disrespectful to somebody elses lifestyle.

if theyre our friends for real they wont mock you once you explain it to them, if they mock you, youre blessed cause now you know who wasnt really your friend  

RavishingPizza

Gracious Muse

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:12 pm
RavishingPizza
OMGITSMiShKi

if theyre our friends for real they wont mock you once you explain it to them, if they mock you, youre blessed cause now you know who wasnt really your friend

This. I also want to add that God will send you Christian friends. Have you become involved in a church yet?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:45 am
1 Corinthians 15:33 (ESV)
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.

I agree with what everyone else said. Please have good friends to support you from church. Let your light shine and hopefully you can reach out to your homosexuals friend so that the may know Jesus. Hence, they are saved.

My prayer be with you so that you can be bold and courageous.  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Raixa_Phantasy

Mega Pieslinger

11,300 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:33 pm
User Image

"
I've been in a similar situation. I'm in high school and ended my relationships with some friends. It's awkward for some months because we pass by each other at school. I don't hate them; we had fun. They moved on, too. I enjoy the memories, but I am ashamed with some memories .

I didn't debate with them because I'm going to cry and be angry if they keep showing to me that they're too stubborn to change. because I'm bad at debates. because I'm not baptized, yet. because I'll be stepping out of line and be following my heart which is not smart.

I'll welcome my used-to-be-close-friends if we ever meet each other .
BUT I won't help them to sin more like shoplifting, homosexuality, or hurting their own bodies or blaspheming. SO right now I'm avoiding them because I just can't do that anymore.

At first I'm lonely.

BUT I seek counsel with a baptized woman, have a best friend who desires to be closer with our Master who resides in heaven, and I made new connections with people who I can see the Holy Spirit is with them or calling for them.

I'll share an advice from my counselor.
" However if your brother continues to doubt and is becomes uninterested just remember John 6:44.."No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up on the last day." We are only the vessels, and if the people we try to bring truth to don't accept it, it could mean YHWH is protecting them from failing or it is not their time yet, but be encouraged that you are planting the seeds for His Kingdom! "
"

Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff