Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Is it Wicked to want Death Upon the Wicked?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Total Moon

Barton Citizen

14,175 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:23 am
I can't take any more of hearing and reading of all the evil that is taking over the whole Earth. I just wish all evil doers would vanish and die. I know that as Christian, we are suppose to forgive and pray for the wicked but it's just too much now. How much more praying are we suppose to do before real godly peace comes upon mankind? It makes me sick and depressed, as if there is no end to the madness and chaos of the 21st Century.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:39 pm
I feel pretty much the same about the state of the world now sad
But the reality is things have to get worse before they get better.  

Lady Vizsla

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:29 pm
It's natural to feel that way, it's better to be angry with them then to want them to die, but to come and turn around to God and forsake their ways.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:35 pm
Ephesians 6:10-18

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

____

This is the scripture that recently found me.

I have confided in a friend how I have felt about the current state of things. I agree, the state of the world is in chaos.

However, there is still beauty all around us, too. Think of all the creations around us, the flowers, the plants, and the skies. When I used to go hiking, it really helped disconnect from the current state of affairs. Most times, I was awestruck by the beauty and peacefulness of the atmosphere I was in. Now, I thank God for providing such places of serenity.

Referring back to the scripture, this "spiritual armor" is our stand against evil in the world. Even the sword is the word of God. However, we ourselves are to equip these pieces of armor ourselves.

That being said, I have only just begun to read the bible and baptized Christian as of October, last year. Hopefully someone can emphasize on the scripture I posted or provide with further information that will offer a better response.

We may not have control over the things happening in the world. However, you do have control in how you lead your life. While it may or may not impact the world on a wide-scale, there are countless lives you can touch everyday.  

olisea

Muse

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:09 pm
To answer your question: no, it's not wicked.
Even the martyred saints cry out the same:

• Revelation 6:9-10 (NIV)

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the
            souls of those who had been slain because of the word
            of God and the testimony they had maintained.

10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord,
            holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and
            avenge our blood?”

...these martyred saints will partake in the first resurrection,
totally avoiding the lake of fire (Revelation 20:4-6). The wicked do
not participate in the first resurrection; so, the martyred saints are
not acting wickedly for wishing this.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers