Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Rolling & Earning Stats for Baskets (New Option Added) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about earning stats for baskets?
I would like to see this option.
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
I think the stats system is fine without adding this.
81%
 81%  [ 31 ]
I have another idea to add to this (post in thread, please!)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 38

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:13 pm
I know I haven't been very active in the shop, so I'm not the best judge of this, but how long does it really take a basket to pop?

To my understanding for many soqs all forms are finished when the baskets are posted, so getting from a basket to foal stage is only a matter of a couple of weeks. While a basket could be dropped in the last part of the month and grown in the next, we're mainly talking about 1 months of "lost" stats. If someone is doing a contest their baskets may be baskets longer, but don't the majority of baskets drop and grow in the same month, or next month? I don't really see one month being that crucial.

I currently do have a basket rp. But in my rp it is very parent driven, and writing out 250 total words of solely the basket or one 450 word post of just the basket wouldn't be my cup of tea. I'm not sure how many people would honestly take advantage of this, and I do think clearer rules would need to be established for what a foal is within the basket if such a change were to be adopted.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm
ramenli
I know I haven't been very active in the shop, so I'm not the best judge of this, but how long does it really take a basket to pop?

To my understanding for many soqs all forms are finished when the baskets are posted, so getting from a basket to foal stage is only a matter of a couple of weeks. While a basket could be dropped in the last part of the month and grown in the next, we're mainly talking about 1 months of "lost" stats. If someone is doing a contest their baskets may be baskets longer, but don't the majority of baskets drop and grow in the same month, or next month? I don't really see one month being that crucial.

I currently do have a basket rp. But in my rp it is very parent driven, and writing out 250 total words of solely the basket or one 450 word post of just the basket wouldn't be my cup of tea. I'm not sure how many people would honestly take advantage of this, and I do think clearer rules would need to be established for what a foal is within the basket if such a change were to be adopted.

I've had baskets take from four days to four months to pop, and I know some have waited even longer. In the case of the latter, that is a lot of time to be sitting on a character and trying to figure out what they're like. Being able to RP the basket and get rewarded for it, as would have been possible were the basket any other form, would have been a good incentive to begin any number of plots between the basket and its parents or to let it begin to figure out itself.

Yes, the majority of baskets do drop and grow in the same month. It's not always certain, though, and the option to roleplay a basket and earn stats for it would be beneficial for those who would like to roleplay a basket, whether for stats or to get its plots going.

I agree that there might need to be clearer rules established when it comes to knowing what foals are, or at least an official description of what a foal in a basket can experience; as has been pointed out, the RP guidebook may be out of date on that front.

xo maho
Crew

Dainty Dreamer

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out