Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Giving Thanks Community Journal Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:16 pm
This is simply an idea I had. Everyday, we are faced with temptations, trials, and tribulations. Speaking for myself, I find myself focusing on the negatives, rather than the positive things in my life.

Ultimately, I would like to invite everyone in the Guild to join me in giving thing thanks to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and God, our Creator.

Remember, to pray the words that you write here. Spoken word through prayer is powerful.

It can be as simple as someone passing you by with a smile on their face that brightened your day.

Or as big as acing a final exam.

I will start off.

I would like to give thanks to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for the people you have sent in my life to help guide me along in my journey.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:16 pm
Thankful my health was up to par today.

Psalm 144

Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
who trains my hands for war,
my fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge

olisea

Muse

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:12 pm
I'm thankful to God that your health is in good condition today as well.
May He continue to anoint your body with healing and give you strength each day that you are blessed with. In Jesus' mighty Name, we ask these things, Amen. 3nodding

Also, I'm thankful for God reminding me that He is a friend to me through a hymn at Church today. That when friends leave/are separated, He will still be by my side to comfort me, teach me His ways, purify me, and to guide me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:20 pm
I'm thankful that God continues to speak to me through his word in such a way that it doesn't benefit me only, but whoever crosses my path that day. Today was no different. Thank you Jesus. heart

Likewise, I'm also thankful that he exposes whatever bit of carnality is still in me and those around me. emotion_sweatdrop  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:07 am
Really like reading these so far!

I'm thankful to God for giving me hope; I stumble, I fall, and am stubborn; but you always reach out to guide me back to where I am supposed to be, whether through others or through your word.

Edit: This is actually forcing me to pause and reflect... I think it will become easier with time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:50 pm
This is a great idea.

Today I'm grateful for having no morning class today, having a really interesting and enjoyable second class, and getting out of my lab after 15 minutes. Also, the food I have that others don't. The free time to be able to Skype my parents, no homework, a restful night. The beautiful weather, sunshine, and birds singing.

I'm sure there's a lot more to be grateful for but that's what I can think of for the day so far.  

Lady Vizsla

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:52 pm
Thank You, Heavenly Father, for the nourishment you provided today, physically and spiritually. For gifting us with the Spirit of Christ and the Word of Christ which helps us detect the truth from the slight half truth. I'm thankful that whenever I ask a question You answer clearly; thus, saving me from the religious confusion of the world heart Thank You for forgiving our cowardice as long as we repent from it and that You fill us with boldness to do what is right in Your eyes. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:03 pm
Thank you, my Lord and Savior, for bringing many inspirational people into my life.

The young man that suffers a daily struggle from Osteogenesis Imperfecta - yet, despite his ailments, he delivers speeches to inspire others to appreciate and find happiness from the small things and appreciate every moment of life.

The young mother of two who is a Breast Cancer Survivor. She is now going on to become a nurse and serve others who are suffering.

The young woman who was born into this world without a jaw, has had several reconstructive surgeries throughout her lifetime. Now, she is going on to become a therapist for those with similar disabilities.

Now, as I face my own battle with my health, I look back and find that all of these wonderful people were brought into my life to show me that hope and faith is still possible. You have heard and answered my prayers before I even began to think to ask, or know what I needed to see. For these inspirational souls, I pray for their healing and guidance.  

olisea

Muse

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:40 pm
I am thankful that we have a God who reveals Himself to us - who show us how great He is. Who knew me and what I was going to do with my life before I even existed (Psalm 139:16). Who doesn't react and attempts to patch things up, but already knew what to do before the foundations of the world and you just act on knowledge you already have.

You are truly God, and no one else deserves the title and the worship you do.
I understand why the elders in the revelation you gave to John threw down their crowns, no one deserves honor and praise like you do.

Galatians 4:4
But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,

You don't just put anyone of us in a random place hoping we will sort things out, but you have our life recorded in your books before we are even born. Everyone of us are known to you. I am thankful you are a jealous God, and thankful you care about me. I am thankful you were close to me, even though I was not close to you (Acts 17:27).

I've gotten a chance to talk again to someone I lead down the wrong road before I was saved. I've had several jobs. I've worked at a kindergarten, at a gas station, at a psychiatric day center and on a garbage truck. It was this last job where I discussed, or rather made an exposition of the history of the world from an esoteric viewpoint to one of my colleagues. I have been thinking about contacting him for some time, but I did not remember his last name. Last week I happened to come across it, and sent him a friend request on facebook. About two days later I went to an electronic store to my a new router since an electrical storm had taken it out, and he happened to work there and I shook his hand. When I got home I wrote him a lengthy message on facebook explaining how I had come to believe that Jesus is the truth, because I don't believe in coincidences. It has been burdening me for years what I said to him.

Let me also point out God's hand in this. If I did not talk to him about esoteric stuff years ago, I would not have felt bad, and I would not try to look him up. I would not tell him about Jesus being the messiah. The lightning storm, him working at the electronic store I visited etc is perfectly lined up. It is my wife who does the shopping in the house because she has a knack for good deals. She could have bought the router online, but this store happened to have the router cheaper than any online store. Picking it up would also be cheaper than having it sent and since it was on my way to school we decided it would be a good idea for me to pick it up on a Friday, when I am coming home for the weekend. I currently rent a tiny apartment while I am studying so I won't waste so much time traveling back and forth between school and the house we are renting in my home town. The lightning storm could have taken out something other than the router, such a TV or the microwave and I would have just ordered it online or went to a store closer to my town, and so I would not have talked to him face to face and it is possible that he would not have accepted the friend request I sent.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:38 pm
Thank you, my Lord in heaven, for the that sun was shining today, the weather has cleared up and it looks beautiful outside. It helped ease some of the joint aches I have been having lately.  

olisea

Muse

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:54 pm
Lately, I have been challenged with parts of myself where I am weakest in faith. God, I thank you for these even these experiences with others and myself. I hope to learn and grow from them to become a stronger follower.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:39 am
My Lord and Savior and Heavenly Father, I thank you for these challenges of the flesh. For even though I am in physical pain and my health is in distress, I know that there is a plan you have for me. Whether it is to someday share the words of the gospel from a hospital bed with healthcare professionals or to reach others from a place of being a healthcare provider.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

- Jeremiah 29:11  

olisea

Muse

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:15 am
Thank you God for another day. Despite the busyness of school, I am able to find time to spend with You. Please continue to mould me into Your likeness. Thank You for my brothers and sisters in Christ 3nodding And for the strength You give me each day at school.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:17 pm
Bless the Lord for opening my eyes spiritually and continues to preserve me in His Righteousness. smile  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:28 pm
Thank you, Lord, for humbling me in lessons in both patience and in love. Even though I am sometimes hesitant, resistant, and sinful, I am still trying to learn and live by your laws and word.  
The Bible

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff