Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Feeling guilty?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prayersinchairs

Girl-Crazy Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:06 pm
I just need to talk this one out. Any comments appreciated.
I've always been known as "the gay one" in the family.
A couple years ago my grandpa met a girlfriend of mine for the first time.
He was really upset and sad and angry.
My grandpa passed away today and now I'm feeling guilty for being a lesbian and not making him proud.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:46 am
It's never about YOU making others proud of you, it's their choice whether or not they want to take pride in you.

There shouldn't be any guilt for being who you are. If he couldn't accept you, that's on him.

We all leave this life with lots of regrets, but family is one of those things where you never regret having someone as your grandfather or, vise verse, having someone as your granddaughter or grandson.

I'm sure he loved you regardless, and that he was proud to call you his granddaughter. You have to realize that the generational gap is HUGE when it comes to being open minded to new ideas, especially homosexuality.

Just relish the good times you had with him and know that as much as you loved him, he probably loved you 10x as more.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

prayersinchairs

Girl-Crazy Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:10 am
Der Fluch des Pharao
It's never about YOU making others proud of you, it's their choice whether or not they want to take pride in you.

There shouldn't be any guilt for being who you are. If he couldn't accept you, that's on him.

We all leave this life with lots of regrets, but family is one of those things where you never regret having someone as your grandfather or, vise verse, having someone as your granddaughter or grandson.

I'm sure he loved you regardless, and that he was proud to call you his granddaughter. You have to realize that the generational gap is HUGE when it comes to being open minded to new ideas, especially homosexuality.

Just relish the good times you had with him and know that as much as you loved him, he probably loved you 10x as more.

That was really inspirational.
Thank you so much.
I never thought about it like that before.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:23 am
prayersinchairs

Not a problem!

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

jaitroy

Liberal Attacker

6,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:26 pm
prayersinchairs
I just need to talk this one out. Any comments appreciated.
I've always been known as "the gay one" in the family.
A couple years ago my grandpa met a girlfriend of mine for the first time.
He was really upset and sad and angry.
My grandpa passed away today and now I'm feeling guilty for being a lesbian and not making him proud.

Never feel like you should be guitly for being yourself. If people don't understand who you are, love them anyway. Those are the people who teach you a life lesson: nobody is perfect, and people are always going to remind you of that. What you do about it is up to you, but I recommend the following: let it roll of your back like raindrops, and think of the warmth of your heart light the way  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games