Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Mormons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

monochrome peach

Garbage

12,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:01 pm
A few days ago, a mormon came to my door, and my sister answered. My family is a christian one, and I know mormons are christians, but they believe in our Lord incorrectly. Is that true? Or is anyone here a mormon?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:19 pm
I was baptized and grew up Mormon when I was young, but... don't remember a lot of the teachings. Too young to remember. Besides, I had a... contrasting childhood in regard religion since my father practiced and believed SanterĂ­a/Roman Catholicism due to being from the Carribbean. So, what I may remember might over-lap one another.

My grandfather was formerly bishop of an Mormon Church. And, my mother was also a primary teacher for one of the churches.

There is the "Book of Mormon" and I do remember having my own set of scripture. From what I remember focus on the visions/revelations/teachings that a man named "Joseph Smith". Without looking it up, I think Joseph Smith is seen as a prophet by Mormons.

Around the time I was a Mormon, I also remember they do have "Presidents" in the church. At the time I was in the church, Gordon B. Hinckley was the President.

Wouldn't be able to say much more than that, as that's all I can seem to pick from my brain at the moment.  

olisea

Muse

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:37 pm
One thing I must add, however, is that I didn't like how prayer ended almost always with "I know this church is true, amen". It is just a personal thing that I remember almost everyone saying when they went up to lead the prayer, speak, or give a testimony.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:48 pm
Suggested reading: Mormonism  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:02 pm
This is an interesting read.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers