Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply West Coast & Mountain Conventions
Sakuracon 2015 ! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fire Ako

Sparkly Noob

9,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:28 pm
April 3rd-5th
(just missed my birthday by one day, darn!)

Who's all going?
What are your plans?
Excited? I am!

Check out the site for more details!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:14 pm
Im hoping to go. I need flights over still...

im planning and hoping on diablo3 demon hunter, fem!Pickles the drummer, and astrid from httyd2.

yes exciiiite!  

Pixie_Moyra

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:57 pm
Fire Ako
April 3rd-5th

Who's all going?
What are your plans?
Excited? I am!

My Birthday fell on Sakura Con this year. (April 4th) 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:47 pm
Wow... there's like so Sakura Love going around. V_V

I'm going! Thursday - Sunday! Might wear my lolita dress, not sure, still debating if I even want to take it with me. Well hopefully some other people from Gaia show up. xd

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:03 am
Fire Ako
April 3rd-5th

Who's all going?
What are your plans?
Excited? I am!

Hi Fire Ako,

For those of us that have an interest in this convention and possibly going to it please post a website for the convention if you happen to know it. Also a little bit of info about the con can go a long way to get interest in other cosplayers to want to go to it. Have fun and I hope that you meet a lot of interesting people at the con.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:38 pm
http://www.sakuracon.org/

Sakura-Con is the northwest's oldest and largest anime, manga (comics), gaming, and Asian culture convention. Hosted by the Asia Northwest Cultural Education Association, a 501(c)(3) non profit, Sakura-Con began in 1998 as a small, three-day event . a party for anime fans at the Double Tree Inn, in Tukwila Washington. The convention has grown dramatically over the years in terms of size and mission. Operated by a 100% all-volunteer staff, our main goal is for everyone to have fun and to foster learning more about the cultures that bring us our favorite media.

We started Sakura-Con because we missed the fun, multi-level anime conventions where something was always happening and you were afraid to eat lunch for fear of missing something you really wanted to see. We were tired of the professionally run conventions that herded you into a room to see a speaker for one hour, than herded you into a line for an autograph and closed in time for you to be home for supper! Some of our fondest memories were of gulping down a salad in 10 minutes so we wouldn't miss a panel we wanted to see or spending hours in the hotel bar with the cast and crew of various shows, comic books, authors, etc. We missed the friendly guests who really liked meeting their fans and having as much fun as we were having.

So we decided to start a convention. We returned to the older-style 24-hour convention with dances, karaoke, panels, anime theater rooms, great guests, and a staff that really knows and cares about the fandom because we are part of it too! You may have a hard time finding time to sleep!

Taken directly from the site. 3nodding  

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200

Death-Shini

Vicious Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:36 pm
Someone Roooomm with me~
All my other people flaked sad
( T . T)~  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:25 pm
Sorry, I've already got a full room. sad

Anyone going to be there Day 0?

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:06 am
Bermese
Wow... there's like so Sakura Love going around. V_V

I'm going! Thursday - Sunday! Might wear my lolita dress, not sure, still debating if I even want to take it with me. Well hopefully some other people from Gaia show up. xd

Thank you Bermese for the extra info on this con. I have heard of this con before. I'm sure that "Fire Ako" will appreciate your effort. I suggest that you find a way for our Guild Members to get together to meet each other. If you can pull it off please let us know how it went. Also I say go for it and wear your lolita dress. I have taken photos of young ladies wearing these dresses and I think that it helps to add magic to your con experience and for others as well. I live in Michigan so my big con is Youmacon. Have fun and post photos of your experience and of cosplayers you meet at the con. If you don't take photos yourself if you meet other members in our Guild their is a chance that one of them will have a camera. Being a Cosplay Photographer you can understand my interest.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:39 pm
My boyfriend and I are going. We are working on making Forsworn cosplays from Skyrim  

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:24 pm
Hey everyone. I'm looking for photos of my boyfriend and I in our Forsworn cosplays. We were in them all day Saturday. Here is an example:
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:00 pm
Wow it's been a long time since I've been here on gaia. >w<
I did go to Sakura Con though!
Did anyone take photos of me as Yuffie Kisiragi from FF7 on Saturday? I wore the costume all day and didn't leave the con til after cosplay Chess.

I was also Thumbelina on Sunday if you guys got photo's of that, but only like 4-5 people stopped me for photos so that seems unlikely.  

Sellesion

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:03 pm
Sellesion
Wow it's been a long time since I've been here on gaia. >w<
I did go to Sakura Con though!
Did anyone take photos of me as Yuffie Kisiragi from FF7 on Saturday? I wore the costume all day and didn't leave the con til after cosplay Chess.

I was also Thumbelina on Sunday if you guys got photo's of that, but only like 4-5 people stopped me for photos so that seems unlikely.

I saw you on Saturday but I didn't have my phone with me to take a pic.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
Hey everyone. I'm looking for photos of my boyfriend and I in our Forsworn cosplays. We were in them all day Saturday. Here is an example:
User Image

OHH I saw you guys during the rave around the "brotographer corner" your boyfriend was doing some staff swinging!! (I also saw you again on the sunday around the Pink Gorilla booth in the vendor hall)  

Pixie_Moyra

Pixie_Moyra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:52 pm
Also, I dunno if anyone saw me or took photos of me.. but I have a couple photos here...

This photo is of me and my good friend (sweatshop202) in our Diablo3 Demon Hunters, that was posted to Kotaku.
User Image

This photo was edited the same day as the shoot by The Will Box
User Image

Rule 63! Pickles the Drummer selfie before con, from Metalocalypse
User Image

if anyone wants to stay tuned to possibly more photos and future content, you can like my cosplay page on facebook Pixel Vomit Cosplay  
West Coast & Mountain Conventions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff