Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The History of the Church, Israel and the World
The Didache - First century Christianity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:12 pm
The Didache

The Didache (/ˈdɪdəkiː/; Koine Greek: Διδαχή) or The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles (Didachē means "Teaching") is a brief early Christian treatise, likely written between 50 A.D - 75 A.D. Very interesting reading. One of the things it is talking about that's a hot topic today is abortion. Compare it as always to Scripture when reading.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:26 pm
Interesting...Is there any way to know if it was truly written by the Apostles? I'm not doubting or anything, just trying to be careful. I definitely want to read this if it's authentic.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:41 pm
OtakuKat
Interesting...Is there any way to know if it was truly written by the Apostles? I'm not doubting or anything, just trying to be careful. I definitely want to read this if it's authentic.

It's not written by the apostles, but someone trying to teach other Christians how to be practical Christians, someone saying "this is in essence what the Apostles taught". It was a teaching tool in early Christianity.
It is not an inspired book on the same level as the books of the Bible, but it shows us what was Christian thought back then. If there is any disagreement between it and the Bible, the Bible is what is right. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:10 pm
Garland-Green
OtakuKat

It's not written by the apostles, but someone trying to teach other Christians how to be practical Christians, someone saying "this is in essence what the Apostles taught". It was a teaching tool in early Christianity.
It is not an inspired book on the same level as the books of the Bible, but it shows us what was Christian thought back then. If there is any disagreement between it and the Bible, the Bible is what is right. ^_^

Thanks for the clarification. I will definitely keep an eye out in libraries.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:13 am
OtakuKat
Garland-Green
OtakuKat

Thanks for the clarification. I will definitely keep an eye out in libraries.

Not a problem. smile  
The History of the Church, Israel and the World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff