Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Antisemitism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:18 am
Quote:
Jesus Christ the Son Of God was not Jewish He had a different Father to that of the Jews. His Father was Creator God but the Jews father is Satan/Lucifer the father of lies, hatred and murder. The Jews worship Satan/Lucifer.
- Quote from youtube

How would you respond to something like this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:01 am
I woud patiently walk them through the details, in a way that is easy for them to understand. And I would pray God give them the patience to listen / read it all.

I would say:

Jesus said the following: "You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews." — John 4:22 (NIV)

Clearly, there are details in the gospel of John which you have glossed over—including the very John 8 which you allude to. Jesus did not accuse ALL Jews of being children of the devil, of having the devil as their father. Those who belong to the devil fit very specific criteria (and not all Jews fit it).

The devil's children are those who:

(1) fail to act like Abraham
(2) refuse to accept Christ's message
(3) look for ways to hide / kill off the truth
(4) lie / don't adhere to what is written

• John 8:39-42 (NIV)

39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[a] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Footnotes:

John 8:39 Some early manuscripts “If you are Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then

Particularly, in John 8, pay attention to who Jesus rebuked:

• John 8:13 (NIV)

13 The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”

The Pharisees (an exception being Nicodemus, but for the most part the Pharisees) refused to accept Jesus' message. Not only that but they did not adhere to what was already written.

• Matthew 15:1-9 (NIV)

15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b] 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
        but their hearts are far from me.
        9 They worship me in vain;
        their teachings are merely human rules
        .’[c]”

Footnotes:

a. Matthew 15:4 Exodus 20:12; Deut. 5:16
        b. Matthew 15:4 Exodus 21:17; Lev. 20:9
        c. Matthew 15:9 Isaiah 29:13

• 1 John 3:4 (NIV)

4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

• Psalm 119:43 (NIV)

43 Never take your word of truth from my mouth,
        for I have put my hope in your laws.

Jesus spoke against the Pharisees, the corrupt religious leaders of the day. They taught traditional doctrines of men, instead of truthfully adhering to God's written commands. They did not adhere to the truth, but instead resorted to their own version of it (though pious and religious-sounding as it was, it was not scriptural; they no longer adhered to God's commands; thus, were lying and in sin. Trying to worship God in ways that contradict his, that appear right in our own eye's, is sinful).

Those who truly belong to Christ shouldn't fall into this Pharisaical behavior. But those who belong to the devil, do nullify God's law for the sake of their traditions and traditional interpretations (like how the Pharisees erroneously interpeted the fifth commandment, while claiming to be obeying it, when in reality they weren't obeying what was literally instructed).

What's more:

• Romans 8:7-9 (NIV)

7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

• Galatians 5:24-25 (NIV)

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

• Ezekiel 36:27 (NIV)

27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

• Romans 8:14 (NIV)

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Those who belong to Christ, thus received the Holy Spirit and have crucified the flesh, will submit to God's law—because that is the desire of God's Holy Spirit. The Pharisees don't have the Spirit of Christ, they won't submit to God's law, so they're not God's children—they are in the flesh, and "obey" out of the flesh, out of the vain notions of their mind, instead of adhering to what's written. Any Jew or Gentile who stays in the flesh is a child of the devil because, by definition, they hate God's law and won't submit to God the way God said he wants.

Again, if they were children of Abraham, they would act like Abraham:

• Genesis 26:5 (NIV)

5 because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.”

Not only that, but your allegation is wrong because it is inherently unstable:

Paul was a Jew.

John was a Jew,

Mary was a Jew.

Joseph was a Jew.

Based on your accusation (that the Jews worship Satan) you're accusing them all of being Satan worshippers. John, who's very gospel you're alluding to, was a Jew—and he clarifies who he is talking about specifically. Paul, whose writings compose most of the New Testament canon, is also a Jew from the tribe of Benjamin. They worship Christ, not the devil. And yet they are Jews—and stayed Jews.

• Acts 21:39 (NIV)

39 Paul answered, “I am a Jew, from Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no ordinary city. Please let me speak to the people.”

• Romans 11:1 (NIV)

11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin.

• Acts 21:19-26 (NIV)

19 Paul greeted them and reported in detail what God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.

20 When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow.24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law. 25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”

26 The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them.

Context: Jesus ascended up into the clouds in Acts 1. Paul scheduled animal sacrifices in Acts 21, twenty chapters later (the temple was still up, so he could do this—and all this while being under the new covenant, after Jesus' once and for all sacrifice). Paul stayed "Jewish". Yet Jesus is his (and our) messiah.

And actually, yes, if you believe what is written, then Jesus was a Jew too. Jesus born to Jewish parents (Mary and Joseph) in Bethlehem. And Jesus grew up in Nazareth (after the census, and after returning from Egypt).

• Luke 2:4-5 (NIV)

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child.

• Luke 2:11 (NIV)

11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

• Matthew 2:13-15(NIV)

13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”

14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”[a]

Footnotes:

a. Matthew 2:15 Hosea 11:1

• Matthew 21:11 (NIV)

11 The crowds answered, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”

Hating on all things "Jew", by calling all Jews "Satan worshippers", would require you to hate the bible, Jesus and his disciples—not to mention nullify what and who really is being rebuked in the gospels (false teaching that deviates from YHWH's commands—commands which we also learned from the Jews). You accuse all Jews of worshipping Satan and then try to hide the fact that Jesus was a Jew (thus you lie). What's written in God's word clearly states that Jesus is a Jew and yet you're telling me he's not. On top of that, Jesus' teachings, and his disciples' writings, were based on Israelite prophets and scrolls. Beware of adopting popular phrases you hear from pastors, sermons and so-called Christian articles. If they don't adhere to scripture, to all of its details, it is of the devil and they are wolves in sheep's clothing / false prophets. Make more of an effort to listen to the details of scripture and to read the bible first-hand in its entirety: according to Jesus, salvation is from the Jews. & Jesus is a Jew, the lion of the tribe of Judah (Jew-duh), the Root of David (Revelation 5:5).

---

If this is not merely an exercise for us to practice, tell me who posted the comment on youtube and I'll send them my reply, italicizing and bolding where necessary. Or you could reply with whatever God moves you to write after reading this. Unfortunately, people like that require a comprehensive approach. They're already religious, have listened to false doctrine, and are so entangled in said doctrine, that they've been blinded to what scripture literally says—they've stopped listening to God's word in favor of commentary/what prestigious people have to say. Sadly, they're being blinded by so-called pastors and theologians.

Quote:
2 Peter 2:1 (NIV)

2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.

The leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees is in them.

In reply to the Sadduccees,

Quote:
Matthew 22:29 (NIV)

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:06 am
real eyes realize
I woud patiently walk them through the details, in a way that is easy for them to understand. And I would pray God give them the patience to listen / read it all.

I would say:

Jesus said the following: "You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews." — John 4:22 (NIV)

Clearly, there are details in the gospel of John which you have glossed over—including the very John 8 which you allude to. Jesus did not accuse ALL Jews of being children of the devil, of having the devil as their father. Those who belong to the devil fit very specific criteria (and not all Jews fit it).

The devil's children are those who:

(1) fail to act like Abraham
(2) refuse to accept Christ's message
(3) look for ways to hide / kill off the truth
(4) lie / don't adhere to what is written

• John 8:39-42 (NIV)

39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[a] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Footnotes:

John 8:39 Some early manuscripts “If you are Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then

Particularly, in John 8, pay attention to who Jesus rebuked:

• John 8:13 (NIV)

13 The Pharisees challenged him, “Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid.”

The Pharisees (an exception being Nicodemus, but for the most part the Pharisees) refused to accept Jesus' message. Not only that but they did not adhere to what was already written.

• Matthew 15:1-9 (NIV)

15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b] 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
        but their hearts are far from me.
        9 They worship me in vain;
        their teachings are merely human rules
        .’[c]”

Footnotes:

a. Matthew 15:4 Exodus 20:12; Deut. 5:16
        b. Matthew 15:4 Exodus 21:17; Lev. 20:9
        c. Matthew 15:9 Isaiah 29:13

• 1 John 3:4 (NIV)

4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

• Psalm 119:43 (NIV)

43 Never take your word of truth from my mouth,
        for I have put my hope in your laws.

Jesus spoke against the Pharisees, the corrupt religious leaders of the day. They taught traditional doctrines of men, instead of truthfully adhering to God's written commands. They did not adhere to the truth, but instead resorted to their own version of it (though pious and religious-sounding as it was, it was not scriptural; they no longer adhered to God's commands; thus, were lying and in sin. Trying to worship God in ways that contradict his, that appear right in our own eye's, is sinful).

Those who truly belong to Christ shouldn't fall into this Pharisaical behavior. But those who belong to the devil, do nullify God's law for the sake of their traditions and traditional interpretations (like how the Pharisees erroneously interpeted the fifth commandment, while claiming to be obeying it, when in reality they weren't obeying what was literally instructed).

What's more:

• Romans 8:7-9 (NIV)

7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

• Galatians 5:24-25 (NIV)

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

• Ezekiel 36:27 (NIV)

27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

• Romans 8:14 (NIV)

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Those who belong to Christ, thus received the Holy Spirit and have crucified the flesh, will submit to God's law—because that is the desire of God's Holy Spirit. The Pharisees don't have the Spirit of Christ, they won't submit to God's law, so they're not God's children—they are in the flesh, and "obey" out of the flesh, out of the vain notions of their mind, instead of adhering to what's written. Any Jew or Gentile who stays in the flesh is a child of the devil because, by definition, they hate God's law and won't submit to God the way God said he wants.

Again, if they were children of Abraham, they would act like Abraham:

• Genesis 26:5 (NIV)

5 because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.”

Not only that, but your allegation is wrong because it is inherently unstable:

Paul was a Jew.

John was a Jew,

Mary was a Jew.

Joseph was a Jew.

Based on your accusation (that the Jews worship Satan) you're accusing them all of being Satan worshippers. John, who's very gospel you're alluding to, was a Jew—and he clarifies who he is talking about specifically. Paul, whose writings compose most of the New Testament canon, is also a Jew from the tribe of Benjamin. They worship Christ, not the devil. And yet they are Jews—and stayed Jews.

• Acts 21:39 (NIV)

39 Paul answered, “I am a Jew, from Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no ordinary city. Please let me speak to the people.”

• Romans 11:1 (NIV)

11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin.

• Acts 21:19-26 (NIV)

19 Paul greeted them and reported in detail what God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.

20 When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow.24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law. 25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”

26 The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them.

Context: Jesus ascended up into the clouds in Acts 1. Paul scheduled animal sacrifices in Acts 21, twenty chapters later (the temple was still up, so he could and all this while being under the new covenant, after Jesus' once and for all sacrifice). Paul stayed "Jewish". Yet Jesus is his (and our) messiah.

And actually, yes, if you believe what is written, then Jesus was a Jew too. Jesus born to Jewish parents (Mary and Joseph) in Bethlehem. And Jesus grew up in Nazareth (after the census, and after returning from Egypt).

• Luke 2:4-5 (NIV)

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child.

• Luke 2:11 (NIV)

11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

• Matthew 2:13-15(NIV)

13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”

14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”[a]

Footnotes:

a. Matthew 2:15 Hosea 11:1

• Matthew 21:11 (NIV)

11 The crowds answered, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”

Hating on all things "Jew", by calling all Jews "Satan worshippers", would require you to hate the bible, Jesus and his disciples—not to mention nullify what and who really is being rebuked in the gospels (false teaching that deviates from YHWH's commands—commands which we also learned from the Jews). You accuse all Jews of worshipping Satan and then try to hide the fact that Jesus was a Jew (thus you lie). What's written in God's word clearly states that Jesus is a Jew and yet you're telling me he's not. On top of that, Jesus' teachings, and his disciples' writings, were based on Israelite prophets and scrolls. Beware of adopting popular phrases you hear from pastors, sermons and so-called Christian articles. If they don't adhere to scripture, to all of its details, it is of the devil and they are wolves in sheep's clothing / false prophets. Make more of an effort to listen to the details of scripture and to read the bible first-hand in its entirety: according to Jesus, salvation is from the Jews. & Jesus is a Jew, the lion of the tribe of Judah (Jew-duh)m the Root of David (Revelation 5:5).

---

If this is not merely an exercise for us to practice, tell me who posted the comment on youtube and I'll send them my reply, italicizing and bolding where necessary. Or you could reply with whatever God moves you to write after reading this. Unfortunately, people like that require a comprehensive approach. They're already religious, have listened to false doctrine, and are so entangled in said doctrine, that they've been blinded to what scripture literally says—they've stopped listening to God's word in favor of commentary/what prestigious people have to say. Sadly, they're being blinded by so-called pastors and theologians.

Quote:
2 Peter 2:1 (NIV)

2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.

The leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees is in them.

In reply to the Sadduccees,

Quote:
Matthew 22:29 (NIV)

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

It was a comment made on my post: "So much antisemitism and hatred gathered in one place..." by someone named Joanne Bedford.

Here.

I can only view it in my gmail account for some reason...

It is not the first video she makes outlandish comments on.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:01 am
I do not agree with the opinion.
I'll wonder the person's reason. Then, I'll just reread the Scriptures to find out. I'll pray for him.
If YHWH willing, I'll do something like real eyes realize.
I've been through a situation like that, but the comment was from a dear friend. It was not exactly the same, but I can understand that she has some contempt toward the Jews. I didn't spoke out because it was not the time. I was new to this, so I was afraid to make it more confusing.  

Raixa_Phantasy

Mega Pieslinger

11,300 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:44 pm
I agree that we need to find the root/basis why is that statement being made. Hatred towards Jews should be resolved first so that she can accept the truth of Jesus. I'll pray.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:39 am
Garland-Green

It was a comment made on my post: "So much antisemitism and hatred gathered in one place..." by someone named Joanne Bedford.

Here.

I can only view it in my gmail account for some reason...

It is not the first video she makes outlandish comments on.

I don't see a Joanne Bedford. Do you mean, "Veritas Vincit Omnia"? Nvm, I see it. But her comment is, "The God of the Old Testament is Satan YAHWEH AND JEHOVAH ARE THE NAMES OF SATAN". That requires a whole 'nother reply. lol  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces