Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Astonishing 1968 Prophecy by 90-Year-Old Woman

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:59 am
Astonishing 1968 Prophecy by 90-Year-Old Woman  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:06 pm
Is she still alive?

Because, if so, she has lived to see it (not the war itself, but everything else).  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:36 am
real eyes realize
Is she still alive?

Because, if so, she has lived to see it (not the war itself, but everything else).

If he received the prophecy in 1968 it and she was 90 years old it is likely she is dead. I wish he would have given her name so this could be confirmed to be a true account and not something Minos made up. However Minos is a credible person as far as I have been able to tell.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:11 pm
Garland-Green
real eyes realize
Is she still alive?

If he received the prophecy in 1968 it and she was 90 years old it is likely she is dead. I wish he would have given her name so this could be confirmed to be a true account and not something Minos made up. However Minos is a credible person as far as I have been able to tell.

Ah, she was 90 y/o in 1968! Yeah, I read over that a little too quickly, haha. :P  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:28 pm
real eyes realize
Garland-Green
real eyes realize
Is she still alive?

Ah, she was 90 y/o in 1968! Yeah, I read over that a little too quickly, haha. :P

No worries. ^_^

A little map showing where in Norway she was from.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:26 am
User Image

A picture of the woman. Her name was Gunhilda Smelhus, here posing with a grandchild in the early seventies.

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:32 am
Here's the prophecy for those who don't like to click links;

An old woman of 90 from Valdres in Norway had a vision from God in 1968. The evangelist Emanuel Minos had meetings (services) where she lived. He had the opportunity to meet her, and she told him what she had seen. He wrote it down, but thought it to be so unintelligible that he put it in a drawer. Now, almost 50 years later, he understands he has to share the vision with others.

The woman from Valdres was a very alert, reliable, awake and credible Christian, with a good reputation among all who knew her. This is what she saw:

"I saw the time just before the coming of Jesus and the outbreak of the Third World War. I saw the events with my natural eyes. I saw the world like a kind of a globe and saw Europe, land by land. I saw Scandinavia. I saw Norway. I saw certain things that would take place just before the return of Jesus, and just before the last calamity happens, a calamity the likes of which we have never before experienced.

She mentioned four waves:

1. "First before Jesus comes and before the Third World War breaks out, there will be a 'détente' * like we have never had before. There will be peace between the super powers in the east and the west, and there will be a long peace. (Remember, that this was in 1968 when the cold war was at its highest. —E. Minos) In this period of peace there will be disarmament in many countries, also in Norway and we are not prepared when it (the war) comes. The Third World War will begin in a way no one would have anticipated—and from an unexpected place.

2. "A lukewarmness without parallel will take hold of the Christians, a falling away from true, living Christianity. Christians will not be open for penetrating preaching. They will not, like in earlier times, want to hear of sin and grace, law and gospel, repentance and restoration. There will come a substitute instead: prosperity (happiness) Christianity.

"The important thing will be to have success, to be something; to have material things, things that God never promised us in this way. Churches and prayer houses will be emptier and emptier. Instead of the preaching we have been used to for generations—like, to take your cross up and follow Jesus—entertainment, art and culture will invade the churches where there should have been gatherings for repentance and revival. This will increase markedly just before the return of Jesus.

3. "There will be a moral disintegration that old Norway has never experienced the likes of. People will live together like married without being married. (I do not believe the concept 'co-habitor'? existed in 1968. —E. Minos.) Much uncleanness before marriage, and much infidelity in marriage will become the natural (the common), and it will be justified from every angle. It will even enter Christian circles and we pet it—even sin against nature. Just before Jesus' return there will be TV programs like we have never experienced. (TV had just arrived in Norway in 1968. —E. Minos)

"TV will be filled with such horrible violence that it teaches people to murder and destroy each other, and it will be unsafe in our streets. People will copy what they see. There will not be only one 'station' on TV, it will be filled with 'stations.' (She did not know the word 'channel' which we use today. Therefore she called them stations. —E. Minos.) TV will be just like the radio where we have many 'stations,' and it will be filled with violence. People will use it for entertainment. We will see terrible scenes of murder and destruction one of the other, and this will spread in society. Sex scenes will also be shown on the screen, the most intimate things that takes place in a marriage." (I protested and said, "We have a paragraph that forbids this kind of thing." —E. Minos.) It will happen, and you will see it. All we have had before will be broken down, and the most indecent things will pass before our eyes.

4. "People from poor countries will stream to Europe. (In 1968 there was no such thing as immigration. —E. Minos.) They will also come to Scandinavia and Norway. There will be so many of them that people will begin to dislike them and become hard with them. They will be treated like the Jews before the Second World War. Then the full measure of our sins will have been reached (I protested at the issue of immigration. I did not understand it at the time. —E. Minos.)

The tears streamed from the old woman's eyes down her cheeks. "I will not see it, but you will. Then suddenly, Jesus will come and the Third World War breaks out. It will be a short war." (She saw it in the vision.)

"All that I have seen of war before is only child's play compared to this one, and it will be ended with a nuclear atom bomb. The air will be so polluted that one cannot draw one's breath. It will cover several continents, America, Japan, Australia and the wealthy nations. The water will be ruined (contaminated?). We can no longer till the soil. The result will be that only a remnant will remain. The remnant in the wealthy countries will try to flee to the poor countries, but they will be as hard on us as we were on them.

"I am so glad that I will not see it, but when the time draws near, you must take courage and tell this. I have received it from God, and nothing of it goes against what the Bible tells.

"The one who has his sin forgiven and has Jesus as Savior and Lord, is safe."

Source

In Norway we have had many more refugees coming to seek asylum than ever before. People were initially very positive about it, but have started to express more and more that they don't want the refugees here and that they see it as a threat to the state, to the culture and the welfare system. A loss of the welfare system seems to be what frightens people the most. Government documents (Ministry of foreign affairs) have been leaked to the media detailing some of the same attitudes found in those who are in government. The document claim more will be spent on welfare and that Norway will have increased number of unemployed in 2017. It also warns of more terrorism and an increase in right wing extremists because the number of refugees coming to the country. Vigilante groups (Odin's Warriors) have been formed to keep the refugees in check claiming it is to aid the police that they feel are short staffed.

* Détente is a French word meaning release from tension.

Television in Norway was introduced in 1954, but first program was shown in 1958, and officially begin on August 20, 1960. Like in Denmark, Norway had only one television channel until the 1980s. - Wikipedia  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:48 am
An article from the Norwegian Christian newspaper 'Dagen' posted today. Translated with the help of google translate.

Ancient prophecy gets new audience
Friday 04, March 2016, at. 8:08 Updated: Friday 04, March 2016, at. 11:59
By Birgit Opheim

THE VALDRES PROPHECY - These are good days for doomsday prophecies, reports Aftenposten (secular newspaper). The newspaper recounts the story of Valdres woman who in 1968 shared a vision of the future with Pentecostal preacher Emanuel Minos.

- Nothing but a fanciful story? Or a warning from God?

The opinions will obviously be extremely different even among believers, it says in A magazine article that was published last weekend.

The prophecy that Gunhild Smelhus shared with Emanuel Minos in Etnedal Valdres in 1968 is devoted large space under the title "Third World War notified from Valdres".

'Dagen' wrote recently about the prophecy in connection with Emanuel Minos' demise in 2014.

Streams to Europe
The vision begins with a map of Norway and Europe.

In the first block Smelhus mentions a long period of peace and disarmament. In the second block she describes as a period of apostasy and lukewarmness among the Christians in Norway, where entertainment and cultural activities displaces talk about sin and grace.

The third stage is about moral disintegration, and the old woman says that people will come to live together like married without being married. In addition, there would also be "sin against nature."

When she shared her vision, cohabitation was so little widespread that the term was not in use, and homosexuality was a criminal offense.

Smelhus said that the worst scenes of murder and the most intimate things that takes place in a marriage would be showed on TV.

When Minos protested, Gunhild Smelhus said that it was going to happen and that Minos himself would experience it.

The 90 year old woman saw a fourth image where people from poor countries came in streams to Europe, Scandinavia and Norway.

When 'Dagen' publicized the prophecy two years ago, the influx of refugees was not yet a reality.

- There will be so many of them, that people will dislike them and be harsh against them. They will be treated like the Jews before the war, said Smelhus to Minos.

Furthermore, said Valdres woman that she saw World War III break loose before Jesus came again. The war would be short and end with a nuclear bomb. The air would be so polluted that it would be difficult to breathe in it, and people would try to flee to the poor countries.

- Fascinating
Geir Arne Amlien, department manager of Weekend in Aftenposten (a weekend addition to the newspaper 'Aftenposten'), says the journalist was made aware of the prophecy through a commentary in 'Klassekampen' (a Norwegian daily newspaper, which styles itself as "the daily left-wing newspaper") in January.

- She thought it seemed interesting and fascinating, and began to search out information about it.

Amlien tells 'Aftenposten' got in touch with the parish priest in Etnedal that could tell who the woman behind the prophecy was.

- It struck us that many - both Christian and non-Christian - can sense that violent things are about to happen. We wanted to tell the story of that particular vision as best we could and at the same time putting it into a context where we illuminate religious prophecy from several sides, also with a critical eye.

The branch manager says that 'Aftenposten' would meet people in modern Norway today living with the expectation that doomsday is coming.

- These are communities that we rarely write about.

The article is very visible on the newspaper's website under the title: "A uncanny doomsday prophecy from Valdres has begun to circulate once more."

- Many have read the article, and we have not received negative reactions to it, says Amlien to 'Dagen'.

FULFILLED PROPHECY: Aase Minos got to experience the migration to Europe. Emanuel Minos didn't. - Had he lived a little longer, he would have gotten to experience it, she says.

Was there
Aase Minos, widow evangelist, does not know if she still has the yellowed sheet of prophecy lying among their stuff at home, but she remembers the event in Valdres.

- The lady said that there would be very many from other countries coming to us. I remember meeting with the lady, because I was the there with Emanuel, she says to 'Dagen'.

Aase Minos thinks a lot about her husband not getting to experience the fulfillment of the prophecy about the immigration to Europe and Norway.

- If he had he lived a little longer, as he had experienced it. I have seen that it has come true, and it is interesting to see this happening like it was said.

The elderly woman think it's great that newspapers are taking the prophecy like that seriously.

- However, what is most important is that we use the prophecies to try our hearts and turn them to God, she says.

END OF THE WORLD?: - I relate hesitanlyt, says a professor at the School of Theology, Terje Hegertun. He will not affirm that Valdres prophecy is telling the truth about the world's end.

Terje Hegertun, former leader of Filadelfia Church where Emanuel Minos was a member, was even interviewed by 'Aftenposten' for the article. He believes there is a general interest in prophecy, and points out that the prophecy has also circulated on social media. He believes it is the visions accuracy that makes it get column space.

- Maybe especially what it says about the influx of refugees who would reach Norway.

Hegertun find it difficult to talk about what attitude one should have to the reported nuclear bomb and the outbreak of a third world war.

- Should this be believed in minute detail, or should it be seen as a general warning where the backdrop is just as interesting as the details, he asks.

- Pending
Hegertun think the Christian church often act reserved to details in prophecies or predictions about the future.

- The church has normally registered these prophecies of the future, and so have observed the extent to which it has been fulfilled. In the Old Testament this was the great test of whether a prophet was true or false.

Hegertun specifies that as to himself, his faith is not linked to predictions of this kind, but to Jesus and the hope that God will take full control.

- I relate hesitantly. In any case I do not want to state that this prophecy says the truth about the world's end. One can interpret prophecy as a word of warning suggesting that things will escalate and get out of control. This may awaken us to commitment and to work for peace and justice in all the ways that are available to us.

Author Karin Moe, who were particularly concerned about the part of the prophecy concerning migration, ask the following in the class struggle:

"Can a plan of the future plan, which prophecies are, be changed? Einstein's relativity theory as well as the book of Jonah in the Bible says: Yes, it can. The first premise is to have knowledge about the prophecy. The second is acting on it. The third is to check the assistance (the Norwegian word here is 'bistand'. It is usually used in relation to financial aid given developing countries) account, in this case. "

Source  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:24 pm
Wow....To think that we're all alive experiencing this is mind blowing...  
Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games