Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:34 am
As the title suggests, this thread is for discussing urban legends, myths, theories, and guesses about games.

Keep in mind that anything below this first post might be considered spoilers.

You've been warned.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:44 am
I haven't gotten too far in Final Fantasy 8, but thanks to having the very end spoiled and what I have played, I have started to develop my own guess as to what is really going on in FF8.

The Squall that you see in the cut-scenes and the Squall that you play as are two different Squalls.

The one you play as is a vehicle: an android containing your consciousness that allows you to make decisions based on what is known.

The Squall in the cut-scenes is a play-back of the original Squall's memories (Yes. I do agree with the urban myth that says Squall died, but I'm not just gonna stop there).

The female protagonist you see at the beginning of the game says she's waiting for you because she wants to be able to relive her time with Squall.

This is where you come into play. You learn and live the story; she gets to live that moment again, spending more time with Squall.

The empty face you see at the end of the game was the vehicle you've been using during the entirety of the game. It's you, but it's not you. You've been in that artificial body the entire time!

You see it because your job is done and it's time to leave the Squall vessel until the next time you play the game.

When Squall died, his spirit needed a vessel until his soul was ready to pass on, so one was created for him (the same one you're in during the game).  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:32 pm
The main protagonist in Fallout 3 is brainwashed.

There is a discrepancy between what you hear in the vaults and what at least one person tells you when they see you elsewhere later in the game. One of the characters says that they saw you with your father when you were little, but that would seem impossible if you recall the events earlier in the game.

If you take a peek at one of the computers in the father's clinic, you'll see that he has been stealing water chips to purify water so that he can take the purifier to people that need clean water: the people outside, where the radiated water is.

If this is true, it's possible that the protagonist's father has been outside before. But, what about you? That supporting character says that they've seen you when you were little.

Why do you not remember? Could it be that you do remember and that is just wasn't a scene shown in the game or could it be that the memories in your head were planted there?

Think back. For each section of the protagonist's childhood, they went through a scene before cutting to the next. Between these scenes you hear whispers: whispers that provide clues to the story's lore.

Seems pretty abrupt for such an important chapter, right? Why is that?

Because it wasn't real (at least not all of it). You were brainwashed to hide something. What exactly? The reality that there is life beyond the vault (which would suggest the Overseer's antics) or was it done by Jonas to hide the fact that you were actually a witness in the deeds of your father and Jonas? Could it have been done to hide the fact that you were an outsider or was it done to give you some semblance of a normal childhood?  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games