Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Brigade- A Time Traveling RP [Accepting Profiles]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dandelion Graves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:21 pm
On a plane unknown to us here on earth, there is a race of beings called the Aetas.

They are what we would consider angels. No, not the kind on television and in movies with the pretty faces, giant wings, and blonde hair. These are honest-to-goodness creatures of light that could probably kill you if you look at them directly.

The Aetas are vital to our existence, believe it or not. They have the ability to control time, contorting it to their will and ensuring that the human race survives any stupid war or calamity they get themselves into. However, the Aetas are beginning to die out.

There are these things called the Lacuna.

The Lacuna are Aetas that have become corrupted, wreaking havoc on time and space by killing off the Aetas and devouring their essence to absorb their power. It is unknown how the Lacuna became corrupted, but what is certain is that they will stop at nothing to completely destroy not only the Aetas, but our world along with them.

War is coming, and knowing this, the Aetas decided to refill their quickly dwindling ranks by binding the souls of humans to that of their own essence, creating Timewalkers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:26 pm
How does one become a Timewalker, you ask?

Well, you kind of die. Technically, you have a near-death experience. The Aetas, disguised as people, come to you and ask you about your regrets in life, your family, what you’ve treasured most. Don’t be too alarmed by this. They only want to make sure they can use you. The Aetas live on the spiritual plane, and therefore can really only meet you halfway to talk to you. So, you have to die a little. That’s all.

You most likely wake up in the hospital afterwards, and you may feel just a little bit strange. After all, who wouldn’t feel at least slightly creeped out finding a stone in their wrist? Oh, no, don’t worry. It’s not too big. Just a pebble really. Well, a diamond, but a tiny diamond. No bigger than a nose stud, actually.

Walking On the Wild Side

Timewalkers can walk between the planes with the stones in their wrists given to them by the Aetas. The only time the stone is removed from the wrist is when a Timewalker is dishonored and therefore put to death, or if the Walker becomes a deserter and digs it out themselves to live lives off of the Aetas’ grid. A Renegade Walker will do this if they can find other means to do as they please. They tend to become terrorists and wreak havoc on time itself, living on the side of the Lacuna.

A Timewalker’s skill-set is fixed.
They can only do so much, really, but lucky for you, that’s far more than you could ever do as a human, anyway.

1. Time Portals: You can open them, but closing is the tricky part. If you aren’t careful, it will become a black hole and kill everything within its proximity. DO NOT ATTEMPT if you are a novice Walker. It takes centuries to perfect closing a portal. ALWAYS let your commander do that job. Don’t play hero. They are commanders for a reason.
2. Stopping Time: Easiest trick in the book, and the most fun by far. Pretty self explanatory, but if you use it too much, you’ll give yourself a major headache and probably need to sit it out for a few days. Most novices learn that the hard way.
3. Paradoxes and Anomalies: This is your job, technically. As a Timewalker, you are not only a foot soldier in the war against the Lacuna, but on the human side of things, your main goal is to keep Renegades sent by the Lacuna from messing up the timelines of earth’s major events. Sometimes that means making the tough decisions like keeping Hitler from going to art school or allowing Kennedy to die. You need to keep the bigger picture in mind, no matter how tempting it is to see the opposite result, or how much it hurts to watch someone suffer for the sake of one fixed point in time.
4. Communicating With Other Timewalkers: Remember that little diamond stud in your wrist? Yeah, that’s not just for you to wield your new Astral powers with. Get this: you can literally talk to any other Walker you wish to, just by thinking about them, through that stone! Incredible, right? Downside is, anyone can hear you, if they wanted to, too. When you’re stalking a Renegade, look out. Your team might not be the only ones listening in.
5. The Lacuna and Their Pet Renegades: The Lacuna are made out of dark matter, but still just as much of a bad idea to look at as the Aetas. They feed off of the Aetas’ lifeforce, which -you’ve guessed it- resides partly in your little diamond. So, guess what, you’re kind of in deep trouble if you come across one. It will eat you without a second thought. Renegades, on the other hand, are Walkers who have been promised survival if they help the Lacuna to defeat the Aetas and destroy earth. These guys at their least are cowards and at their most, crazy. They will stop at nothing to keep you from running the timestream smoothly in order to keep their energy-hungry bosses happy. After all, if you can’t beat them, kill for them, right? ...Just do your best not to get eaten, alright?

Dandelion Graves

Dandelion Graves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:41 pm
Rules and Profile Template

Rules

1. Do not post until I open
2. Must be literate. At least two paragraphs per post. You don't have to go crazy, but I really don't want to see a one sentence reply of dialogue. We're telling a story, here. It's not a chat room.
3. Title your pm with "Chosen" for a Timewalker profile and "Fallen" for a Renegade profile.
4. You guys will be put into random teams that I will assign when all of the profiles are in. I will be accepting twelve total for each side. That means you get three groups of four for both the Timewalkers and the Renegades.

Some Renegades can go it solo if they like, but you must ask me first, and keep in contact with those chosen to play the Lacuna. You guys are just as much a part of an organization as the Timewalkers are. You still have bosses who will need to hear back from you and expect you to play on a team. Lone wolves are bad for business unless a mission calls for it.

5. There will be a separate slot for the Lacuna and Aetas leaders. There will be three for each. To be honest, you might not play much, so you can double up as two characters. To apply as an Aetas or Lacuna, you don't have to fill out a profile for them, but message me with "Council" in your pm title and tell me why you'd be suitable as an all-powerful Astral creature from another plane.

[center]URL PICTURE[/center]

[color=white]______________________-[/color][size=17]→[/size][color=COLOR1][size=15] [u]N[/u][/size][u][size=11]eed to Knows[/u][/size][/color] [size=17]← [/size]

[size=10][b]What they call me[/b] [color=COLOR2] FULL NAME[/color]
[b]But I prefer[/b] [color=COLOR2]NICKNAME[/color]
[b]Do I really have to answer?[/b] [color=COLOR2]AGE[/color]
[b]Wow, rude.[/b] [color=postingcolor][GENDER][/color]
[b]Even ruder.[/b] [color=COLOR2]SEXUAL ORIENTATION[/color]
[b]These tickle my fancy:[/b] [color=COLOR2] 3 LIKE MIN[/color]
[b]But, these not so much:[/b] [color=COLOR2] 3 DISLIKES MIN[/color]
[b]I'm sort of important[/b] [color=COLOR2]Walker/Lacuna rank[/color]

[align=right]→[/size][color=grey][size=15] [u]I[/u][/size][u] [size=11]guess you'll need this stuff, too[/u][/size] [/color] [size=17]← [/size] [color=white]______________________-[/color]

[size=10][b]Walk a mile in my shoes, and you might find that I’m[/b] [color=COLOR2]PERSONALITY (Paragraph minimum)[/color]
[b]Once upon a time,[/b]. [color=COLOR2]BIO, 4 SENTANCES MIN[/color]
[b]Am I free to go, or do I need a lawyer?[/b]. [color=COLOR2]OTHER/ extra[/color]
[/size] [/align]

[b][size=17]→[/size] [size=13]USERNAME[/size] [size=17]← [/size][/b]

Time Walker Slots
4.Scarlet Conners- Rook

Renegade Slots

Aetas Slots

Lacuna Slots

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:54 pm
Ranks and Job Descriptions

It goes without saying that The highest on the food chain would be your respective council members. However, for the Walkers and Renegades, there is a certain hierarchy that must be addressed.

1. Commander- The leader of the team. They are usually Walkers who have been around the longest. They are veterans of war, knowing how to fight and how to survive. They know how to close a Time portal correctly and are usually the last to enter one, in order to be sure that it closes and does not devolve into a black hole.

2. Lieutenant- The Commander's right-hand. Usually the first to enter a portal in order to have the Commander's back while they close a portal. They are also most likely war vets and know how to work their way around a mission.

3. Beta- Has been around. Not usually very high-ranking in skill, but knows enough to not mess up. A buffer to help teach the newbloods that need to be trained.

4- Rook/Novice- Freshly adorned with a Walker stone, these poor saps have no idea what they're doing. But, don't worry. They'll get the hang of Timewalking eventually

Dandelion Graves

Dandelion Graves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:37 pm
Profiles

---Timewalkers---

______________________- Need to Knows

What they call me Scarlet Joanne Conners
But I prefer Scarlet. Just 'Scarlet' is fine.
Do I really have to answer? 26
Wow, rude. female
Even ruder. heterosexual
These tickle my fancy: sunshine, solitude, long walks
But, these not so much: the rain, pork, and being constantly referenced to "Gone With the Wind."
I'm sort of important Rook

I guess you'll need this stuff, too ______________________-

Walk a mile in my shoes, and you might find that I’m Laid back, or at least I like to think so. Or, I liked to think so. Now, I'm just kind of...uncaring for anything. I almost wish that I died in that crash.
Once upon a time,. We had just found out that I was pregnant, Malcolm and me. We were running little late after consulting the doctor. I was on the phone with my mother, telling her the news. We were T-boned by some kid who ran the stop sign.
Both the other driver and my husband were killed instantly. I, on the other hand, was confronted by the Aetas. Of course, I didn't know that they were anything but normal paramedics at the time. They asked me these strange questions. Did I know where I was, did I want to live, it was all such a blur. I just remember waking up in the hospital.
My wrist was broken, but both I and my baby were otherwise okay. At least, that's what I thought...

Am I free to go, or do I need a lawyer?. I literally have no idea what I'm doing. I just want to lie down.
By the way, yes, I'm pregnant. Only a few months along, but yes. Pregnant.

Dandelion Graves

---Renegades---  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces