Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Mission Archive
Raimu's Master Missions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Not a Noise

Friendly Puppy

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:35 am
MMs will not be separated: This post will serve as a table of Contents of sorts, mainly for organization's sake.

+MM I
+MM II
+MM III  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:41 am
Electric Master Mission Stage 1

Chase the Thunder

That voice, the same one you heard when you came to in this brave new world, it still speaks to you. For a long time now, as you got used to this world and your new body, it was nothing more than a whisper. Lately however it has a roaring thunder in the back of your mind. Each day the voice gets more clear as it echoes past the thunderclap. “Come to me” it says at first. You have no idea what this means and for days that is all you can make out. Eventually you understand more. “I am the thunder” it goes on. You eventually go to Sub about this and after explaining all in detail he directs you to the library and suggests you read a book called, “The Forces of Nature”.

Thundurs, that is the only logical explanation. Whatever is calling to you it wants you to find Thundurus. You're not sure why but it sounds like the only logical explanation. According to legend there is a way to find Thundurus, however tasking. Apparently every time it thunders that is the sound of Thundurus moving. The legend states that Thundurus's movement actually follows a pattern if you pay close attention the the thunder. However to follow Thundurus is dangerous as many wild Electric type Pokemon also follow him in hopes of absorbing the lightning from his storms. The legend also goes onto say that Thundurus will speak to anyone who can catch up to him, as the boy did in the story you read. However the story also speaks of Thundurus frying those who anger him, which is not hard to do. Man this sounds like a headache.

-Objective:
---Go to Unova and track down Thundurus.
---Get Thundurus to answer any questions you have for him, that might not be easy.

-Opposition:
---Any wild Pokemon through out the various routes of Unova, especially Electric types chasing the storm.
---Thundurus, if you anger him. It is very likely he may attack when you catch up, he is not known to be calm. Prove yourself to him.

-Pokemon:
---You may catch any wild Pokemon available at your rank.

-Rewards:
---10x Snag Coins
---One new move, learned through your experience.
---The ability to take on the next Master Mission.

~

Another nightmare. Another moment where she is caught in the middle of terror, of that car coming at her, of waking up in an unfamiliar place…Rhyme jolts upright, uprooting the Dedenne on her chest, though she catches the Pokemon before it falls to the floor. The clock reads 1:34 am, and the rumble of thunder is loud outside her little hole in the HQ, even with its location in the mountain. She cradles Miwa to her chest and climbs out of bed, deciding that she’s too restless to go back to sleep, and listens to the sound of the weather outside. Why was it that she could hear the roar of the thunder within the stone. Why was it so loud? What was the rumbling--

I am the thunder. Come to me.

“…” Rhyme doesn’t know what to make of the words inside her head. First they had been whispers, brushed aside as just outside thoughts, but now the voice in the thunder was louder, like the static noise in a radio, like the white noise that would come from a TV. And she decides that enough is enough, and goes to get dressed and figure out what exactly is going on. The words reverberate twice more in her head as she throws on her backpack, picks out her team, rubs her eyes and makes sure she’s got everything she needs.

~

Its 2 am by the time she’s heading downstairs, Sitrus berry in hand and nibbled on for preservation purposes. She hears noise, conversation and books falling, and goes to investigate. Sub is sitting in a pile of books up to his lap, looking very much distressed. However, the shadowy and mysterious leader of the team perks up when he spots her.

“Hey, Rhyme! Why you up so late? Boogey-Gengar get to you?” He jokes, though the look on her face hushes him fast. He lets her aid him picking up the books, sorting them by their titles as the library system tends to end up that way versus the Decimal system, and then asks in a quieter and more leader-esque tone, “No, really…you okay?”

Rhyme’s not quick to relay the dreams to Sub, so he lets her sit with him on the floor as she talks out her thoughts. She ends up explaining the fuzziness about the world cross, and he nods realizing it must have been confusing for her. She details what happened to get her to Snagem in the first place, and he is silent, observing her.

When, however, he gets to hear the part about the voices and what they say a bit of an understanding look crosses his face. “Seems you’ve been tossed about a bit since you’ve come to our world, huh?” He says, then helps her up and brings her over to the computer. “Hey GRAY, remember that book I was talking about the other week?”

“The nature one, Sub?”

“Yea…that one. Can you guide Rhyme to it? I’ve got to work with Reno on a project, make sure he doesn’t blow up the lab for whatever time this would make.”

“Of course.”

“Good.” Sub flashes the Hybrid a smile before hurrying off, leaving Rhyme to deal with the computer program she’s come to rely on as a good source of information.

GRAY’s voice comes from her SNAG, guiding her to a fairly decent-sized book with the title The Forces of Nature. She sits down in the room she finds the book in, resting her head against the metal, and begins reading. A small camera with a scope peers over her shoulder; the computer is also curious and is reading alongside her.

She reads of a boy who gets lost and almost drowns, but wakes up in a magical land where he chases and ends up meeting a creature known as Thundurus. The longer she reads about this tale, the more invested she is in seeking out this mighty Pokemon, as the parallels become too similar for her to take off as coincidence. The only problem that she could see is finding the mighty Pokemon. GRAY seems to detect her concern, as she absentmindedly sparks while reading. He thus suggests to her the most recent location, and with her map updated (his sincerest apologies as her SNAG didn’t seem to have the right hardware) she was off on Aria, following the directions he provided.

~

With a few left turns and run-in, twice, with a Braviary that just wouldn’t leave her be and pursued the pair through a cloud chase that she swore knocked a couple of duck-like pokemon off-course, Rhyme was finally flying over the skies of Unova with Aria carrying her through the air. Nestled within the fluff of her Pokemon she took the time to look around her at the beauty that the region was. It was nothing like Snagem’s region and home, but Unova was a realm of beauty and she was perfectly happy with the peace it brought…alongside that rumbling noise.

Bingo. Rhyme thought to herself, petting the Altaria’s neck as they hurried onwards towards the drawbridge between Nimbasa and Driftveil, the stormclouds above promising. She was careful to mind the Lanturn that were attempting to beach to seek audience, the various other electric-type pokemon were gathering beneath the clouds, the air teeming with their cries.

On a whim, she recalled her Altaria and pulled out her Dedenne, who loyally stayed by her side and listened to the thrumming within her veins. Out of the clouds, suddenly, a few bolts of lightning appeared and struck some of the pokemon, knocking them out and sending others scattering. She backed up a few paces, listened and watched the cloud move. As if all one mind, Miwa chittered to her and while she didn’t quite understand, she bolted, ending up leading the pack and chasing the raincloud through the city of Driftveil, and onto Route Six, the townsfolk surprised and shocked as it looked as if she were leading the lightning pokemon into the storm.

“Thundurus!” She cried out finally, stopping and panting as the cloud stopped and the God of Thunder finally appeared before her, nestled in the flashing clouds and rumbling thunder.

You are…a hybrid.

His mouth didn’t move but she could hear him clear as crystal in her mind. “I am a hybrid, though not of my own free will.” She admitted, and the God floated closer for a look.

Both worlds are at war within you. You embrace the side of the world of man more than the side of the natural world, when the last is stronger in you than the first.

Confused, she was by that, but she shook her head anyway and looked up into his cold, irritated expression. The Lightning pokemon did not want to be bothered in his travels, and here was a…creature, both pokemon and human, seeking him out. But she had no choice. “I want…I want to ask you about some things, Thundurus. Please, hear me out.”

Dare you address me in such a way? Prove that I should listen to your tiny….self. Show me that I should invest in your request.

Rhyme saw the attack coming, heard the crackling of thunder as Thundurus roared and struck with a Thunderbolt. She could feel the electricity jump across her skin, crackle around the bell, and she smelt singed fur and hair but….but it was as if this electricity was different. It felt like the time she was blasted by the Zapdos so long ago; it made her head spin, her Dedenne falling off her onto her feet as she felt the energy build and let it explode back in a short burst, a Spark. Cheeks sparking, she panted and let eyes look up towards him, bright and blue and confused…but his face seemed to soften a little, and was that a hint of a smile on his lips?

You passed. Good. I was hoping for some company that was capable of such things. I’ve heard tales of you, Consumer of the Thunder Bird’s Spark. For that is the move you have taken upon yourself to learn, the first step in your quest. Speak, and I will answer.

Oh. Well….that made a lot of sense then. Taking in a shaky breath, shifting on her feet, she began to relay a shorter version of the story, her story, and ended it with, “I’m…not sure why I’m here…and what I have to do. I’ve heard your voice in my ear for days, weeks…what am I to do?”

When you find true peace within yourself, when you embrace yourself as you are here and now as much as you embraced the you in your old world, you will earn that opportunity to go home.

“What do you mean?”

You are still uneasy about the side of you that is not human. You are not in tune with your Chi, with yourself. Become in tune, and maybe then will you have the power to go home.

“….Oh…and you…will help me, right?”

To guide as needed, but this journey is all your own.

“I see. Why…did you bring me here, then?”

To give you a second chance.

“…”

The Pachirisu hybrid nods quietly to herself, turns and finds herself face to face with a Shinx. Its intimidating stare makes her back up a little, but the thunder rumbles and crashes around them, and Thundurus’ voice is again in her head.

Come now, tiny pink one. Show me your Spark, and gain a guide for your travels.

Electricity crackled against her cheeks, and she focused on the Shinx, watching, waiting, glowing…It ducked down and she let loose the Spark, paralyzing the blue feline-like creature, and she could feel the approving stare as she let loose once more, just to weaken it enough.

SNAG charged up, she lets a Pokeball fly and encase the Shinx in light.

One rock…two….three…click.

Well done. Now leave before I fricassee you into Castelia fried Pachirisu. We will meet again.

Rhyme walks one way, her feet heavy as the adrenaline leaves her system with the electricity into the ground with every step. She picks up the Pokeball and gives herself a weary smile of victory. The Altaria blinks in confusion after being called out, staring after the mob before worriedly chirping as Rhyme climbs onto his back. “Home, Aria…home.” She manages to say, lids closing as she curls up on the pokemon’s back. She can have a rest on the way back to HQ—just a little nap, letting the sound of the wind and the dying thunderclaps lull her to dark.

I am the Thunder. Now we must begin.  

Not a Noise

Friendly Puppy

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Market Browser 100

Not a Noise

Friendly Puppy

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:50 pm
Electric Master Mission Stage 2

Where Lightning Strikes

Thundurus, the personification of lightning and thunder himself as presented you with the only way of returning home, to find balance within yourself. Such a concept is rather vague but Thundurus has agreed to guide you in the very least. In some ways you and Thundurus are a lot of like, both a coin with two sides. On one side of the coin you have the more intelligent and civilized human(like) side. On the other you have the primal animal that yearns to be free of all ideas of order. Your human side, the world you used to only know, is the most familiar to you so you must learn to embrace the other side of your coin. The Pokemon, the animal, your very own Therian Forme.

Find Thundurus again, I'm sure you have gotten better at finding him. Once you do find Thundurus he will give you your next task in finding balance. This next task will involve you going to Chargestone Cave without any supplies and only one of your Electric type Pokemon. You are to stay in Chargestone Cave for five days, surviving on nothing but what you can find in the cave. You will need to find water to drink and some type of food to eat. The cave has plenty of mushrooms growing in damp areas and Electric Gem to give you a jolt to hold yourself over. In some parts of the cave there is even Wacan Berries that grow under the light of the large Electric Gems. You will also have to survive against wild Pokemon that will surely compete against you for survival as I'm sure they have made certain areas where food and water is located as their territory.

The lesson to be learned here is to get in touch with your primal side, the inner animal. Prove to Thundurus that you aren't a spoiled and pampered human, that you can brave the natural world. Show Thundurus your own Therian Forme as you exit the cave on the other side.

-Objective:
---Survive inside of Chargestone Cave for five days and four nights without any supplies and just one Electric type Pokemon (can't be part Water)
---You'll need to find food, water, and a source of warmth (as it gets very cold) while you're in there.

-Opposition:
---Wild Pokemon in Chargestone Cave.
---Rumor has it that a rather large Elektross dwells in the lower levels of the cave and claims ownership over the largest Electric Gems, that's why people dare not touch the bigger ones out of fear of being attacked by this monstrous Elekstross. Try your best to stay out of its way while there.

-Pokemon:
---You befriend and then catch (once you get back home) one Electric or Steel type Pokemon.

-Rewards:
---10x Snag Coins
---Another Pokemon move for yourself.
---Varies from there.

It’s been a while since she’s heard the cry of the Thunder that had sent her upon her adventure in the first place. She’s nestled in bed with her smaller Pokemon, eyes locked on the ceiling when the rumble resounds in her mind.

Find me once more, Keeper. We must begin.

Rhyme blinked, tilting her head and humming quietly. Alterna chirps, and looks over to her curiously. “Yes…I heard, dear. I know…” Rhyme answers, ruffling the little ones’ fur. “I know it is late…but let us see about chasing him again, okay?” The Shinx nodded and barked happily, jumping off the bed as the Hybrid slipped out from the covers, not even mind that she’s still in her nightclothes. Her Pokemon are settled into her bag and off she goes with Alterna by her side, slipping out of the base and listening quietly.

Find me where the Call comes, to the Cave of Sparks. Come, find me.

Before, she was lost, searching on her Altaria for the signs. Since the Legendary Pokemon had shocked her, it was almost like the back of her mind was pulling her forwards, and off she went through the brush, a small grin as she ended up once again having to have her pokemon bring her up and over the mountain, past the region and following the rumble of the clouds.

But from there, upon landing in Mistralion, the rumble isn’t felt around her; No, Rhyme feels it tug inside her, telling her she needs to move on foot, without the feeling of flight. “Lets go, Alterna.” She says, recalling Aria and shoving the ball into her bag, flipping on her heels and heading out of town with the Shinx by her side.

From there, it was easy to follow the pull like the gem she had discovered in the Tyranitar’s cave, as well as the other Pokemon, the electric types, following the dark skies until she reached the entry of a cave, and there was Thundurus, floating in…a different form. He seemed more feral, more…wild. Part of her called out like the waves to the moon, and the Pachirisu hybrid slowly approaches with Alterna by her leg until both are within distance to the Pokemon crossing his arms.

Welcome back, little one. I see you have brought your friends with you.

There’s a small nod, and she smiles slightly. “I have. You asked me to come, and I have. It was much easier to find you this time, I will admit.”

She jumps a bit at the booming laugh that sends cracks of thunderclaps racing across the clouds along with their fellow lightning bolts lighting up the scene.

You have begun what we spoke of before; of uniting your human and your Pokemon sides. That is what this task will be; to help you understand the nature of the beast that lives inside you.

The other pokemon seem to scatter at this point, and she watches the air haze from lightning before noticing that the Legendary is back to his normal form.

Your items will be safe. Take off all the things that connect you as a human, and come with me.

This lends her pause; she has to…do what?! “W-wait, that means…!”

You will take off all that makes you human. One Pokemon, you will take. Your Shinx will be your guide through this as they have been before. Five days, four nights, you will travel through the cave to connect with your inner self. Once that time is over, you will be met on the other side with your things.

Rhyme takes this all in solemnly, biting her lip in quiet thought. She doesn’t want to test his temper, though, and thus she begins to do so. Bag, beanie, and… “Those too?” she thinks, and soon all but the bell about her neck are left hidden so nobody messes with them.

You keep the bell. Thundurus notes with slight amusement, and her fingers curl around it quietly.

“I wish not to part with it, Thundurus. Everything else…I will. Not this.”

…As you wish. Are you ready? This will be dangerous—you can bring nothing with you but your Pokemon, you will have to survive with your wits. Do not let me down.

Is she…ready? Can she actually do this? Rhyme nods briefly, shivering and hugging herself. “I…am ready, Thundurus.”

Your items will be safe, I promise. Go now, little one. Good luck.

With a small shake of her head, she takes in a deep breath, lets it out, then looks down to Alterna. “Let’s begin, then.”

The cold air causes her to shiver as she enters, looking down at her pokemon. Two mouths to feed eventually, places to search, to explore…and to connect. “It’s still late…let us find a place to rest, and we’ll continue on in the morning.” She says, looking around her before spotting a little outcrop. She makes her way over to it, pushing a few rocks around before it becomes obvious it is going to be a little nest in the dirt. They’re not quite close enough to the cave entry but she can see that it is darkening, the rainstorm clearing up as Thundurus makes his move.

“We’ll…make do with what we have, Alterna. Come here.” She coos, and the Shinx plods over to press into her, dropping down and curling up. He places his muzzle against her chest, her tail around both of them as best as she can do as sleep seems to quickly overtake them both.

In the morning—or what she feels is morning, given they’re still a little close to that cave entry—Rhyme sits up slowly and stretches, breathing in and out as her arms lift up and she stretches out the ache in her shoulder blades. It takes her a few minutes to soothe the ache in her neck, tilting one way and then the other to adjust to the stiffness she feels.

“We can do this, Alterna. Let’s…really go in.” She says quietly, ruffling the Shinx’s fur before climbing to her feet and looking around her. Tail swishes left and right, she leaving their little sleeping grounds before continuing on carefully. What had he really meant, for her to attune to her type? She would think that Squirrel types like her didn’t live in caves but the thrum was all around her and she somewhat understood. To last here for a couple days and nights…It was definitely a daunting task, but she was almost positive that she could do it. At least, she was hoping so.

Her stomach grumbled, and she realized that she was wasting time contemplating when she could be exploring. She could sense eyes on her as she walked, tripping over her own feet as the light behind them faded into the background. Her vision was dim, shadows swimming around and more than once she’d trip on some rocks, the most recent time landing her with skinned knees. Hissing quietly, she got up and dusted the dirt out of them; normally she’d have cleaned them with water but that seemed a little hard to find here. At least her eyes were starting to adjust now, and her Shinx made it back to her side, nuzzling her legs before licking at her knees.

“H-hey, don’t do that.” She says but he’s already finished with his job within the couple of minutes he was doing it and just rests the side of his face against her leg. “Okay…Okay…” She answered, smiling slightly as the pain had dulled due to the help. “Food, then water, and a place to stay for now, right?” Rhyme spoke, and Alterna nodded, wanting his share of breakfast. It felt strange, walking through for some more time, as a draft went through bare fur—

Drafts meant wind, which meant openings, right?

She found the first case of that in a small little patch of light where a single tree carried berries that immediately made her stomach growl. Breakfast (Or lunch, because who knew what time it was!) was there, and it seemed ripe for taking. However, as Alterna scampered forwards to try and knock the berries down, she encountered her first opposition; Joltik. The spiderlike pokemon did not seem to be happy with the Shinx encroaching on its territory, and she heard Alterna cry out as it was blasted to the side, stuck under sticky spider web.

“Leave him alone!” Rhyme cried, stepping into the ring of light and just barely dodging the attack aimed for her. The Joltik chittered angrily, and Rhyme shook her head, realizing that reasoning might not work. It was upset, and she didn’t know its language. But it seemed to be...challenging her. Testing her. Slowly, from two feet, she dropped down to four, back curved and tail up. Somehow, the position felt different. She’s pulled this pose before, climbing up and down and over rooftops. But here…it feels more natural. Different. Threatening.

Usually, nobody took Rhyme seriously. She was quiet, but bright, able to sneak around as she wished while giving occasional wise advice. But here, the Joltik was sizing her up, and she was sizing it up. Tiny, but dangerous, oh no—she wasn’t going to handle it trying to hurt with her Partner Pokemon. Her mind clouded as the Joltik threatening beginning to spark, her cheeks sparking as well.

It began a weaving dance of Spark attacks and dodges while her Pokemon recovered. Alterna finally managed to right his bearings and with a swift Bite caught the Joltik, the pokemon flinching before a well-aimed Spark took it down for now.

Rhyme quickly scrambled to the tree, shaking off a couple of berries to take with her. Shinx by then was better and able to move with her as they escaped further into the cave, leaving the Joltik far behind. Eventually Rhyme dropped down beside a rock, panting quietly and holding her prize to her. She got enough to share with her Pokemon, and they took a few minutes to recover while partaking of the berries. The berries were delicious, helping her and Alterna regain energy lost in the battle. The Shinx climbed into her lap, she wrapping her tail around the Pokemon and tugged him close to her chest. “Alterna…That was a close one. Going…to have to do more of that, I think.” He nuzzled her cheek, and she nuzzled him back, climbing back to her feet after putting him down.

While walking on the fading of the first day and entering the first night, Rhyme realized something; in this form, bipedal wasn’t…fast. It was slower, it made her more obvious, and it definitely didn’t help trying to get around different pokemon like Woobat and the Joltik from before. Testing her theory, she stopped and Alterna eyed her carefully as she settled back down onto four feet. The Shinx makes her smile as he trots over and nuzzles her cheek again, approving of her decision to change. Tail swishing, she pads around the small space, getting used to being more quadrupedal. “I may get used to this, Alterna…” She answers, rolling her neck and scooping up another berry to nom before heading further into the cave.

She started hearing chitterings a few more yards in, like a mob of Pokemon coming their way, and her mind sent her scattering, Alterna following her quickly into a warm little alcove. Pressed flat, she watches the Woobat, the Joltik, the Dedenne flee in the opposite direction, far from where they had been. The temperature is dropping, she thinks, breath finally noticed on the air. But the alcove is warm, wind-proof, and she prays for little incident tonight while curling up with the Shinx once more, watching the little bits of flashing lights as her eyelids close and she settles into what she had hoped would be a good sleep.

That would not be the case, as her dreams are disturbed by an urgency that cannot be ignored. The whole cavern seems to shake and rumble, though it is nothing like the calming thunder of the Legendary. No, this was motion and movement of something much larger than what she knew. There was a hole nearby the outcropping and Rhyme crept on her belly to view the large, leathery shape slithering on below.

That…was a giant Pokemon. One she definitely would not want to interfere with. She also realized her mouth was parched; she’d need to find water, and relatively soon. “Come.” She found it oddly difficult to speak even that, and her Shinx tilted his head as his trainer whined and rubbed her eyes, feeling the two sides enter war with each other briefly. Flicking her head back, she began the search, though it would end two hours later, deeper in the cave and totally lost.

Defeated for the moment, she’d fall onto her back and stare up at the dark ceiling, closing her eyes tight to bite back the tears. She was not even halfway through…she couldn’t give up, not now. But her nose wasn’t sensitive enough as a human to track water. What made her think she could do it now?

I have…to trust myself. He told me...I need to balance both sides. Perhaps I’m thinking too human. Perhaps I’m thinking too much like home. This is a different place, Rhyme. I have to do this properly. I have…to think like a Pachirisu. I have to focus.

Eyes still closed become relaxed, breathing soon evening out. And then….only then, she can sense it; in her mind’s eye, it summons the faint scent of water. There! Rhyme rolls onto her back and hurries in the direction she caught, Alterna following quickly behind.

The farther they go in the easier things get and the stronger the scent becomes. There’s a stream, a small but deep one, bubbling down the rocks. The sky is alight with pokemon, all taking their turns to get some of the sweet water. Perhaps, Rhyme thinks, the water will lead her somewhere. Out of the cave? She has to survive that long anyway—best to know this place inside and out, and follow the water as long as she can.

The water tastes beautiful upon her tongue; mineral-saturated and cold, but sweet. She and Alterna drink their fill, and Rhyme takes in her surroundings once more. It would be useful to note, in case she did need to return to this place, into this area, for any future missions that either this journey or whatever she’d need to do with her fellow Snagems would require.

There seems to be a system at work, of how the Pokemon survive. Most view her with what she feels is apprehension, nervousness. She is not like them, nothing at all like the rest of them, and she feels as though, somehow, she has to command their respect. From out of the fluff of the Woobat and Joltik and Zubat and other electric pokemon emerges a Jolteon, ‘spikes’ flared and fur charged. Its angry that she’s become a disturbance to their quiet ecosystem, taking her fill without needing to be there. Rhymes body reacts in a manner meant to be disarming, lowering herself to her hands and knees, showing she means no harm. Her bell on her neck jingles and catches the Pokemons attention before it looks back at her, searching her face. She fears another battle but it seems to scoff and bark something to the others, giving her space.

She chirps without thinking about it, and ends up engaging in a guessing game of communication until the Jolteon is right in her face, staring her down. Worried she said something she shouldn’t have, she’s surprised that the Jolteon nuzzles her face quietly, Alterna staring and standing guard close by.

At the end of day two, she’s managed to make a shaky alliance, though the static from carefully nestling up next to the Jolteon makes for good protection for all. Night two fades into day three, and she’s surprised that it decides to follow her downstream. Walking quad instead of bipedal presumably helps, though she’s not sure if it will stay with her for the entire adventure. Mushrooms are a quick meal for all three of them, more water from the stream to slake her thirst, though she realizes that its tribbling off into puddles the further they go. No matter then.

Rhyme finds a small Thunder Gem and makes quick work of pulling it out to suck on sharply. Revitalized, she buries the gem just because she can and continues on, just before the Jolteon gives a warning series of barks.

Careful! It sounds like its’ saying, and her body turns back to reacting, the trio taking cover as the ground shakes again. Rhyme peeks out to see the massive Eelektross, maybe nine or ten feet tall, trailing its way through the cavern, touching what look to be bright, big….Oh my Subs. Those electric gems were ginormous, more crystal-like than she remembered, and were almost as tall as RC! It helped store the power of the Chargestone Cave, didn’t it? She’d dare not even touch those, watching the intimidating glare of their Guardian as it slid on past.

Day Three reaches mid-point and she’s managed to categorize her mind into survival. They’ve found shelter, they’re near a water source, and she’s managed to secure them a tree of Wacan berries and some mushrooms for a food source after scaring off a bunch of Woobat. The Jolteon seemed to calm once the Eelektross left, and ended up becoming a worthy bit of company. By the time she felt tired at the end of night three, Rhyme realized that maybe she should try to talk to the Jolteon.

She was able to pet it now, the fur on its body smooth but able to spike up if need be. “Hey...” She starts, ruffling its fur on its head and under its chin, getting the pokemon to look right at her. “If you want to go now, you can. Nothing is stopping you.”

“Jolt?” Its head tilted, nose turning to brush against her palm. “I know I made you leave home. You are wonderful company, you know. Smart and brave…resourceful.” She chirps and the Pokemon barks in reply, wiggling a little as it lay down to let her pet it. “I guess you’re staying with us then?”

“Jolt!”

“Are you sure?”

“Jolt Jolt!”

“Positive?”

“JOLTEON!”

…Ow. Ow o wow. Okay that was a Pin Missile and that hurt!! Rhyme fell backwards, her stomach soon the uncomfortable cushion of a growling Alterna, her limbs the victim of the ‘pins’. “E-ea…sy…” She said, body twitching before it absorbed the electricity and made her feel much better. “I got…it. Okay, okay…you’ll stay with us.”

It took her a few minutes to get all the needles out, but once she did she pet the somewhat annoyed electric-type again, dropping her head to then nudge her cheek against its’ own. It feels so much better to not stress about the world outside the cave, to become in tune with her own inner self. Nothing like the discord from that gem that she gave, the one that made her think of the figurine in the middle, that sent her mind into that odd haze...

It was almost time for her to head back above ground. The time was soon ending but for now she was content being…stationary. And that safe shelter kept them warm and sound as day four rose upon them, especially with them being snuggled close together to keep heat collected and existent.

Day four, however, was fraught with dangers, the worst being after their luck of finding food and more water on the way up. Eelektross ended up finding them making their way through the large territory of Electric Gems to get back climbing to the surface, and was not quite happy with them being there.

Rhyme and the pokemon accompanying her did not want a fight in the slightest, so when it roared and charged after them they took off like lightning, weaving their way around as best as they could and trying not to trip along the stones on their way. Alterna ended up catching his paw in a rock and tripping, skidding and yelping in pain, the limb sprained. Rhyme veered around and watched the large Pokemon advance, and her body screamed from the effort of rushing and diving down as it readied and fired a Zap Cannon at them, the amount of electricity turning her mind almost completely blank.

Yo, Rhyme! I need ya help wit dis problem here.

Okay, Beat, give me a minute to finish my…there. Okay, done. What do you need help with?

Gotta make a badass fort to defend my armies, Rhyme! Teach didn’t tell me how ‘ta do it, ‘n now im stuck! It sucks, yo!

…It’s okay, Beat. I’ll help you. Don’t worry. We’ll solve this. Together.

Rhyme comes to hours later with the Jolteon licking her face and the monstrous Eelektross out of sight. She makes a noise, her head pounding, her body thrumming with electricity. But oh, where was--

Alterna was nestled by her side, injured paw carefully settled. “We….we survived…” She says, rolling and slowly climbing to her feet. Bipedal hurts at the moment, and she thinks carrying the Shinx on her back is much easier than it will be holding it. She finds it is, Alterna balanced nicely and pretty tuckered out. As they climb, she finds an outcropping and somehow her chest fills with hope. Could they be close? Could they really be almost there? Despite being recharged she’s exhausted mentally, and she finds a dip in the stone that’s deep enough to hide them from harm. Curling up there, the Jolteon melds to her side and she cradles Alterna in her arms, falling back asleep to no dreams but the rumble of the thunder at the end.

Wait. Rumble…of…Day five sets on a search that’s the final push, Alterna on her back. They find one more patch of mushrooms and a Wacan tree that’s visible in the lightening path of the road. Rhyme cannot find the human words for when she breaks past the entry to the cave in a loping gait, her bell jingling merrily in the success and bursts into the sunshine. Alterna slips off her back as she rolls into the grass and lays belly-up, taking in increasingly larger gulps of air until she can breathe it’s sweetness in again. They made it. They actually made it.

The Jolteon stays by the cave with a soft and quiet look of surprise at her actions, but comes out when Thundurus descends, his rumbling boom of a voice bringing Rhyme back to reality.

I am impressed. You have completed the task, Keeper. You ended up surviving, and it has changed your mind. I can feel it. You are becoming more in balance with your Pokemon self. And do you not feel…freer?

“I do, I do!” She says, breathless and eyes bright. In his arms, she notices her things, and the clothing she takes last, hugging the bag with her other Pokemon to her.

When the next part of your journey is to commence, you will seek me out once again, Keeper. It will always be easier and easier to find me, since you have been ‘Touched’. It will not be easier down the road, however—remember that.

“Life is…never easy, Thundurus.” She murmurs, slipping on her clothing, clothing with a rather dusty and dirty body. “But that is why we must live it, and…face its challenges. I will…see you again someday. I know it.”

As do I, Keeper. Farewell.

Farewell….she answers mentally, though she turns to look back at the Jolteon staring at her. “If you want to come, you’re more than welcome to. You’ve come so far already…” She answers, and the Pokemon nods briefly before the trio ends up taking the long….long trek back home.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:20 am
A Mirror in a Forest

Black City is gone, and while no one lost their life in the city's destruction the loss of the city has presented a problem for you. Previously charged with hunting down the Reveal Glass somewhere in Black City you must now navigate the newly grown and unexplored New White Forest for the ruins of Black City and the Reveal Glass hidden among the ruins, which definitely survived. However you aren't the only one looking for the Reveal Glass. After being on the losing side in the war against Unova, Team Neo Plasma now looks to regain some of their loss power and prestige by taking the Reveal Glass for themselves and use it to command one of the Kami Trio to take over a weakened Unova. You of course cannot allow that to happen.

Head to New White Forest and explore the forest grown by Zac for the Ruins of Black City. There won't be much left but you should at least be able to find something to let you know where the city once stood. Once you have identified the city's location you'll have to turn over every stone to find the Reveal Glass. You'll know you're close as the Reveal Glass will use its power to defend its self by subjecting you to some undesirable 'truths' in the form of illusions. You'll have to fight through these illusions by learning to accept the truths it shows you.

Once you do find the Reveal Glass New Plasma will certainly have by then as well, using you to lead them to it. The Shadow Triad will reveal themselves to take the Reveal Glass from you, you must flee from them with it. You won't be able to simply teleport away however as they carry short range teleportation scramblers on them, if you can get enough distance from them though you'll be able to teleport away safely with the Reveal Glass. Good luck.

-Objective:
---Explore New White Forest for the Ruins of Black City.
---Explore the ruins for the Reveal Glass and conquer the truths it shows you.
---Escape the Shadow Triad with the Reveal Glass. They are powerful, cunning, and cruel but you only have to flee from them, defeating them is not necessary.

-Opposition:
---Wild Pokemon found in White Forest.
---Team Neo Plasma grunts will certainly be roaming the forest, fight at least one of them. They use the following Pokemon: Liepard, Krokorok, Golbat, Weezing, Pawniard, Garbodor, Raticate, Whirlipede, Scraggy, Watchog, Drapion, Muk, Amoongus, Seviper, Deino, and Sneasel.
---The Shadow Triad. They use several Bisharp and each have a 'signature Pokemon' being Banette, Absol, and Accelgor. They don't only use their Pokemon though and will fight themselves with typical ninja weapons.

-Pokemon:
---You may capture or snag one Pokemon.

-Rewards:
--- 8x Snag Coins
---Two new Hybrid moves learned in your journey.
---Varies from there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Battle for Black City did so much more damage than the little Hybrid had expected. But they won, they all had won, and the enemy team was removed from the field. Zack was saved, and from what she understood, they were in the process of helping to complete the poor Legendary properly.
Rhyme almost went with the rest, she almost used Zekrom and returned home but something…something…kept her from going. She dreamt about the battle, what had been, what could have been….And then she felt him calling her. She told her companions she’d be right back, waited in the quiet just outside the entry to HQ…and it was in the silence that the electric pulse started up again. That hum in her that she knew and was familiar with. Thundurus, she thought to herself, dropping to her knees and going back into four-legged running, more comfortable and far quicker to run after the scent and trail.
Her Altaria carries her over back to the forests, and she sees the thunderstorm brewing, making her way back down to land and recalling her flying type after, seeking through the storm….
She finds him soon enough at the edge of the forest, a bit farther down than where she and the others had been during the battle. He’s staring into it’s depths, head turning when the Hybrid finally made her way over to him.
“Thundurus…I’m so sorry, I failed.” She apologizes, turning her gaze to the forest and sitting in the soft grass alongside him. The Legendary didn’t look at her, continued to stare out.
“We….we had to stop them from destroying the city…and the Reveal Glass—“
The Glass is still there.
“w…What?” Rhyme looked back to him in shock, and the Legendary finally looked at her.
I saw your battle, Keeper. I saw you bring the Deep Black One to life. I saw you fight with him…and I saw your kindness in letting him go. You are an interesting one, Keeper. And that’s why I tell you this—the Glass survived. And you need to find it.
Rhyme chuckled, turning her head up towards the sky. “We wanted to save Zack…and now I have to…find a way to get back on track.”
You need to be wary—the forest is full of dangers, and obtaining the mirror will not be easy. You will suffer before it comes to your hands.
Rhyme nods softly. It had been restored by Zygarde, but it wasn’t….the ruins of the city…it covered over those ruins, the battle still fresh and clear. She’d been reunited with friends, made new ones, took down her enemies.
I know you will be successful, Keeper. I trust in your skill. Go. I will meet you where you find the Storm again.
With that, Rhyme rushes into the woods, listening to its quiet and peaceful atmosphere, heart beginning to race. The pokemon there seem to give her a wide berth, as if they recognized her from her last run to find Thundurus. Otherwise, she seems to find very few pokemon that want to engage with her here.
Odd.
It takes her until the sun is just about to be high in the sky to find the remains of a building, its twisted fire escape she flashes in her memories of climbing to try and communicate…with…
You let the others fight. You are content with being led, not being the leader.
…Who said that? Where had those thoughts come from? She connects what Thundurus states, and…Well, shes on the right track.
The question is…that right track….Many minutes pass as she continues traveling around the ruins, careful in her steps and on high alert.
….And theres the reason she couldn’t find any Pokemon in the Forest. She hides behind a bigger wall, peering out at the sight of two Neo Plasma Grunts. “We knocked out so many….we have to have no interference finding that stupid artefact.”
Well dangit. Rhyme curses in her head, peering back out. She’s gotta figure out how to get out of this….and has an idea.
She summons her Sharpedo, Noise grinning ear to ear as he comes out, surprising the two grunts…and before they can make a noise of alarm he shoots out a Scald attack, soaking the two Grunts.
They loudly complain about ‘whats the big deal!!’—until they see Rhyme sparking, and panic. That’ll be the last she sees of them, running off like the cowards they were, but she knows the Grunts will be back, and she has to hurry. If Neo Plasma is also looking for the Mirror, then….
Your hesitations are what keep you from being successful. How can you embrace what you are if you cannot embrace where you’ve been?
She slows to a stop, the truth making her breath catch. “You need to stop that…” She murmurs, continuing on. It becomes almost…almost a theme, really—when she goes one direction, she waits for the painful truths about her existence (You still feel like the Pokemon side of you isn’t really you) about how she fights (Why do you protect yourself instead of aiding your team?), about how she says shes friendly (but where then are those friends?), to appear in her head. She stops, she listens to where they’re coming from, and she pulls off in that direction, dodging whatever she feels is a threat. All she wants is to get that mirror back to where it belongs. That’s all she desires right now.
And finally, as the sun begins to descend down, the hardest one comes. It is at the base of what would have been Black Tower, and Rhyme stares down at the ruined stone covered in moss and marble. And for that moment, the world fades away and she’s in the street. In front of her is Beat, standing in the middle of the road. Besides her, the roadway goes up and down, and behind her is her old home in Japan.
Her brother’s back is back to her, and the voice rings in her head, its terrible truth taking her breath away.
The longer you tread this path, in this world, the farther it takes you away from the brother who you love.
She sees the headlights at the end of the road, that same car hurtling down towards her and her brother back then, and like before, like the consistent nightmares, like what she knows she runs and charges at her brother, their roles reversed. He’d been the one to charge at her that night, that fateful night. And she….to him this time...she would protect him. She would bring him home.
And that is your truth. That is your ideal. Use it. Let it bring you to your home.
Rhyme came out of that shattered illusion, the mirror clutched to her chest, crash landing on a patch of grass and rolling until her back hit the wall. Panting heavily, she blinked back the tears that spilled from her eyes and wet her fur.
That…was the hardest truth she’d ever experienced. The fact that she was moving on, when she made promises she’d no longer be able to keep…
But she had the mirror. She had the Mirror in her arms. It was safe.
A sching sound shocks her senses, and her head turns to where, bare inches from her, a shuriken rests in the dirt.
She scrambles to feet to dodge another, a third just catching her left ear, making her flinch and yelp in pain.
Ears pinned back for protection now, she locks her eyes on the three shadowy figures that block her path, their pokemon—the Accelgor, the Absol, the Banette—in front of them.
“We’ll be taking that back, if you don’t mind.” One states, holding out their hand for the Reveal Glass.
Rhyme pulls it closer to her, and reaches into her bag for three Pokeballs. Which ones, she doesn’t remember, just that they get tossed out to defend her. “No way.”
Shibuya, Alterna, and Glitch all come out. Two electric and one Water….well, the odds are interesting here.
She prepares for a battle of the century, and oh how it is one!! Not only do her pokemon square up and begin to trade blows with the other pokemon, but it seems the three ninja are more focused on her than they are on their pokemon. While Shibuya water guns the absol in the face, and Glitch Pin Needles the Banette and Alterna bites the ever-loving stuffing out of the Accelgor, but the ninja are coming after her with shuriken and daggers and physical fighting skills that she either dodges or Sparks back at them.
Rhyme has to act, and she has to act fast. She can’t teleport out of the area—she hears that all too familiar hum of the scramblers and knows exactly what they’re carrying.
But….There has to be a way to channel an attack that’s like theirs, right? She scrambles up to the top, faces them, and focuses. She remembers a move like this in a similar situation, staring down the enemy, making them want to….see…stars…
The trainers all cry out as she knocks them down with a well-executed Swift attack! She leaps over them to check on her pokemon, mirror clutched tightly to her chest.

The Jolteon has teamed up with her Mudkip, Glitch and Alterna having taken the Banette down. The Accelgor seems to be running circles around her Shinx, but the little guy doesn’t back down. No, he begins to spark, and Rhyme is stunned when the Shinx charges at him, clamping down with a Thunder Fang and soon knocking him out as well. Absol stares them all down, knowing a three on one with these odds isn’t fair…but Rhyme doesn’t care. She has little time to waste. The dark omen teller of a pokemon goes down with another Swift attack, and as the stars dissipate she’s already on the run, Glitch the only pokemon at her side as the other two were recalled.
She hears them trailing behind her, and her pokemon begins to spark with the sensing of the threat behind them. Shes gotta move fast enough, has to get faster…or send them back a bit, far enough that she can….

She feels the sparking energy touch her, absorbing that electric power as her brain comes up with another idea. She manages to find a spot to stop, twisting on her heel as she whips around and focuses her body, hands up and sparking from her cheeks…to her hands…the mirror at her feet for the moment…

The Electrical charge fires as a beam, a Charge Beam, the force of the energy knocking the ninja from the tree and down to the ground. She takes her moment again to turn and grab the mirror, fleeing once more to a safe place. Her Altaria is summoned and she jumps on the Pokemon, having it pull her up and away as fast as the pokemon can fly, disappearing above the clouds before her escape can be spotted.

She turns to look back at the mirror in her hands. Half of her wants to find Thundurus and return it immediately, but theres…a feeling that he’s going to want her to hold onto it until he calls again. That just was how the Legendary ran. And if she’d gone to get him now…that’d be leading whoever tried to follow her to another legendary. She couldn’t do that. So off to home….she went, trying to get the thoughts of the truth she faced out of her mind.  

Not a Noise

Friendly Puppy

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Market Browser 100
Mission Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items