Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions
False Christs versus The King of Kings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:54 am
In Matthew 24 Jesus warns us that many will come in His name and warns us not to fall for it. How can we guard ourselves against this wicked deception? The answer it to put on the full armor of God. Part of this armor is the word of God. Know what the Bible have to to say about Jesus second coming. Know who He is and what He will do. Where and how He will appear and you will easily spot impostors.

Matthew 24:3-5
3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

Matthew 24:23-25
23"Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ,' or 'There He is,' do not believe him. 24"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25"Behold, I have told you in advance.

I thought we would deal here with a few of them, and what distinguishes them from the King of Kings.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:04 am
I know about this man because some of his followers promote him in Christian groups on Facebook.

User Image

Raymond Elwood (RayEl)

Here's his message.

Quote; My children, I am RayEl. I am your king, and I am your lord, and I have arrived, as promised, to reclaim the throne of my father. Just as my sun now rises, so too does the son of God rise to redeem humanity. My children, this shall not be pleasant, for the harvest has begun, as has your judgment. Know this: What must be done, must be done. I shall remove all evil from the kingdom, and those of my choosing will reign with me in peace and love, forever. My father’s breath is already upon you. As never before, you are feeling your lands move, the water rising, and the gusts of his nostrils laying waste to your embankments. He will be here soon. But first, I shall judge the nations. I shall decide who will be spared. End quote.

Source

From his fanpage;

The Gnostic Christians ("Gnostic" meaning those who possess greater knowledge) believe that the early Catholic Church, removed or refused to accept many popular Gospel writings; numerous highly revered scriptures that gave a much deeper understanding of Christ and his teachings. In recent years, this claim has been found to be true, and the Catholic Church has been unable to justify the blocking of these important writings. Based on these scriptures, and those found in the Bible, we now know what to look for when the Christ returns.

With this new understanding, it's believed that the returned Christ would make himself recognizable to the majority of the world, by having a life that is nearly identical to the life he led in biblical times, and the Gnostics have been the first to recognize that Lord RayEl fits this description perfectly, and has precisely fulfilled ALL of the prophecies of his return.

So what we have here is Gnosticism rearing its head again. The early church fought against this heresy for nearly two hundred years. There is not greater knowledge than the one revealed to us in Scripture. Note that they wrote "on these Scriptures. and those found in the Bible." The greatest knowledge is presented in such a way that all should understand it. Be very aware if someone comes presenting you with special knowledge or a new understanding. Most of the Gnostic writings are what is called Pseudepigrapha. These books were written long time after the claimed authors of the books died and they often are written under the pretense of being older than they are. Sometimes they claim Apostolic authority while denying central doctrines of the Christian faith.

The arrival of The King of King (Jesus) is marked by a few things. He just won't silently arrive on the scene. When He does the world will rapidly and dramatically change. Everyone will see Him (Revelation 1:7), all eyes the Bible states. Even those who pierced Him.

He will come in His glory, and all the angels will follow Him.

Matthew 25:31
"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.

Mark 13:26
"At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.

His foot will touch the rock He left and there will be a great earthquake creating a large valley.

Zechariah 14:4
On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

Here’s how RayEl describes his past at his website, ra-el.org…

“RayEl was born on Orthodox Pentecost (June 09, 1968.),” he writes.

We know that when Jesus returns He will return the way He left. It will be with the clouds.

More on Rayel

The dangerous thing about this man is that he makes use of Christian lingo. Talking of peace and love while not being able to offer it to anyone. It is self glorifying as most cults of personality are. It steals worship from the only One deserving of it. At its core it is idolatry (Exodus 20:3).

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:25 am
User Image

José Luis de Jesús Miranda

He refers to himself as “Jesus Christ Man.” He is a native Puerto Rican who claims that, in 1973, through a vision he received, Jesus Christ “integrated with him.” In 1998, he claimed that he was the reincarnation of the Apostle Paul. In 2005, he officially claimed he was Christ.

Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda’s following has all of the classic signs of a cult. There is the claim to extra-biblical authority by way of the vision of Christ “integrating” with him. There is the fact that Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda is the sole, undisputed leader of his movement, and as such he exerts total authority over his church and ministry. There is the teaching of exclusive doctrine such as the non-existence of the devil, hell and sin, the futility of prayer, and the irrelevancy of God’s moral code (i.e., the Ten Commandments). He exploits his people financially, living a lavish lifestyle well beyond his reported means based on the generosity of his followers. Finally, there is a defective Christology. He claims he is greater than Jesus Christ and that his teachings supersede those of Christ. He even refers to himself as the Antichrist and sports a “666” tattoo on his forearm, claiming that since He is Christ, worship of Jesus Christ is invalid. His followers are now also receiving 666 tattoos to declare their allegiance to him.

User Image

The man who claims he's Jesus, New Cult - South Florida Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.

Can you be both the man of lawlessness and the man without sin? His whole person is paradoxical. Also how can you be greater than yourself?

The Bible teaches that 666 is a mans number. It is connected to the man of Lawlessness in 2 Thessalonians 2. We are warned numerous times throughout Revelation by Jesus Himself not to take this number.

Miranda; "Satan in a Hollywood character."

The Bible; The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him (Revelation 12:9).

Miranda; "Everyone else but me teach the wrong Gospel."

Basically what he is saying with this is that he had to come and reestablish the truth, that it was lost. The Bible teach the truth can not be lost.

The Bible; And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it (Matthew 16:18.).

The counsel of the Lord standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations (Psalm 33:11).

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever (Isaiah 40:8.).

Miranda: "Everybody should be rich."

The Bible: Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 19:23).

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal (Matthew 6:20).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:50 am
User Image

Sergey Anatolyevitch Torop

Sergey Anatolyevitch Torop, called Vissarion by his followers, has publicly claimed since 1991 to be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. The Russian leader, 52, named his movement the Church of the Last Testament, and reportedly has 5,000 followers worldwide. His teachings reportedly reflect elements of various faiths, such as Russian Orthodox and Buddhism, and his stated goal is to unite all religions. Torop, married twice and having fathered six children, was reportedly a traffic cop before developing a community in Siberia. He told The Washington Post in 2007 that "it was painful to remember the end of his last life, in which he says he walked the Earth as Jesus Christ." In an even earlier Guardian report, Torop is quoted as saying, "It's all very complicated, but to keep things simple, yes, I am Jesus Christ. That which was promised must come to pass. And it was promised in Israel 2,000 years ago that I would return, that I would come back to finish what was started. I am not God. And it is a mistake to see Jesus as God. But I am the living word of God the Father. Everything that God wants to say, he says through me." A VICE documentary on the Church of the Last Testament, published online in May of 2012, has been viewed more than two million times.

Again as with the previous messiahs (I use this term lightly) we see that Sergio does not come with the clouds. He does not come from Heaven with glory. He denies God's revelation to us and magnifies His own worldview, an impossible mix of reincarnation and what the Russian orthodox church teaches.

Like most of these people he has an earthly past and identity before he decides that he is Jesus. We are told in the Bible that Jesus ascended into Heaven and He is now at the right hand of God.

Mark 16:19
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.

And that He will descend in the same way He left.

Acts 1:11
"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Sergio; "I am not God"

The Bible; The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation (Colossians 1:15).

Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? (John 14:9)

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:17 am
User Image

Ann Lee

The second of eight children, Ann Lee was born on February 29, 1736, in a poor district of Manchester, England, known as Toad Lane. Her father John Lee was a blacksmith whose meager income barely fed his family. Except for a parish church record of her baptism in 1742, very little is known of Ann Lee's childhood. There does exist a physical description of her as a young adult; she was said to be short of stature, stoutly built, with blue eyes, brown hair and a fair complexion. According to her followers, "her countenance was mild and expressive, but grave and solemn. Her glance was keen and penetrating."

Lee claimed to have had a vision from God in which it was explained to her that sexual intercourse was the root of all sin, and that to truly serve God, one must be celibate. She came to believed that God was bisexual because both man and woman were made in His image, and that this was duplicated throughout nature. Every living thing, animal or vegetable, had both a male and female component. Her followers began to call her "Mother" Ann because they believed her to be the female component of Christ's spirit and that she represented the second appearance of Christ on earth. In 1772, Ann received another vision from God, in the form of a tree, in which it was communicated to her that "a place had been prepared" for the Shakers in America.

There is no scriptural support for any of these revelations. Sex is not prohibited by Scripture, or something evil.Celibacy should not be forced. It it is never prophesied that Jesus would have a female component that would represent the second appearance of Christ. These are all extra-Biblical teaching or revelations.

Is God male or female?

About celibacy:

1 Corintians 7:1-7
1 Corinthians 7 Common English Bible (CEB)

Marriage and celibacy
7 Now, about what you wrote: “It’s good for a man not to have sex with a woman.” 2 Each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband because of sexual immorality. 3 The husband should meet his wife’s sexual needs, and the wife should do the same for her husband. 4 The wife doesn’t have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise, the husband doesn’t have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Don’t refuse to meet each other’s needs unless you both agree for a short period of time to devote yourselves to prayer. Then come back together again so that Satan might not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I’m saying this to give you permission; it’s not a command. 7 I wish all people were like me, but each has a particular gift from God: one has this gift, and another has that one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:37 am
User Image

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad

(1835–1908.), claimed to be the awaited Mahdi as well as (Second Coming) and likeness of Jesus the promised Messiah at the end of time, being the only person in Islamic history who claimed to be both. He claimed to be Jesus in the metaphorical sense; in character. He founded the Ahmadiyya Movement in 1889 envisioning it to be the rejuvenation of Islam, and claimed to be commissioned by God for the reformation of mankind. He declared that Jesus survived crucifixion and died a natural death having migrated towards the east.

In Islamic eschatology, the Mahdi (Arabic: مهدي‎, ISO 233: mahdī "guided one".) is the prophesied redeemer of Islam who will rule for seven, nine, or nineteen years (according to differing interpretations) before the Day of Judgment (yawm al-qiyamah / literally, the Day of Resurrection) and will rid the world of evil.

There is no explicit reference to the Mahdi in the Qu'ran, but references to him are found in hadith (the reports and traditions of Muhammad's teachings collected after his death). According to Islamic tradition, the Mahdi's tenure will coincide with the Second Coming of Jesus Christ (Isa), who is to assist the Mahdi against the Masih ad-Dajjal (literally, the "false Messiah" or Antichrist). Differences exist in the concept of the Mahdi between Sunni Muslims and adherents of the Shia tradition. For Sunnis, the Mahdi is Muhammad's successor who is yet to come. For most Shia Muslims, the Mahdi was born but disappeared and will remain hidden from humanity until he reappears to bring justice to the world, a doctrine known as the Occultation. For Twelver Shia, this "hidden Imam" is Muhammad al-Mahdi, the Twelfth Imam.
- Wikipedia

The Isa of Islam is not the Jesus of the Bible. He is not next to or below someone in authority.

Revelation 19:16
On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords.

Deuteronomy 10:17
For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.

In the new testament we are told that Jesus will rule one thousand years, this is known as the millennial kingdom, before the final Resurrection of those who are lost (Revelation 20:6).

There is no Mahdi (guided one) promised either in the Old or New Testament. However both Old and New Testament claim there will be a successful world leader before the second coming of Jesus and that He will have a false prophet speaking on his behalf in order to make people worship him as God.

Revelation 13:1-14
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

If any man have an ear, let him hear.

He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

As for Jesus migrating towards the east and dying a natural death, the disciples of Jesus would disagree. They saw Him taken up into Heaven.

Mark 16:19
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.

Luke 24:51
While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.

Acts 1:9
After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

jack0076970

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:32 pm
Garland-Green
In Matthew 24 Jesus warns us that many will come in His name and warns us not to fall for it. How can we guard ourselves against this wicked deception? The answer it to put on the full armor of God. Part of this armor is the word of God. Know what the Bible have to to say about Jesus second coming. Know who He is and what He will do. Where and how He will appear and you will easily spot impostors.

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

23"Then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ,' or 'There He is,' do not believe him. 24"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25"Behold, I have told you in advance.

I thought we would deal here with a few of them, and what distinguishes them from the King of Kings.

Quite an interesting look and troubling at the same time... that people could be so desperate that they will cling to someone who clearly doesn't even come close to fitting the bill.

It's a timely reminder given the days we are living in and what we here should take note of is verse 24 - false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

I don't know what anyone else here thinks about it but for me it says that we haven't really seen anything yet... that before Christ comes there will come those who's great signs and wonders will stir the hearts of even the most faithful Christian whose only saving grace will to stop and ask of themselves "what does the Bible say about what is happening?" - regardless of how amazing, regardless of how popular, regardless of who else is following these signs and wonders. Our own relationship and commitment to Jesus & His word will be our saving grace in those times.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:18 pm
Matthew 24:26-27
"So if they say to you, 'Behold, He is in the wilderness,' do not go out, or, 'Behold, He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe them."For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

jack0076970

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:53 pm
Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also who pierced him: and all tribes of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."

Luke 21:26 "...Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh"

1 Thessalonians 4:16 "...For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

I had seen the documentary on the Russian guy on youtube... probably seen the others at some stage... I don't know that Youtube or Gaia qualifies...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:07 pm
jack0076970
Garland-Green

Quite an interesting look and troubling at the same time... that people could be so desperate that they will cling to someone who clearly doesn't even come close to fitting the bill.

It's a timely reminder given the days we are living in and what we here should take note of is verse 24 - false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

I don't know what anyone else here thinks about it but for me it says that we haven't really seen anything yet... that before Christ comes there will come those who's great signs and wonders will stir the hearts of even the most faithful Christian whose only saving grace will to stop and ask of themselves "what does the Bible say about what is happening?" - regardless of how amazing, regardless of how popular, regardless of who else is following these signs and wonders. Our own relationship and commitment to Jesus & His word will be our saving grace in those times.

I think the clue in here as you have pointed out that these are not the elect being mislead. The elect know the Lord's voice (John 10:27).

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11
that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false

The world is in desperate need of someone to take the reins. We are living in perilous times. Even those who are not Christians feel the need for someone to step in and make peace.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:16 pm
User Image

Apollo Quiboloy

Quiboloy is the founder and leader of the The Kingdom of Jesus Christ The Name Above Every Name, a church that is based in Davao City, Philippines. Quiboloy is a very charismatic person who has attracted 6 million devoted followers. Four million of them are in the Philippines while the remaining 2 million are living abroad.

Quiboloy makes some extraordinary claims. Aside from being the head of his church, he also claims to be the Appointed Son of God or the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. According to him, God has entrusted him with the Sonship and has appointed him to become the Savior of the Gentiles or non-Jewish people. In April 13, 2005, Apollo Quiboloy declared that God has entrusted him with the Kingship. This Kingship that God has supposedly given to Quiboloy gave him the authority to govern God’s Kingdom and execute His laws throughout the world. He also claimed that since 2005 he has been living a state of “sinless” existence.

Before he claimed that he was the Appointed Son of God, Quiboloy was an active preacher of a certain Christian denomination in the Philippines. He left his church and established his own, the Kingdom of Jesus Christ The Name Above Every Name, on September 1, 1985. Quiboloy is a very influential man in the Philippines. He is respected and sought out by many Filipino politicians due to his vast number of followers.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

He would not have forgotten who He is, and that He is sinless to later pick up the knowledge. Scripture teaches us that Jesus is the same today as He was yesterday. He will be the same tomorrow and throughout eternity.

Jesus is not going to start off on earth as a preacher, but when He come again it will be to judge the world (Acts 17:31). He will come with power and glory, and He will have the ability to rule the nations by virtue of who He is. Someone who has committed sins are in no position to judge others of sin. He will not need the backing of earthly governments.

Revelation 19:15
Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.

"What does the Bible say about reincarnation?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:09 am
User Image

Identity unknown
(The Antichrist, The beast, Man of perdition)

Daniel 8:23
"In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a fierce-looking king, a master of intrigue, will arise.

He will claim to be God.

2 Thessalonians 2:4
He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

This man is different than all the other smaller antichrists in that he backs up his claims with what appears to the world to be divine power. In reality his power is from the dragon (Satan) and is far removed from being divine.

Revelation 13:4
People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?"

Revelation 13:15
The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

Unlike the characters above this man manages to get the whole world to follow in line and create a very devoted worldwide fan-base for himself. So devoted that knowing that God is punishing them for their sins - they still refuse to repent (Revelation 16:11).

He could be present in the world today but held back unable to come to the kind of power he desires.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

An apostasy (falling away) of sorts paves the way for his rule.

It is theorized that he will rise to political power first since it is said that he comes out of the sea. A picture some claim is used in Scripture of nations and people.

Revelation 13:1-2
The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.

Daniel in his vision mentions that the Antichrist will be very proud and someone who boasts of his own abilities much like the people we have seen earlier in this thread.

Daniel 7:8
"While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

We are also told of his arrogant and blasphemous demeanor by Jesus in His revelation to John;

Revelation 13:5-7
There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him. And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, that is, those who dwell in heaven. It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.

He will reorganize both times, dates and how trading is done. Everyone both kings and the regular man on the street will take his mark in order to be able to sell and buy. The consequences for those who refuse the mark will be severe.

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

He is a man of war.

Revelation 13:4
People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?"

Daniel 11:36
"The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place.

Daniel 8:24
He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy those who are mighty, the holy people.

Yet he will make peace with Israel only to turn on them in the end. The covenant seems to be between the nations and Israel because he is allowing the sacrifices and offerings for seven years before he decides to set up the abomination.

Daniel 9:27
He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."

It will be apparent to the Jewish people, likely because of what Daniel wrote, who he is when he sets this up.

Mark 13:14
"When you see 'the abomination that causes desolation' standing where it does not belong--let the reader understand--then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

This man who created a destruction and havoc on earth never before seen in history will not die a normal death but will be destroyed by the Lord Himself at His second coming at the battle of Armageddon.

2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

mexicana_John Cena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:02 am
what about muhammad and buddha they both claim to be prophets and messiah .  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:45 pm
mexicana_John Cena
what about muhammad and buddha they both claim to be prophets and messiah .

I would agree with you that they are both antichrists.

Matthew 12:30
"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

Is Muhammad an Antichrist According to the Bible?

Though Buddha predates Jesus and does not specifically mention Jesus, the things he does mention according to Buddhist tradition, does indirectly deny Christ.

How Does Buddhist Teaching Compare to the Bible?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Cults, heresies, Pseudepigrapha and other religions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces