Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Arachnoid Cyst Awareness (Prayer Request) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:39 pm
Update (4/13/15): I recently created a FB and Forum archive for other Arachnoid Cyst sufferers... If any of you could take the time to "like" the FB page at Arachnoid Cyst Awareness, I would really appreciate it! Thank you 4laugh

Also, I currently have a few threads on Gaia, recruiting artists to help make Art for Arachnoid Cyst Awareness

Thank you everyone for your well wishes, thoughts, and prayers heart

_

Asking that you please include those suffering from Arachnoid Cysts, please pray for them.

Everyday my FB alerts are full of those suffering, myself included from these brain lesions.

Even if it is a brief prayer on behalf of the community that suffers from them... It is a community largely dismissed by the medical community, and many of us are left without answers or options. Some doctors even refrain from telling patients about these cysts that show up on scans because old school textbooks say that cysts are "incidental" and "asymptomatic" (without symptoms). It's simply not true...

Many these sufferers are children, mothers, and others like myself that are just left without answers, guidance, or help. I have seen two neurologists, a neurosurgeon, a private doctor, as well as a PA and am still without a paddle.

Thank you for your time and thoughts, brothers and sisters in Christ heart

Stories From Arachnoid Cyst Victims

While Jackson girl, 15, awaits brain surgery to remove cyst, her family endures financial struggles

Ethan Strong, Inspiration Behind Pediatric Arachnoid Cyst Foundation

In The Media

Dr. Hrayr Shahinian of the Skull Base Institute on the The Doctors for an Arachnoid Cyst
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4uoQsGmyBk

Dr. Hrayr Shahinian's Arachnoid Cyst episode of The Doctors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4uoQsGmyBk  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:27 am
Random: Ehh.. is that why you have that username?

Do you have any complication? Do you need any surgery?

"Most arachnoid cysts are asymptomatic, and do not require treatment. Where complications are present, leaving arachnoid cysts untreated, may cause permanent severe neurological damage due to the progressive expansion of the cyst(s) or hemorrhage (bleeding). However, with treatment most individuals with symptomatic arachnoid cysts do well."

Keep you on prayer sis heart  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:46 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi

Do you have any complication? Do you need any surgery?

"Most arachnoid cysts are asymptomatic, and do not require treatment. Where complications are present, leaving arachnoid cysts untreated, may cause permanent severe neurological damage due to the progressive expansion of the cyst(s) or hemorrhage (bleeding). However, with treatment most individuals with symptomatic arachnoid cysts do well."

Keep you on prayer sis heart

Pain, mostly, since I was hit by a drunk driver in an accident last year. Headaches, nausea, dizziness, confusion, temperature regulation, memory issues, and emotional issues. Some days I can't get out of bed because of joint/mobility issues... It prevented me from finishing through nursing school last fall sad
Have had done all sorts of blood panels, scans, and ultrasounds. The only thing that needed to be ruled out was an UTI that is anti-biotic resistant strain of e.coli... It's been recurring for the past year and I can't seem to completely eradicate it. My WBC is also very low.
A lot of doctors deny that these cysts cause problems, but there are a lot of research to show they do... Many of the individuals on the forums that have gotten surgery, the cysts come back within the same year. Sometimes even bigger than before and/or with complications like infection (especially if a shunt is involved). Fenestration seems to be the biggest surgical option... But sometimes not always possible because the "arachnoid" membrane of the cyst gets wrapped around nerves that make it very risky... Permanent brain damage is also a possible risk. However, if the cyst stays and/or gets bigger - there is also the risk it will continue to injure the part of the pain it is putting pressure on... Mine happens to be deteriorating my cerebellum (posterior fossa).

"The cerebellum coordinates voluntary movements such as posture, balance, coordination, and speech, resulting in smooth, balanced muscular activity." There is even some research publications that show the cerebellum plays a role in mental and hormonal health.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebellar_cognitive_affective_syndrome
http://scicurious.scientopia.org/2011/02/21/the-cerebellum-and-premenstrual-dysphoric-disorder/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1089778/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12134911

All of the doctors I have seen do say it is a decent-sized cyst (3cm in dimensions) and has mass-effect on my cerebellum... But refuse to go any further than that. That being said, the state I live in the US isn't known for the best healthcare... I would have to go to neighboring states to see a decent neurosurgeon that can actually explain to me what is going on. Most doctors don't seem to know what it even is or how to approach it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:30 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi
Do you have urinary tract infection (UTI) because of the cyst?
Keeping you in prayer.
Proverbs 17:22 ESV
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Arachnoia
Ohhh, no! Haha. That would be a wonder whee

It just needed to be ruled out... I've had it since last year. With treatment, I seem to get it to go away for a few weeks, then it comes back. I've always had issues with my urinary tract/kidneys... History of kidney stone and lithotripsy. The only anti-biotic that works against the strain of e.coli I have is Macrobid... I don't want to go on another round because that medication makes you feel worse than the symptoms. I seriously can't keep food down when I take it. If my body doesn't start fighting this thing off, next step will be another round of antibiotics and/or hospitalization to prevent sepsis. Bleck sweatdrop

But thank you so much for your prayers, thoughts, and well-wishes heart

I mostly wrote this on behalf of the Arachnoid Cyst community... I am on a forum where I have grown close to those suffering from symptomatic cysts. It's terrible what some people have to go through. Especially the babies and kids... It's heart-breaking. sad

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Chelocean

Tricky Bunny

6,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:09 am
I will be praying for you and those suffering from now on <3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:05 pm
Meili Kyumee Youichi

Keeping you in prayer.
Proverbs 17:22 ESV
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Thank you heart  

olisea

Muse

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:06 pm
Chelocean
I will be praying for you and those suffering from now on <3

Thank you heart

While Jackson girl, 15, awaits brain surgery to remove cyst, her family endures financial struggles

This is one of the girls in our community that is spreading public awareness about her struggle with suffering from Arachnoid Cysts.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:41 am
I will pray. 3nodding  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:39 pm
You will be in my prayers.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:57 pm
Garland-Green
I will pray. 3nodding

OtakuKat

Thank you for your prayers heart  

olisea

Muse

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:03 pm
Arachnoia
Garland-Green
I will pray. 3nodding

OtakuKat

Thank you for your prayers heart

You're welcome. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:33 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi

Oops, forgot to answer this!! Yes, that is why I chose this username biggrin

Quote:
arachno-, arachn-,
combining forms meaning 'arachnoid membrane' or 'spider': arachnoidal, arachnoidism

-noia
a combining form appearing in loanwords from Greek, where it meant “thought”:

olisea

Muse

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:01 am
Arachnoia
Meili Kyumee Youichi

Quote:
arachno-, arachn-,
combining forms meaning 'arachnoid membrane' or 'spider': arachnoidal, arachnoidism

-noia

Wow, you actually looked back and found a question you missed?! That's an awesome brain skill really!
Thank you for answering this. The first thing that came in my mind was "spider" when I saw your username. Glad to know the real meaning of it now. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:49 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi
Arachnoia
Meili Kyumee Youichi

Quote:
arachno-, arachn-,

-noia

Wow, you actually looked back and found a question you missed?! That's an awesome brain skill really!
Thank you for answering this. The first thing that came in my mind was "spider" when I saw your username. Glad to know the real meaning of it now. 4laugh

It was around the time of my initial diagnosis... Was sort of dumbfounded. This username just kind of made sense.
And no worries! I probably would have thought it was about spiders, too blaugh

Hope you are doing well, sister! heart  

olisea

Muse

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:30 am
Just wanted to update that I've recently created a few things to help boost awareness for this brain condition. If anyone could take the time to please "like" the FB page, that would really help boost stats so that other sufferers can find it easily.

Arachnoid Cyst Awareness

Arachnoid Cyst Forums

Also, I currently have a few threads on Gaia, recruiting artists to help make Art for Arachnoid Cyst Awareness

Thank you everyone for your well wishes, thoughts, and prayers heart  
Prayer Requests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces