[S] A Conversation About a Backup Plan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

one over three

Feline Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:38 pm

Yeah. I'm always flipping out whenever gaia makes the new bad choice of the week.

Personally I would rather not use facebook. I don't really have an account so if Soq moved to facebook I'd be done.

I don't see the harm in starting a google docs and/or proboard for backup purposes. Copy pasting rules and lore to a safe spot would save us a lot of headache on the just in case.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:53 pm
To clear up some obvious confusion, I don't think the Facebook option was meant as a "let's move soq to FB". The only reason FB came up at all, from what i read, was a suggestion option as a way for people to stay in touch with one another in case the shop DID close.

I don't even think it would be feasible to do anything more with soq on FB other than use it as a media outlet to either give people updates on what was happening in transition (if Gaia were to close) or generally use it as a place for some people to keep tabs on what was happening with the shop.

Just as not everybody uses IM, it was brought up (from what I can tell) as a means to communicate or contact with our current and possibly new player base if Gaia went down.

The shop itself would be moved either to its own website, a new forum, a gaia-like site, etc. i know i would personally want to keep it as close to what we have on Gaia as possible -- lots of forums, abilities for players to make their own threads, etc. I don't think anybody has any plans on letting soquili just up and die or move to FB or Tumblr or some sort of social media site as an end result.

As for moving threads and things, or having backup on Google Docs is probably the safest route at this point and time. At least for the big solid stuff. We probably don't need absolutely every thread ever kept as a document since some things are liable to change and might be in process of changing.  

Uta

Shy Mage

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas