Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Confusion in the Aftermath

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Duronva Sol

High-functioning Allegiant

7,000 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:45 pm
Our mother passed peacefully at home. We are holding her funeral this Wednsday. But her death has left this sense of confusion since I plan on staying in the house we lived in together, and raising my own family in it. At the moment, it feels as if I am mentally flailing. For what, I don't know but Jesus will support me as long as it honors him. It will not be easy but I can survive.

It's just that the house is too quiet now. There are times when I feel peace, but there are slight throbings in my chest. I don't know how to describe it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:45 am
What you're feeling is very normal. It's good that you've found peace, but it's completely and totally natural to feel a sense of aching and/or a sense of loss at the same time.

I'm also really sorry to hear of your loss. : ( I'll say a prayer for you and your family that God will comfort you and be with you all through this difficult time.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

King Shining Heaven

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:29 pm
It's only natural to feel that way; you've lost someone close and you feel an emptiness. It'll all be fine.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:02 pm
You will be in my prayers.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:22 am
Sullen SnowAngel
Our mother passed peacefully at home. We are holding her funeral this Wednsday. But her death has left this sense of confusion since I plan on staying in the house we lived in together, and raising my own family in it. At the moment, it feels as if I am mentally flailing. For what, I don't know but Jesus will support me as long as it honors him. It will not be easy but I can survive.

It's just that the house is too quiet now. There are times when I feel peace, but there are slight throbings in my chest. I don't know how to describe it.

I am still in the house that my mom passed away in. Honestly, I closed off her room for couple months. It was too difficult.

If you need to cry, don't hold back. Don't try to be strong for anyone... Even if that means for yourself. I made the mistake of thinking strength was sweeping my emotions under the rug. Because of doing that, my grieving was extended tenfold. I didn't face it for a long time. Of course you are going to be hurting... No one can ever replace your mom's place in your heart nor in your life. She will always be with you in memory and in spirit.

You can "survive", but doesn't make the grieving process any less difficult. There are a lot of emotions, and sometimes it can just be so overwhelming. Take it one day at a time... There is no "right" way to grieve. Just in my experience, trying not to acknowledge it does more damage in the long run. Think and remember the good memories you shared with her. Maybe she had a favorite songs, her favorite foods, or movie maybe you two shared some odd quirks that was just apart of your bond. Sometimes, when someone gets sick... It's harder to remember the good memories.

Ultimately, she's no longer suffering... God relieved her of her pain and suffering. I found peace in knowing my own mom passed away peacefully at home, in her own bed. That her suffering was over. But it took awhile for me to really grasp that... Part of me wanted me angry she was gone. Angry at God for "taking her away". In reality, I look back now and realize that my mom had such a heavy burden. God gave her the rest that she needed...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:16 am
We both loved to read books. She was also my best friend as well as a parent.  

Duronva Sol

7,000 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:10 am
Sullen SnowAngel
We both loved to read books. She was also my best friend as well as a parent.

My mom was also my best friend... Cherish those good memories you have of her.

Did she have a favorite book?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:05 am
She read a lot of books, but James Paterson was her favorite writer.  

Duronva Sol

7,000 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:13 pm
Sullen SnowAngel
She read a lot of books, but James Paterson was her favorite writer.

emotion_hug

Thinking of you and hope all is well.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:59 pm
I am doing okay. At the moment, I am trying to figure out how to witness to others.Yes, living a christian life and going to church is important. There are people who have heard of Jesus. The problem is that I am shy for a twenty one year old.

I want my brother to know Christ, too.  

Duronva Sol

7,000 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers