Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
London Shopping District ~ Street ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:37 am
User Image
                                                                There was nothing in sight
                                                                But memories left abandoned
                                                                There was nowhere to hide
                                                                The ashes fell like snow
                                                                And the ground caved in
                                                                Between where we were standing
                                                                And your voice was all I heard
                                                                That I get what I deserve

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Carnaby Street
                                                                Who am I with? Myself
                                                                What am I doing? Looking through shops for a gift
                                                                What am I thinking? Okay, I know that Elli wouldn't care for that much in clothes, but I saw a shirt he'd love...
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Summer Outing

Jesse walked along the street, enjoying for once some time away from the house and to himself. He swore that he wasn't getting any free time, mostly from his admission since Valentine's Day. Then again, with what he admitted, he was surprised that Elli hadn't suggested a shrink for Jesse. Then again, Jesse was almost the Tower of London for secrets, so the fact that Kenneth hadn't dragged him off to a shrink was probably a result of all the time that he'd spent never saying a word about anything. He sighed, taking a seat outside of a store he was passing by and set the bags he had between his legs. It felt weird, walking around a place like this without sneaking a shirt out of the store. Maybe he was getting soft. He definitely hadn't stolen anything since he'd started living with the Holts, and while he could have, he didn't want to disappoint Kenneth, Verily, or Ruth. Especially not Elliott, but that was probably a given.

He didn't even notice the person walk up to him until he glanced up. A dark haired man, somewhere in his forties if Jesse was guessing right, was watching him from behind glasses that looked vaguely familiar, and the redhead had an odd sense of deja-vu. It wasn't the creepy vibe where he'd run away screaming, but more of the familiar vibe like he ought to know the man. He shook his head, frowning, but the man was already walking forward. "Jesse... Calvert?"

Jesse blinked, alarm bells ringing in his head as he tried to think if he'd done anything recently to warrant someone paying him any attention. He couldn't recall, and he frowned at the man. "Can I help you?"

"Actually, I believe I can help you." Jesse opened his mouth to protest, but found a wand drawn on him as the muggles passed the two by. "Don't. You know as well as I do that muggles can't know about magic. You're coming quietly."

Before Jesse could even try and reach for his wand, the man grabbed his arm and walked quickly through the crowd. Jesse opened his mouth to start yelling obscenities, but found his voice gone. Stomach plummeting to somewhere below his knees, he started considering every spell he knew that could get him out of the situation, but was dragged into an alleyway before he could act. With a loud crack, the two disappeared from the street, and all that was left showing the redhead had even been there was the bags beneath the bench.

OOC:

In every loss in every lie
                                                                In every truth that you'd deny
                                                                And each regret and each goodbye
                                                                Was a mistake too great to hide
                                                                And your voice was all I heard
                                                                That I get what I deserve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:38 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShopping District
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxKenneth
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWorried
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ï'ṃ h α ṿ ï ṉ ģ τ ɾ ø υ в l ε τɾÿïṉ' τø ṡlεερ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ï'ṃ с ø υ ṉ τ ï ṉ ģ ṡ h ε ε ρ вυτ ɾυṉṉïṉ' øυτ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṡ τ ï ṃ ε τïсќṡ в ÿ , αṉḋ ṡτïll ï τ ɾ ÿ xxxxxx
                                                          ṉø ɾ ε ṡ τ ƒøɾ с ɾ ø ṡ ṡ τ ø ρ ṡ ïṉ ṃÿ ṃïṉḋ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott's lip was curled in distaste when he and his brother appeared with a crack in the darkened alley, pulling his arm rather forcibly away from his brother's as soon as they were stable. Had it been a little later in the Summer, side-along wouldn't have been necessary, but as it was, he'd been forced to rely on his brother, something he was finding rather irksome, given the circumstances. He didn't want Kenneth trolling along with him, not really. Jaw set tight, he didn't say a word, simply stalked out of the alley and onto the street proper, eyes narrowing as if he could spot something that would help. Kenneth followed after, lightly thumping his brother on the back of his head. "Don't go runnin' off," he warned, earning a black look from his younger brother. "Lemme remind you that you wouldn't even know where to start lookin' if I hadn't told you." The Ravenclaw bristled, not appreciating that his brother did in fact have a point.

space"Thanks so much," he bit out, walking at a hurried pace, eyes roving as if he had any clue what he was looking for. "But, I know where to look now, and I'm here, so you can go home." It wasn't so much that Elliott thought he didn't need his brother's help; he wasn't too proud to admit that, yes, having someone who was actually able to use their magic in a non-life-threatening situation would be helpful. It was more that, with Jesse missing, there were only so many things that could have happened to him. As slim as the odds were, Elliott couldn't seem to shake the idea that somehow his old tormentor had gotten his hands on the Slytherin once again. Maybe it was just the conversation from Valentine's Day making him paranoid, but it wasn't completely impossible. If that was what had happened, it was unacceptable. Elliott had promised Jesse that he wasn't going to have to fall victim to that again. Given that, unlike himself, Jesse was actually old enough to use his magic, the brunette wanted to think his boyfriend would have done it. But, panic and fear were powerful things, and might've rendered him incapable. He'd gotten shaken just talking about it, barely even touching on the subject. There was no telling what actually facing Paul again would do. Render him catatonic? Possibly. And Elliott had personally taken it upon himself to keep Jesse away from that, and it was his responsibility to keep that promise. Kenneth had a wife, and a child on the way. He didn't need to go to jail for... Elliott huffed. "Ken, go home," he said darkly.

spaceKenneth returned the glare, snorting, a hand clamping down on his brother's shoulder. "Not no but hell no," he muttered. "Ain't leavin' you out here to go missin', too. Besides, it's only been a few hours, it ain't red alert yet." Elliott's eyes narrowed again, nostrils flaring. "Not a single shop on this street is still open," he hissed. "He has no reason to not be home, except if something's wrong. I'll move faster on my own, and I know you're not going to split up." His elder brother gave him a look, one which, as a younger child, might have stopped his arguing then and there, might have made Elliott say, 'I'm sorry, you're right' whether he believed it or not. It was Kenneth's "I'm not ******** around" look. Elliott was older now, and very, very pissed off, but lucky for the American, he didn't have time for this. "Fine," he bit out. "But do try to <******** keep up."

spaceThe pair continued on the street. It was almost empty, dead. The only lights inside the shops were the back rooms, and the low lights by which the closing employees emptied the tills and cleaned the floors. As they walked, both had their eyes peeled, though neither had any clue what they were looking for. There were no witnesses to question, and any evidence of a struggle would've been wiped away by the day's traffic. They had no way of knowing how long ago whatever it had been had transpired, if it'd been ten minutes after Jesse had left the house or just before they'd noticed how late the hour had grown. As they walked, Elliott's mind raced with scenarios of various levels of horribleness, though always, it traced back to Paul. Elliott couldn't think of a single other situation in which Jesse could've been overtaken. This was a muggle area, what were the odds he'd been attacked by someone with magic? If he'd been in any other sort of danger, he'd have done something. He'd have had an advantage. But against Paul, that advantage might've vanished, torn from his memory by fear and panic. The only other reason he wouldn't be home was-

spaceElliott stopped, dead in his tracks, face screwing up. No, that wasn't... He wouldn't. Right? Ken's step slowed as he waited for his brother to catch up, then realized he wasn't going to. "Somethin' wrong, Elliott?" he asked, wondering if maybe the younger boy had seen something. His answer was a simple shake of the head, a glare turned down towards the concrete. "It's nothing," the Ravenclaw muttered, and began moving again, pushing past his older brother. Kenneth frowned, picking up his own pace until they were even, matching his brother's step "C'mon, Elli. What's goin' on in that head?" he asked, concerned. Elliott didn't make that expression often, but when he did, it was never good. After a long silence, Elliott spoke. "He can use magic," he said tersely. "And... if something happened to him, he could've done something. He would've done something. The only way he wouldn't was if it'd been Paul. Except I don't think Jesse would be willing to go anywhere in London he thought that arsehole would find him, and... he'd know. People like that, their habits don't change, they don't leave their turf. Not for no reason. The odds... they're so low. It doesn't make sense. But, neither does him being missing, in any other scenarios. So..."

spaceHis jaw clenched. "So maybe he doesn't want to be found," he said quietly. It's not like it'd be hard for Jesse to hide from them, to keep them from finding him. How many stray cats were there in London? All he had to do was lay low until they stopped searching. Kenneth was the one who stopped then, staring at his brother like he'd never seen him before. "Elli, no. That... that don't even make sense," he said, clearly bewildered and ever so slightly disturbed that the brunette had even suggested it. Elliott shook his head. "No, it does. Think about it, he had the perfect cover. Tells me he's going for... for a birthday present. So I'll back off and let him go without me. I would've insisted on going with if it'd been anything else. So he gives himself a whole day alone, where neither of us'll think it's weird that he's been gone. He might not even be in this part of London. He might not even be in London at all. He could be anywhere, and we'd have no way of knowing... It fits. If... if he wanted to... to leave. You wouldn't have let him. You know you wouldn't have." Kenneth stared, jaw gaping. Logically, even he had to admit, it made sense. Or, it almost did. "Except, he didn't wanna leave, Elli," the Southerner insisted. "Ain't no way. Kid loves us. Knows we love him, an' he looks at you like... like yer everything. That don't just change overnight."

spaceElliott opened his mouth to argue, but before he could, a loud, "Excuse me?" sounded from behind them. The pair turned to see a young woman, wearing a name tag, indicating she worked in one of the shops. She approached them nervously, looking back over her shoulder continually. Both men tried to school their expressions, soften them, but Kenneth was, as always, more successful than his brother. "Sorry, ma'am, we're kinda busy-" he started apologetically, but she shook her head. "No, you're... you looked like... like you were looking for someone," she said, seeking confirmation. Kenneth frowned a bit, stepping forward. "We are. Young guy, tall 'n skinny, redhead." Elliott frowned. "Ken, there're lots of tall skinny redheads, that's not helpfu-"

space"No, I saw him!" the woman said, hands wringing together nervously. Elliott's eyes sparked with interest, narrowing on her. This time, he stepped forward, between his brother and the woman, almost desperate. His eyes dipped to her name tag for the briefest of seconds. "Uh, Carol? When... When did you see him?" he asked, barely resisting the urge to close the distance between them, the irrational need to literally shake the information out of her. If he'd thought he could get away with it, he'd have simply looked in her mind, taken what he wanted, but he was underage and she was almost certainly a muggle... He hoped she hadn't heard them talking about magic. But, that worry was a distant one, overridden by the need to know what happened to Jesse. Nervously, she shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her hesitation making Elliott impatient. He nearly snapped before she spoke again. "He was in the shop today. Seemed sweet, but quiet? He, um. The manager asked me to keep an eye on him. She thought... she thought he was, um. Going to steal something. I didn't!" This was tacked on insistently. "I thought... Like I said, he seemed sweet. A bit... rough, maybe? But, um. He came in, looked around, bought something, and left, and I didn't think anything of it. But, a few minutes later, a woman came in, and she had some bags, said they'd been on the street outside, someone must've dropped them. Handed them in, said maybe they'd come back looking for it, and... they were his. The boy's, I mean, the one you're looking for. I remember, because one of them, it's for a shop a little ways down from here, and I kept thinking when I saw him that I really should check the shop out, their displays always look- Anyway. They were his. And, it was all of them, not just one or two bags. That's not... You don't just accidentally misplace everything you're carrying, you know?" She swallowed hard. "I know... that's not terribly helpful, I know, but I thought... it was something." Her hands had raised slightly when she'd spoken, moving animatedly with her words, and now they dropped, as if her strings had been cut, falling uselessly to her sides. "I just. I hope that helps? At all?"

spaceBoth Holts looked a mixture of thoughtful and angry, but Kenneth managed a fair bit of appreciation on top of it, offering his hand to the young woman. "No, that helps. Thank you fer lettin' us know," he said. She nodded, still seeming very nervous. "His bags! I, uh, they're in the shop, if you want them," she said, having already turned away and headed towards the store without waiting for their response. As she retreated, Kenneth glanced at his brother. "Somethin's fishy," he said. "Yer right, ain't no way he just gets in a tight spot." Elliott nodded, feeling an odd mixture of relief and horror. On the one hand, the idea that Jesse had willingly abandoned them- him- had felt like a knife to his heart. On the other hand... if that'd been the case, it'd meant he was gone because he'd wanted to be. Now, knowing that wasn't the case, made him sick. Where the hell was he? What'd happened to him?

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ṃÿ ṃ ï ṉ ḋ ïṡ ṡετ øṉ ø ṿ ε ɾ ḋ ɾ ï ṿ ε
                                                          xxxxxx τhε сløсќ ïṡ l α υ ģ h ï ṉ ģ ïṉ ṃÿ ƒ α с ε
                                                          xxxxxxxxx α с ɾ ø ø ќ ε ḋ ṡρïṉε, ṃÿ ṡ ε ṉ ṡ ε ṡ ḋυllεḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ραṡτ τhε ρ ø ï ṉ τ øƒ ḋ ε l ï ɾ ï υ ṃ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

u s e r n a m e

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:44 pm
User Image
User Image
𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒶

Tori sat on a street bench, waiting for her friend to arrive. She had been feeling a bit lonely lately, with work dying down to the slow season now that school had started up again, and her brother and sister were at Hogwarts without her. That left her pretty much alone most of the time, since her friends all had jobs to do and lives to live. She had taken the initiative though, asking Pru to come shopping with her today. Usually, Tori didn't need to shop around, since she made most of her own clothes, but she figured this would be a fun afternoon to spend with one of her best friends.

Along with her job, Tori had been spending most of her other free time taking care of Rider. Her friend was still recovering from her car accident earlier that summer. Sure, Lyall was there constantly to take care of her, but she would never forgive herself if she didn't at least try to help. But today wasn't about dwelling on sad things like car accidents. It was about catching up with a good friend. Glancing around, the blonde figured Pru should be arriving anytime now.

I can't help it if I make a scene, stepping out of my hot pink limousine. I'm turning heads and I'm stopping traffic.
                                                      When I pose, they scream and when I joke, they laugh. I've got a pair of eyes that they're getting lost in.
                                                      They're hypnotized by my way of walking. I've got them dazzled like a stage magician.
                                                      When I point, they look, and when I talk, they listen. Well, everybody needs a friend,
                                                      And I got you and you and you. So many, I can't even name them, can you blame me? I'm too famous.
                                                      Haven't you noticed that I'm a star? I'm coming into view as the world is turning.
                                                      Haven't you noticed I've made it this far? Now, everyone can see me burning.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:12 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image

p r u d e n c e
b r i g h i d
l o w e r y

purebloodgraduateformer gryffindor

Pru had never been a big one for shopping, but she felt as though she hadn't gotten a chance to have an actual conversation with Tori, who was quite possibly her closest friend aside from her boyfriend, since they had graduated. And graduation, despite just being that past June, seemed like ages ago now, at the start of September. This time last year they would have been back at Hogwarts. Without that grounding force things felt... different. Pru was still waiting to hear back about her application to start her studies as a magizoologist, Addy was still waiting to hear back from the Auror office, and they were both still waiting until they had guaranteed positions to even start looking for a place to move in together. Pru essentially felt that her life was at a momentary standstill, after years of creeping steadily forward. Then again, she reflected with an inward sort of shudder, she was still better off than Rider. She couldn't imagine losing both parents so traumatically, and right after graduating. Thankfully the girl was out of the hospital and recovering at home, but the last time Pru had been to visit her friend had... not looked very well. Physically, she might be getting better, but mentally? Pru had lost her own father so young that she couldn't offer any advice there. How did you move on from something like that? And besides worrying about Rider, she was also worrying about Caty, who had just started her fourth year and spent most of her summer dodging therapy sessions. The brunette tried to put it all out of her mind for the time being as she spotted a familiar blonde figure. "Tori!" she called out, darting around a mother and her unwieldy stroller filled with shopping bags. "Hey," she said breathlessly when she reached the blonde. "How've you been doing?"

OOC:
The Shiny Furret

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:47 pm
User Image
User Image
𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒶

Tori sat on the bench, still waiting. She hoped her friend hadn't gotten lost or anything. She doubted that would happen though. Pru always seemed to know what was going on. She was very collected, contrasting with how scattered Tori could be. It wasn't long after that she heard her name being called out. Turning her head, the blonde spotted her friend running over to her, weaving through the crowd. "Hey Pru! I'm well, how are you? It's so great to see you again!" she exclaimed, standing to hug the other girl. Well, they weren't girls anymore, were they? They were young adults. Time needed to slow down, she thought. "So how are things? How's Addy? And the family? And life and all that?" she asked as if she hadn't seen her friend in years, when in reality it had only been a few months if that.

I can't help it if I make a scene, stepping out of my hot pink limousine. I'm turning heads and I'm stopping traffic.
                                                      When I pose, they scream and when I joke, they laugh. I've got a pair of eyes that they're getting lost in.
                                                      They're hypnotized by my way of walking. I've got them dazzled like a stage magician.
                                                      When I point, they look, and when I talk, they listen. Well, everybody needs a friend,
                                                      And I got you and you and you. So many, I can't even name them, can you blame me? I'm too famous.
                                                      Haven't you noticed that I'm a star? I'm coming into view as the world is turning.
                                                      Haven't you noticed I've made it this far? Now, everyone can see me burning.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:58 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image

p r u d e n c e
b r i g h i d
l o w e r y

purebloodgraduateformer gryffindor

Pru hugged Tori back, taking a step back to look her friend up and down. Something about the other girl made her seem vaguely more mature, but she had no idea what. Maybe it was a difference in the way she held herself? Pru didn't know. "Alright, all things considered," she shrugged. "Addy's fine, angsting about his application being accepted, same as me. The family's fine," They really weren't quite fine but at least Rhys and Caty weren't both going off the deep end at the same time, and at least Kenny had Jojo back. "My stepbrother and his wife just had their second baby- a little girl, Lucia," she remembered to add, belatedly. She'd spent a good portion of her summer looking after her step-nephew. Gid was a good kid, but he was in the throes of insanity most of the time, being three and all. "What about you? Isn't your baby sister starting at Hogwarts this year?" Pru had only really met Tori's brother, Kyson, who was generally not a very happy teenager, once or twice, and she'd never met her sister, Skylar.

OOC:
The Shiny Furret

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:14 am
User Image
                                                  If only I could get into that corner of your head
                                                  Where things finally match and meet the standards that you set
                                                  Oh how I wish I was the treasure that you were lookin' for
                                                  Bet I would feel better if only I could find the door

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

ᙢᘮᘐᘐᒪᗴ || 20 ϒᗴᗩᖇᔕ 〇ᒪᕍ || ᗪᗩﬡᑕᙓᖇ

════════════════════════

Joi walked along the streets with Tommy's hand in hers. She'd wanted to get some shopping done, and with how her work went, she'd finally got some time on the weekend to get it done. Which meant she had to take her youngest brother, but she didn't mind. If nothing else, she hadn't gotten to spend too much time with him, and with Wallis now in school at Hogwarts, she knew Tommy had to be missing Wallis. She missed him, but she figured that was because the flat was a lot emptier without him around. She looked down to Tommy, a smile on her face and her eyebrow cocked curiously. "Well, wot do ya fink? Should we go an' grab somethin' ta ea' now, or wai' till later ta eat?" She started glancing around to see if there was a restaurant they could go to if Tommy said yes. If it wasn't right around here, they could always go a bit further down to grab something to eat. If she recalled correctly, there was a good burger place nearby.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I wonder wot's 'round fer lunch.
                                                  OOC:

Things are goin' crazy and I'm not sure who to blame
                                                  Everything is changing and I do not feel the same
                                                  I'm slippin' through the cracks of floors I thought that were strong
                                                  I'm tryin' to find a place where I can feel like I belong

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:44 pm
        𝑻 𝐻 𝑂 𝑀 𝐴 𝑆 . 𝑴 𝐶 𝐺 𝑅 𝐸 𝐺 𝑂 𝑅
        ═════════════════════════════════❖❖❖
        𝑬 𝐷 𝑅 𝐼 𝐶 . 𝑹 𝐸 𝑀 𝐼 𝑁 𝐺 𝑇 𝑂 𝑁 . 𝑵 𝑂 𝑇 𝑇

User Image
____

Normally, Tommy would have been complaining. Number one, he's not a little kid anymore. Number two, he does not need to be holding hands with his big sister! (But he sort've didn't mind this time around.) After all of the craziness, he liked feeling safe. Joi always made him feel safe. He still wasn't sure what had happened over the summer, not really. It didn't make sense and it was starting to feel more like a bad dream than history. But more than anything, he missed Wallis. Why did he have to go away to some magic school out of the country? It wasn't fair. He didn't mind so much when Leon was gone; he wasn't fun to be around anyway. Wallis was much better, he actually liked playing games with him. But Wallis was weird now, different. Will he turn into a mean grouch like Leon now? Hmph. Tommy hoped not. ”Ummmm,“ he didn't seem to be paying too much attention at first, his eyes were focused on a pair of bright blue Nike trainers in a store window. ”Wait wot? Oh yeah! Can we 'ave icecream? Pleasepleaseplease?” He didn't wait for her to convince him to give up. He knew it was a losing battle from the start but that bloke just walked by with an ice cream cone and he had to ask! ”Alwigh' Calvin Klein, burgers and jockey's whips then.”

Tommy stopped and paused, not only because there was an older man who looked vaguely familiar, but this vaguely familiar man happened to be headed straight in their direction even crossing the road to meet them. He was holding hands with a kid too, a girl that looked like the same age as him. ”Aint that the bloomin' bloke 'oo sold ya the flat?” It didn't take long for Tommy to connect the dots, it wasn't like there were that many fancy blokes he'd met in his short eight years of life.

”Joi! Tommy, hey!” Victor smiled and waved, but Tommy couldn't figure out why. It's not like they were friends, were they? Tommy looked up at Joi waiting for a reaction. Was this good? Bad? He didn't know yet. ”This is my little sister, Ophelia. Elia, say hi.” Her nose wrinkled when she smiled and said 'hullo'. Tommy thought it weird that he noticed. ”I'm sorry—we didn't mean to interrupt. I just saw you and wanted to come over...”

”You smell funny.” Tommy blurted out. ”Like too much cologne.” Suddenly, it felt like the wrong thing to say because Victor was blinking and saying “Ummmm.” like how adults do when they want to curse but can't.

╔═════════════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Fall of 2036
【WHERE:: London
【WITH WHO:: Joi, Victor, Ophelia
╚═════════════════════════╝

Diamond Wales

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:47 pm
User Image
                                                  If only I could get into that corner of your head
                                                  Where things finally match and meet the standards that you set
                                                  Oh how I wish I was the treasure that you were lookin' for
                                                  Bet I would feel better if only I could find the door

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

ᙢᘮᘐᘐᒪᗴ || 20 ϒᗴᗩᖇᔕ 〇ᒪᕍ || ᗪᗩﬡᑕᙓᖇ

════════════════════════

Joi gave Tommy a lopsided smile as she ruffled his hair. "Only if ya decide ta ea' all yer lunch firs'. I ain' 'aving ya jus' stuff yerself on ice cream." She then started leading Tommy toward the restaurant, figuring that thankfully they should have enough to cover the treat.

She did pause, however, when she felt Tommy stop, her eyebrows knitting together to look toward where Tommy was looking himself. She felt her face heat up as she realized who he was indicating. She gave Victor a smile, and waved toward the little girl he was with. She could empathise with watching siblings well enough.
                                                  "Wotcher Ophelia. I'm Joi, an' this 'ere's Tommy. Nice ta meetcha." Her blush felt like it intensified the moment she heard Victor state he wanted to come over to see her and then blinked when Tommy told him he smelled funny. "Oi, Tommy, ya need ta be nice ta adults. 'Less they 'appen ta try somethin' fishy." She then glanced toward Victor again, and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "We were jus' 'bout ta go grab somethin' ta ea'. Ya wanna join us or summi'? Tommy's go' 'is 'eart set on ice cream."

════════════════════════

Thinking: I wonder wot's 'round fer lunch.
                                                  OOC:

Things are goin' crazy and I'm not sure who to blame
                                                  Everything is changing and I do not feel the same
                                                  I'm slippin' through the cracks of floors I thought that were strong
                                                  I'm tryin' to find a place where I can feel like I belong

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:42 am
User Image
User Image

What am I doing? He asked himself, perhaps for the tenth time since he crossed the street. He has a fiancee. A woman who –probably doesn't care at all about him– but she was beautiful and obedient and, perhaps most important of all, purer in blood than his family. In some ways, that was both mortifying and exhilarating; that a family legacy can exist as long as hers had and be so well documented, and so on the verge of inbred monstrosity that strangers had to be thoroughly vetted for fear of marrying a too close of a cousin rather than a cousin-cousin-nephew. Honestly, the mental gymnastics to justify this ridiculousness was exhausting. But money was money. And he so did love money. Which was why he gave in to his parents at every turn. Except, maybe, for this one.

”Pleasure to meet you both,” Ophelia had said sweetly. Tommy swiveled his head back and forth watching the exchange and Victor was busy trying not to say anything stupid. Especially when the boy complained of how he smelled. Lord. He didn't spray that much cologne on, did he? Inconspicuously he tried to smell himself, but was only getting a strong whiff of grilled meats from a restaurant two doors down.

Tommy huffed, but at least he wasn't told to apologize. He did roll his eyes and shrug his shoulders, and mumbled something like ”Smells fishy tho.” But Victor acted as though he hadn't heard. Figured it was easier that way.

”We'd love too, actually. We just finished shopping for Elia's dance recital in a few weeks. She's going to be a sugar plum fairy.” Victor ignored his sister staring up at him. He knew what she wanted to ask. 'Why are we spending time with these muggles? Can't we go home?' And that was precisely the reason why they stayed (well, mostly.) Ophelia was never around children her own age, nor was she ever around muggles. It'd be good for her to socialize, he told himself. He was just being a good older brother. ”I've heard good things about that place,” he said as he pointed out a local restaurant. ”And I'm preeeeetty sure they have ice cream too.” At least that seemed to perk up the kids because now they seemed to be engrossed in a discussion of which flavor is the best 'chocolate or cookies n' cream.' ”So... Joi... How have you been? How are you and the kids liking your new home?”

╔═══════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Fall of 2036
【WHERE:: London
【WITH WHO:: Ophelia, Joi, Tommy
╚═══════════════════╝

Diamond Wales

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Now she's showing me mercy as much as she can
                                            She's letting me live with my demons
                                            See her washing her hands as she's walking away!
                                            Oh, but still she looks back, she looks back-
                                            But she's leaving, she's leaving...

Eᴜɢᴇɴᴇ Pᴏʀᴛʟᴀɴᴅ Wɪɴᴅsᴏʀix
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
                                            Ravenclaw AlumnusHalfbloodWitch WatcherRaccoon Animagusxxx

「 Fall 2037 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jean was slowly getting to the process of accepting that yeah, maybe breaking up with his first love wasn't the end of the world (at least that's what Elijah told him). It's been several months since he broke up with Cathy, and so he didn't contact her ever since. Hell, even going to the hospital was like walking to the enemy landmine, because he sure as hell knew that David Lord-Prat Avery will chew him out until his ears bleed. Also, Jean may or may have to calm his dad down if the man thought that his son was going to get himself wasted, which didn't happen because Jean was one responsible Scotsman and he also didn't want to die. To hell with that.

He was off-duty until tomorrow and Jean needed a walk because usually he spent most of the time at home- sleeping and drawing as per usual. But hey, even Witch Watchers needs a breather episode. Sure, Aurors have everything but Watchers like him do their share of works, by working with someone they don't like (e.g Morven and Elliot in Jean's standards). And as far as Jean was concerned, the Wizarding World was just as weird and dramatic like some crime tv series, but those words came from Auror Matteo. Obviously. Because he's a smartass... if he get pissy, that is.

He was going to hang-out with Danica, as he texted her to ask if she was free. Fast forward and they will be meeting once again, but he still feel awkward about telling Eli what he's up to, if he ever tried asking Jean. The Scot felt like he needed to give an explanation as to why he was hanging out with his best mate's ex-girlfriend, not that it matter because he thought that Eli and Camilla were seeing each other. He took the muggle way of transportation to go to London and went to the spot they were supposed to meet, because this cafe was second-best to his parents' cafe business. Obviously.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            with [Danica (soon)] at [outside the cafe]

SINGLEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ooc

When you're forgiving but you can't forget-
                                            Feels like you're drowning but you still got breath
                                            And we've been tryna lay this ghost to rest
                                            Oh, but there ain't no getting out of this mess!
                                            What's done is done, can't resurrect the setting sun
                                            What's done is done, you can't reverse the bullet from a gun

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:02 pm
User Image

Alarms will ring for eternity
                                                The waves will break every chain on me
                                                My bones will bleach
                                                My flesh will flee
                                                So help my lifeless frame to breathe

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴇᴄᴇɴᴛ Gʀᴀᴅᴜᴀᴛᴇ || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Dani was amazed when Jean texted her, it had been a while since she heard from her old friend from school. Admittedly she'd been quite busy being an Apprentice Healer at St. Mungo's, in addition to keeping up her relationship with Andy, and she'd been meaning to call him anyway after learning how he and Cathy parted ways.

As much as she loved Cathy, she knew her friend sometimes had a casual relationship with the truth, especially when it came to things where she ended up on short end of the stick. It was one of the reasons why Cathy and Elijah (her boyfriend previous to Andy) were no longer on speaking terms, and hadn't been in years. Not that her own relationship with Eli was too much better. She hadn't invited him to the party she and Bella threw when they got their place in Cotswold (in all honesty, she'd just plain old forgot), and felt incredibly guilty over it for a while afterward, especially since she tried to spin it as a way to spare them all the whole 'old boyfriend meets new boyfriend' drama, which just reminded everyone what a lousy liar she was, and sent Eli an apology.

Coming straight off of work, Dani was dressed in a stereotypical white jacket which physicians would be seen wearing, a bright lime green sweater with charcoal gray slacks and a pair of black leather flats. Cathy would have described her as dressing for her grandpa, but she wanted to look professional as she'd worked very hard to establish herself as a Healer and tried to look the part. Rather than Apparate, Dani took a bus and got off at the stop not far from where she and Jean were supposed to meet.

Her eyes lit up when she spotted her old friend, she waved and called out to him, "Jean!" in a cheery tone as she approached. Without hesitation or reservation, she leaned him, and gave him a warm hug. "Jean," she told him in a softer tone. "It's so good to see you again. Feels like its been forever since we've hung out together."

[quote:"Jade Galaksylph"]

════════════════════════

OOC:

And God knows I'm not dying but I bleed now
                                                And God knows it's the only way to heal now
                                                With all the blood I lost with you
                                                It drowns the love I thought I knew

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:33 am
                                            I could have been easier on you, I could have been all you held onto
                                            I know I wasn't fair, I tried my best to care about you
                                            I know I could have been a better man but I always had to have the upper hand
                                            I'm struggling to see the better side of me, but I can't take all your jabs and taunts
                                            You're pointing out my every fault and you wonder why I walked away...
                                            Eᴜɢᴇɴᴇ Pᴏʀᴛʟᴀɴᴅ "Jᴇᴀɴ" Wɪɴᴅsᴏʀix
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
                                            Ravenclaw AlumnusHalfbloodWitch WatcherRaccoon Animagusxxx

「 Fall 2037 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jean was fiddling with his old military cap when he heard someone calling out his name, immediately looking up to see Danica... who was wearing something doctors in TV shows would wear. Then again, Jean had thought that she was the type to be dressing to impress or something like that. But the young Scot didn't really care, as he wasn't one to judge people's fashion if his wardrobe was simply jackets, shirts, pants, and boots. So, he realy can't talk... But the lady in Madam Malkin's can. Or that Stylish Scandinavian manning the Potion Shop where Jean buys some medical potions sometimes.

The hug from the former Gryffindor was really uncalled for, then again Jean was a total introvert- let alone a really reserved one. But hey, he was best mates with a cuckoolander and was an ex-boyfriend to a famous Quidditch player, so he was kind of used to it nowadays. Patting Danica awkwardly on the back, Jean managed a small chuckle. "Same here, too. Sorry, bein' quite busy saving the United Kingdom." 'And shoving howlers away from my desk, I guess.' He dryly thought, since Jean never knew how his ex's fans could be so aggressive. Hell, even Eli was upset and more honest about it, which was why Jean loved him as his best friend. "Promoted to a full-fledged Healer, I assume? Because I'm really getting that vibe from you, which is nice. So... after you?" He gestured to the cafe's door, suggesting that she can enter first... If she want to.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            « with [Danica] at [outside the cafe] »

PERSONAL INFOOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            new fresh pic so that he can look 22 for real 8D

When you tell me I'm a wreck, you say that I'm a mess-
                                            How could you expect anything less?
                                            You latched onto me then cried that I strung you along.
                                            I told you when you asked, I knew this wouldn't last.
                                            At least I could be honest about that.
                                            And now you're telling everyone how I only did you wrong.
                                            Still I see you standing there, waiting 'round for me to fall.
                                            Girl, you must be crazy, still believing you and me belong.
                                            I guess you never knew me at all!

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:36 pm
User Image

Alarms will ring for eternity
                                                The waves will break every chain on me
                                                My bones will bleach
                                                My flesh will flee
                                                So help my lifeless frame to breathe

User Image

════════════════════════

APPRENTICEHEALER || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

When her friend managed an awkward pat on her back, it was a reminder anew for Dani not all of her friends were comfortable with such tactile familiarity. Seeing Jean once more underscored for her how long ago her school days were, and how much she missed them and those friendships. Jean mentioning how he was saving the United Kingdom, had Dani chuckling, and she jibed kiddingly, "Ah, yes, a right an' proper James Bond, you are, Jean. Please don't tell me the staff here knows you like your vodka martinis shaken nor stirred."

When he asked about her work, she answered, "Not quite; I get to take the 'apprentice' tag off next year. Hard to believe its been five years since I started there. Speaking of which, I just got off shift at the hospital, but I still wanted to look ... you know, professional, and I really didn't want to be hanging out in scrubs."

Dani got the door to the cafe, and waited to step inside with her friend. "Never been in here before," she confessed. "If you've got any recommendations on what to get, I'm open to just about anything."

[quote:"Jade Galaksylph"]

════════════════════════

OOC:

And God knows I'm not dying but I bleed now
                                                And God knows it's the only way to heal now
                                                With all the blood I lost with you
                                                It drowns the love I thought I knew

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              ℓσνє, gιммє ℓσνє, gιммє ℓσνє - ι ∂σи'т иєє∂ ιт
                                              вυт ι'ℓℓ тαкє ωнαт ι ωαит fяσм уσυя нєαят
                                              αи∂ ι'ℓℓ кєєρ ιт ιи α вαg, ιи α вσχ
                                              ρυт αи χ σи тнє fℓσσя - gιммє мσяє, gιммє мσяє, gιммє мσяє
                                              ѕнυт υρ αи∂ ѕιиg ιт ωιтн мє

spaceWandering around London on a mission, Merc thought, was usually a lot more interesting than it was today. Of course, normally her missions involved things like odd curio shops, or hardware stores, or on rare occasions, things involving chemicals that she definitely should not have been allowed to purchase as a teenager (it was fortunate for her that her eldest sister was so indulgent). Today was decidedly more mundane, though at least she had pleasant company. A couple years ago, the idea of going anywhere with Glynn would've mortified her (and in fact had, when Tiernan had suggested as much). Nowadays, she found she actually liked his company, if only because he was hilarious when surrounded by muggle things. Which was honestly part of the reason she was so interested in buying a proper, muggle suit for Alby's wedding, rather than some stuffy dress robes (the first time she'd seen a set, she'd nearly died laughing. Thank God she wasn't expected to wear them). Dragging the poor technologically impaired wizard around Muggle London was sure to be entertaining, if nothing else.

spaceStill, she despised clothes shopping. And wasn't even really sure where to begin with this, since she'd never worn anything approaching formal attire in her life. The closest she'd ever gotten was her bloody uniform, for crying out loud! Glancing about the street, her eyes narrowed on a few shops that looked to sell formal wear. She wished she could tell what the price ranges would be just by looking in the windows, but alas. She didn't know the first thing about fashion. Looking towards her companion, she pouted.
                                              "I don't even know where to bloody start," she said, huffing dramatically. "They all look the bloody same to me! D'ya think Tiernan will notice if I show up in something cheap? She probably wouldn't say anything, but still. If we're trying to rile up her relatives I don't wanna give 'em an easy target for looking down their noses." It wasn't so much that she cared what anyone thought about her, far from it. It was more like, getting under their skin was so much more satisfying if she could wiggle her way there without them having the easy excuse of her upbringing. Her mere existence bothered them, she was sure, but she liked to think her personality spoke for itself. Loudly. It was no fun for her if they were going to determine she was some poor mudblood and be annoyed at that, since they'd undoubtedly just ignore her at that point. If that happened, they'd miss out on all the other, perfectly valid things they could be annoyed at. She might be obnoxious, but at least she knew how to own that.

spaceHumming a little, she tried to see if she could determine the worth of any of the shops based on the people going in or out. Still, no such luck. If it was business wear or something your mother wore on the weekends, it all looked pretty much the same to her. Stuffy, boring adult clothes. Ick. No offense to Glynn, of course. Somehow he made it almost endearing that he dressed like a grandpa.
                                              "Then again," she said very suddenly, as if there hadn't been a great pause between her previous statement and the next, "I'd bet it'll be pretty hard for 'em to look down at me, at all, right? Eh?" She grinned, elbowing him lightly. Then, because she couldn't resist, she added, "'Cause I'm freakishly tall, and all." He'd probably been well aware of exactly what she'd meant, but she couldn't help herself. She was actually sort of nervous about this and when she was nervous, she rambled. A lot. A fact he was well acquainted with, so at least it shouldn't take him by surprise.

σн, ℓєт мє тєℓℓ уσυ 'вσυт тнє ѕα∂ мαи
                                              ѕнυт υρ αи∂ ℓєт мє ѕєє уσυя נαzz нαи∂ѕ
                                              яємємвєя ωнєи уσυ ωєяє α мα∂мαи
                                              тнσυgнт уσυ ωαѕ вαтмαи αи∂ нιт тнє ραяту
                                              ωιтн α gαѕ ¢αи - кιѕѕ мє уσυ αиιмαℓ

wнere - Carnaby Street
                                              wнen - Winter 2040
                                              wιтн - Glynn
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers