Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
London Shopping District ~ Street ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:50 pm
User Image
                                                  I got a long way to go
                                                  And a long memory
                                                  I been searching for an answer
                                                  Always just out of reach
                                                  Blood on the floor
                                                  Sirens repeat
                                                  I been searching for the courage
                                                  To face my enemies

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ || Bᴇɴᴛ ɴᴏᴛ Bʀᴏᴋᴇɴ

════════════════════════

Glynn wandered along right behind Merc, raising an eyebrow at her as she mentioned not knowing where to start. He wasn't sure where to start either, though that was more because he was rarely in muggle London. The last time he was, well, he was sure that most people didn't appreciate going to films only to have someone yelling at the screen the entire time. However, he couldn't quite understand why muggles had moving pictures that didn't actually notice what was going on around them. He also had a hard time understanding how exactly some things muggles possessed worked, but then again, if he had ever been interested in muggle culture, that had been quashed by... Well, someone that wasn't around anymore.

Besides, he'd undertaken the task of having to clear out some things from his grand-no, his house, and realized it was harder than he thought boxing things up that were his relatives'. He honestly needed the break from it, since he hadn't asked Ivar to help since it wasn't Ivar's job to help him with that. He knew his relatives on the other side of his family had offered, but he didn't feel right having Bjekles packing up anything of the Llewellyn side of his family. It was bad enough that there were times he didn't feel like he should touch any of it, but then reason prevailed since if he didn't do it, then who would?

He looked slightly bemused by the idea of Merc deciding to go to Tiernan's wedding in something cheap and shook his head.
                                                  "No, I think it'd be a bit much if you did show up in something cheap. Muggle, well, I'm pretty sure that will get them agitated anyway." He just hoped they were nothing like his... Well, they couldn't be that bad. There was no way. He doubted they would have let Darian or Rowan act anything like they had if they were that bad. "If you're certain about riling them up, I'd suggest something well-made and proper enough to show that you're not only muggle-born, but well off for a muggleborn." Which suddenly made him wince as he realized that if he were to show up at the wedding in something befitting his station... Well, he was tempted to ask Jeremy if he could take Glynn shopping instead of his aunt. He wasn't quite comfortable enough to wear anything that suggested that he was still in control of Glynn's life.

When she added the bit about his height, he snorted. He and Merc were probably some of the tallest people in their respective classes, and it was hard to not look down at someone when they towered over the person doing the looking. He wondered vaguely if Roald would have had trouble looking down at him, and then realized it wouldn't have mattered. He'd looked down at everyone.
                                                  "It'd be easier than you think. If someone was that intent, they would find a way to show contempt." He shook himself out of such musings because he didn't need to go there. He'd spent way too many years delving into that part of his mind and he wanted to focus on something happy for once.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, you can't get further from pureblood than here...
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

If I fall, get knocked down
                                                  Pick myself up off the ground
                                                  When they turn down the lights
                                                  I hear my battle symphony
                                                  All the world in front of me
                                                  If my armor breaks
                                                  I'll fuse it back together

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:06 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              ℓσνє, gιммє ℓσνє, gιммє ℓσνє - ι ∂σи'т иєє∂ ιт
                                              вυт ι'ℓℓ тαкє ωнαт ι ωαит fяσм уσυя нєαят
                                              αи∂ ι'ℓℓ кєєρ ιт ιи α вαg, ιи α вσχ
                                              ρυт αи χ σи тнє fℓσσя - gιммє мσяє, gιммє мσяє, gιммє мσяє
                                              ѕнυт υρ αи∂ ѕιиg ιт ωιтн мє

spaceMerc rolled her eyes ever so slightly at her friend, very deliberately slowing so that they would be in step with one another so she could bump her hip against his. "Alright, but how'm I s'posed to know what's well-made and what isn't, hm?" She wasn't really sure she qualified as 'well-off' by the standards of Tiernan's family, far from it actually. But it wasn't like her parents were dirt poor or anything. Still, they liked to bargain shop and she'd never been one to complain about it. Now, she found herself wondering if she should've asked Hope to meet her. She and her middle sister might not get along great, but the woman was at least helpful, and had good, if boring, taste. "Have you ever seen me, not in uniform, wearing something that looked like I knew the first thing about clothes? Hm? If it's not falling apart at the seams it works for me- and hey, sometimes, even if it is. Distressed is a thing, you know." Actually, knowing Glynn, he probably very much didn't know. His fashion sense ran from 'this is my school uniform' to 'this is basically the same thing as my school uniform but it's actually my casual clothes and you can tell because it's the wrong colors/some of it is plaid'. Which was fine, but not helpful right now.

spaceShe hummed faintly, noticing a shop that looked reasonably nice. Or, maybe she was imagining that it did. Whatever, they'd figure it out.
                                              "Okay, so I figure, nice clothes are about the quality of the fabric and the craftsmanship, right? That can't be that different between magical and muggle, can it? So... You dress nice-ish most of the time, you ought to be able to look at some seams on some slacks and say 'this'll do', yeah?" This line of reasoning was part of why she'd wanted to do this shopping trip with Glynn. There were plenty of other reasons, but that was the most practical one.

spaceShe gestured to the shop she'd spotted, then grabbed his arm and drug him over to it, pointing into the window.
                                              "Worth going inside? Or nah?" she asked, arching a brow. After a faint pause, she grinned cheekily. "Wow, I feel like a butch Pretty Woman right now." Not that Glynn would have the faintest idea what to do with that reference, but whatever. She was willing to bet that whoever was running the place in question would certainly treat her at least as bad as Julia Roberts. One would think teenagers wouldn't garner the same level of suspicion that hookers did, but she'd been proven wrong on that count before. Actually, come to think of it, maybe she should sit Glynn down and make him watch the film. He'd be horribly confused. It'd be hilarious.

σн, ℓєт мє тєℓℓ уσυ 'вσυт тнє ѕα∂ мαи
                                              ѕнυт υρ αи∂ ℓєт мє ѕєє уσυя נαzz нαи∂ѕ
                                              яємємвєя ωнєи уσυ ωєяє α мα∂мαи
                                              тнσυgнт уσυ ωαѕ вαтмαи αи∂ нιт тнє ραяту
                                              ωιтн α gαѕ ¢αи - кιѕѕ мє уσυ αиιмαℓ

wнere - Carnaby Street
                                              wнen - Winter 2040
                                              wιтн - Glynn
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:52 pm
User Image
                                                  I got a long way to go
                                                  And a long memory
                                                  I been searching for an answer
                                                  Always just out of reach
                                                  Blood on the floor
                                                  Sirens repeat
                                                  I been searching for the courage
                                                  To face my enemies

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ || Bᴇɴᴛ ɴᴏᴛ Bʀᴏᴋᴇɴ

════════════════════════

Glynn looked over to Merc, thinking of her statement about how she was able to tell something was well-made or not. He'd instantly thought of anything made by a tailor qualified, but a part of him rebelled at the idea of anyone sizing him up. Last time that happened, well... However, he had more of an idea, since even his grandparents didn't exactly let him look shabby. Okay, maybe his clothes looked as though they belonged more to someone in a retirement community as a result, but they were comfortable. However, he shook his head at her comment about distressed clothing. "My grandparents would have thrown a fit if I had come in with tears in my clothes. Then again, I wasn't particularly active when I was younger. I don't think I did anything dangerous until I played quidditch and well, I'm not sure if they ended up mending any of my clothes when I was in the sport."

When Merc started mentioning hpw she thought well-made clothes would be like, Glynn gave a nod in agreement. That sounded about right. His clothes when he was living with... living with him had a much different feel than what he'd worn before. Like he wasn't comfortable in them. He doubted that that would help Merc out any, but it was a start, right? "I think I can. I've worn more... expensive pieces before, but I can probably recognise when something's of good quality or not. It can't be worse than having house-elves size you up and make you wear something uncomfortable." He doubted very much that Merc would want something uncomfortable, and at least she had a say in her clothing choices.

His arm was grabbed suddenly and Glynn was dragged over to a shop that Merc was looking at, causing him to blink and look in the shop before frowning at Merc's mention of a 'pretty woman'. His face flushed and wondered what she meant by butch anything, and it wasn't like she wasn't pretty or anything. Unique more came to mind, but he wouldn't classify her as anything but pretty.
                                                  "Pretty... Why are you feeling like a butch pretty woman? That's one of the oddest comments I have ever heard." And that was including the times Jeremy had made mention of any clothing choices Glynn could wear back when he'd originally gotten his hair dyed. Granted, they weren't bad choices, but they were rather out there.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, you can't get further from pureblood than here...
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

If I fall, get knocked down
                                                  Pick myself up off the ground
                                                  When they turn down the lights
                                                  I hear my battle symphony
                                                  All the world in front of me
                                                  If my armor breaks
                                                  I'll fuse it back together

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

ℓσνє, gιммє ℓσνє, gιммє ℓσνє - ι ∂σи'т иєє∂ ιт
                                              вυт ι'ℓℓ тαкє ωнαт ι ωαит fяσм уσυя нєαят
                                              αи∂ ι'ℓℓ кєєρ ιт ιи α вαg, ιи α вσχ
                                              ρυт αи χ σи тнє fℓσσя - gιммє мσяє, gιммє мσяє, gιммє мσяє
                                              ѕнυт υρ αи∂ ѕιиg ιт ωιтн мє

spaceMerc practically cackled when Glynn spoke of his grandparent's reaction to ruined clothes, thinking of her own parents. "I think it's a good thing my parents were so mellow about that stuff. I don't think there was a single item of clothing I ever grew out of, I managed to destroy them all before it happened. And it wasn't from lack of growing, either." She skipped lightly as she spoke, thinking back on all the clothes she'd had as a kid. There probably wasn't a single outfit that didn't end up with a hole in it somewhere, or something spilled on it, or any manner of other ill fate that could befall clothing. "All I did was dangerous stuff! But then, you already knew that." She grinned ear-to-ear. Having him over to her place for experiments in her back yard had certainly been illuminating, to say the least. She liked to think she'd accomplished her goal, which was to get him to let out some of his repressed feelings over... well. Whatever, he seemed much more relaxed since then, so she figured it must've helped some. Plus, he had a standing invitation to come over for a repeat whenever. She just had to be home, because if her parents tried to help him they were liable to destroy the yard and probably the house along with it. She might be a crazy pyromaniac, but at least she was a responsible crazy pyromaniac.

spaceShe was pleased to hear him more or less confirm her theory, that he would be able to recognize decent quality clothing based on the fabric and stitching. She wouldn't know the first thing, unless it felt like a burlap sack or was obviously crooked. Even then, she couldn't be sure. Some 'nice' clothing was itchy as hell, and sometimes crooked seams were fashionable, for some reason. She wasn't going to pretend to understand it.
                                              "I'm just glad that Alby didn't ask me to wear a dress," she said, shuddering slightly. "I'd have done it in a heartbeat, obviously, 'cause I'm a good friend. But he's a good friend, too, 'cause he ain't makin' me."

spaceShe snorted faintly when, as predicted, her reference to an extremely well-known and beloved movie went right over his head. "Pretty Woman. It's a film," she told him. "Old classic. Hooker gives man directions, man picks up hooker, man decides to pay hooker to be his fake-date for social obligations for a week. They fall in love. It's a whole thing." She waved her hand dismissively. The movie certainly wasn't her cup of tea, but she'd seen it enough times thanks to Hope and her mum. "Anyway, there's a scene in it where the guy needs her to look presentable, so he gives her some cash and tells her to go buy a dress. She's walking around this nice-arse shopping district dressed like... well, a hooker. And she doesn't really know what she's doing, so she's totally in over her head. So, like. Obviously I'm her right now. Except butch, because... well. You know." Did Glynn know what butch meant? She would've thought that sort of vocabulary was fairly accessible, but then again, he had weird knowledge gaps. Weird to her, anyway. She guessed he probably thought her knowledge gaps were weird, too.

spaceShe tugged his arm.
                                              "Anyway. C'mon, let's look and see if we can find anything. If we actually get this done quickly we might be able to do something, like. Fun, before I have to get back to the village and whatnot." Merc led them into the shop, making a beeline for the formal attire. Honesty, the quicker they finished clothes shopping, the better. Clothes shopping always made her twitch. Couldn't she just live in jeans and t-shirts forever? Or maybe she'd join a nudist colony and do away with the whole clothes thing altogether. That was an idea.

σн, ℓєт мє тєℓℓ уσυ 'вσυт тнє ѕα∂ мαи
                                              ѕнυт υρ αи∂ ℓєт мє ѕєє уσυя נαzz нαи∂ѕ
                                              яємємвєя ωнєи уσυ ωєяє α мα∂мαи
                                              тнσυgнт уσυ ωαѕ вαтмαи αи∂ нιт тнє ραяту
                                              ωιтн α gαѕ ¢αи - кιѕѕ мє уσυ αиιмαℓ

wнere - Carnaby Street
                                              wнen - Winter 2040
                                              wιтн - Glynn
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:49 pm
Been traveling in packs that I can't carry anymore
Been waiting for somebody else to carry me
There's nothing else there for me at my door
All the people I know aren't who they used to be

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Sαłeм'š Ałυм ▨ Mυggłeвøяи ▨ Tħeαтeя Aššıšтαит

☯⚝ϟPuck was surprised to see Dris thumping his head against the door frame (or at least that's what she thought he was doing from the noise he was making and the odd color on his forehead) but was even more when he actually apologized for them almost walking out on her bill. "I don't think I would've actually gotten into trouble, more like I would've had to sit through a few hours of disappointment sighing." she explained with a wry smirk. Her mom wasn't one to lay guilt trips because she didn't think they actually accomplished anything, but she could lay on the disappointment like a thick blanket. And while this stuff wasn't wholly important at the exact moment, for her mom to randomly give her the list right as she was leaving meant she had to be up to something odd and time consuming. Which just meant if she didn't get the stuff she'd hear her huffing like a five year old for the rest of the evening and then all would be forgotten by yoga the next morning. But it was cute he was worried, and she would've told him so had his uncle not already shown himself to be the berkiest of berks outside berkdom.

Puck had no idea why she had thought to grab his hand when she could've just pulled on his shirt or even just motioned for him to follow but at the time, it had felt like the right thing. Plus the way Dris still hadn't dropped it and had even rearranged their hands to fit better had her very conflicted if she could successful hide a blush behind a crate of ingredients. At his apology for his uncle, was this the second or third for the poor guy?, she just shook her head as they continued towards the alley's brick exit. "It's fine, I'm rather accustomed to weird. But he's not gonna, y'know, making anything weird for you and your family is he?" she asked suddenly concerned. While yeah, she could see the hilarity in this situation and honestly couldn't wait to get within a hundred meters of a cell tower to alert as many people as possible, poor Dris may not feel the same. Especially with so much of his family cohabiting and working in Diagon, he wouldn't want allll of them knowing his business.

When they reached the brick wall, she unfortunately had to let go of his hand to switch the crate over to her left so she could use her wand to tap out the right formation. As much as she liked to sometimes s**t talk the backwards ways Britain ran their wizard stuff, she kinda liked the smokes and mirrors hidden in plain sight approach they took to certain stuff. Case in point, the brick wall that just opened up and no one noticed two young adults walking through. Pretty ******** cool in her opinion.

Once they were through, Puck took back Dris' hand, not blushing it was the sun she swore, and led them about a block away to the usual location of her favorite food cart. Luckily he didn't have a really long line so when she eagerly dragged them over already inhaling the sweet sugary scent, she could also look over the handwritten sign of the day's special. Oooo, the banana berry treat looked especially good to her. "Which one are you going to get? Are you a sweet guy or a more savory guy?" she asked swinging their conjoined hands slightly.

Miss GryffindorK

And if I try to change my life one more day
There would be nobody else to save
And I can't change into a person I don't wanna be, so
Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Streets of London
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Puck
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Taking a Lunch Break
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Oooh Crepes

Dris grinned a little bit when Puck said her mum wouldn't be mad, but she'd have gotten the disapointed treatment. It was one he knew all too well. "Ahh, the sappish 'I'm not mad, only disappointed' one? I got that treatment really awful once when I accidentally painted half the Great Hall overnight. That had to make for a fun letter home. Still lucky I avoided a howler on that one." He grinned, thinking that was still his magnum opus. Maybe someday he'd create something bigger and better. Probably not as surprising, though, given that one had surprised even himself.

After she'd said she was used to weird (though weird wasn't nearly strong enough to describe the forces of his family), he grinned a bit more, this time showing the dimples that only showed up when he was genuinely smiling. Something Milo had always called "absolutely precious" even though the younger Abrams hadn't ever seen the appeal. She'd asked if Loki was going to make his life hell, and Dris couldn't help the bark-like burst of nervous laughter. "I'd be genuinely surprised if my entire family doesn't already know. In fact, my only glimmer of hope is that he's definitely still at work, since I'm his only assistant. Don't worry, I'm sure my cousins or sister will give them something to giggle about soon enough." He shrugged, glad that she hadn't removed her hand in disgust. He probably would have, given he was pretty sure he was sweating through his hand exclusively now.

When they got to the barricade wall beside the Leaky, Puck slipped her hand away to adjust her grip. While she was distracted with the wall, he scrubbed his hands furiously on the sides of his pants, hoping to dry them (and perhaps remove additional paint flecks). The wall opened up and the duo stepped out, Dris having ducked on instinct, despite knowing the frame was well taller than he was. After they were into London, Puck grabbed his hand back, which made Dris bite his lip in order to not smile like an absolute git. He walked alongside her as they navigated their way to a nice little cart that was producing the most incredible scents. It took all of his willpower not to drool right then. He was broken from his reverie by Puck asking what he wanted. "Oh sweet, definitely. Especially if that's what's making such a heavenly smell. Banana berry? I can justify it as healthy, right?" He laughed, very sincerely doubting it'd be anything close. Luckily, he never had the problem of needing to watch his weight, well... he didn't have to worry about gaining weight anyway. He was pretty much excluded from the team's diet strategies because they didn't get close to his daily caloric intake... or whatever. He just ate when he was hungry... which lately was all the time. Oh well.

Yukina101

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ
Oɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʟᴏɴᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ʀᴏᴠᴇʀ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ᴄᴀʀᴅs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ꜰɪʀsᴛ-ᴄʟᴀss ʟᴇᴛ-ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴀ "sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ, sɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ"
I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴄᴀsᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ᴏꜰ ʙᴏᴏᴍ. Iᴛ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀʀʀɪᴠɪɴɢ,
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇʀᴀ, ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛᴜɴᴇ
Oʜ, ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs? Oʜ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴀ Pᴏʟᴀʀᴏɪᴅ
Bᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀɴ ꜰɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:06 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck really wanted to hear the full story of Dris supposedly painting an entire hall in one night, but she put it on the back burner since crepes were the important issue at hand. She still winced though when he admitted that his entire family might know regardless but that he hoped his sister and cousins might help with any flack. "Urgh, that still sucks though, dude. But he seems like a cool guy, ignoring five minutes ago, sooo..maybe he'll keep it to himself to help you out. Or to at least keep his best assistant." she said giving him an appraising look. She meant most of what she said, from her visits over the years to the apothecary the people who work there don't seem to be the most dedicated staff. There were even one or two she hesitated in saying confidently that they could even read. So yeah, Dris was definitely a grade above the rest.

Still looking excitedly as the crepes were made for the customer in front of them, Puck was surprised to hear a similar thought come from Dris and found herself giggling in response (gah she hasn't giggled this much since she was a damned toddler!) "Hey, great minds think alike I was going for that one too. You know what syrup you're gonna get with it? My favorite is the caramel peach but like um, he's got others if you don't want that. Like maple syrup, chocolate, even nutella but, um, you can probably see that for yourself." Puck ended sheepishly remembering that not only were they right in front of the cart, Dris was also nearly a whole foot taller than she was and could probably read any sign better than she could explain them. When it was finally their turn she happily stepped up grinning at the familiar face behind the griddle who made sure to tell them the specials of the day. "We'll have two banana berry treats, one with your caramel peach sauce and extra whip cream and..." she looked up expectantly at her escort.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:47 am
User ImageUser Image

Dris chuckled when Puck carried on her concern for him. Was it abnormal to be ribbed wholly by family members, or was that perhaps exclusive only to his massive (and very odd) family? "Eh, if nothing else, I can talk my way out of it... because that's what I'm good at. Talking." He laughed a bit more sincerely this time, before continuing. "But you might be right about me being his best assistant. Because I totally am. I mean... assuming I go back. I might take extra long with my crepes, who knows. Besides, the company is better here." He looked over at Puck, sending another wink her direction. God, did all winking feel like he was a five year old, or was it only around her? He was pretty sure he'd never felt so foolish while winking before.

Turning back to the matter at hand, Dris continued his torment of smelling, but not yet eating the heavenly crepes. Luckily, it was almost their turn. After declaring he definitely wanted the banana berry crepe, Puck was excited, almost jovial to announce that was the one she wanted as well. Then she started talking about syrups, of which caramel peach was her favorite. It did sound good, but the half-instant she mentioned nutella, his eyes lit up. It was his weakness, okay? Apart from mac & cheese, that was. "They all sound great. Absolutely great. You know, we're going to have to come back here until I've had all the flavors, right? This place is too good to pass up." He grinned, hopefully implying future dates. She was funny, adorable... and just a little sassy, so he was certainly hooked. Besides, it wasn't every day someone took him out for crepes. He was shaken back to reality by Puck starting their order, pausing only when she was waiting on him to finish. "Sorry, I'll try the nutella drizzle? And also with extra whip, because she's got the right idea." He grinned, glancing back at the tasty treats being prepared. It was so good he was starving... and she just happened to know a crepe place. Though he hadn't ever admitted he was much of a crepe fan, he figured he'd have to give them more grace from now on.

Yukina101

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:59 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck wanted to very much point out that when they first met, Dris had not been very good at talking but then he winked at her and all her words died in her throat. That, that shouldn't have happened. That was so...rude. There's literally no other word she can think of for that. And then his words before it hit her and she was pretty sure had she been a lesser human she might've been wheezing to showcase her lack of air. This was dangerous, she didn't know the puppy could friggen bite, she demands a restart. Or at least the crepes for this pain and suffering. She nearly choked when he said that they would just have to keep coming back to try all the flavors which, she was totally down for but when in the frigosity did they become a "we"!? Had she blinked and missed it? Totally happens to her allot. "I'm up for it as long as your wallet is." she replied with sassy grin hoping he meant what she thinks he means. She could definitely get used to having a partner accompany her for her usual snack runs. Especially a cute one. Puck grinned excitedly after Dris finally gave his order (she was totally not judging on the nutella but maybe slightly because she's a caramel snob and would ride or die for that syrup) and began to even bounce slightly on the balls of her feet as she watched their orders be dished out into their paper containers. When the final dollop of whip cream was distributed she made the careful decision to let go of Dris' hand once more to start digging around in her purse for money for her own. She knows at the shop he said he'd pay but she figured it was just a ploy to get them out and away from his uncle as fast as possible. God knows she'd have done the same.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dris grinned over at Puck, still excited to be enjoying the spring sunshine with such a lovely lady. And she was, he was pretty sure. She seemed lovely so far, and also artsy and laid back, which he was happy about. Heck, maybe he'd volunteer to help out Loki more often. After saying they'd need to keep coming back, he could swear he saw a flash of... something cross her gaze. Had she assumed he'd come back here on his lonesome? Or had he moved waaaaay too fast? Because either was a possibility. Shoot. She did, however, say she was game provided he'd pay, and he laughed aloud. "You got it, Puck. I'll buy lunch until we've tried all the crepes and gained so much weight we can only roll around." He flashed a smile before laughing again, trying to imagine how many hundreds of crepes he'd have to eat before the scales tipped. Unlike Milo, who proclaimed "just looking is enough calories!", he didn't seem to gain much regardless of how much he consumed.

After finishing his order, the brunette noticed that Puck was practically bouncing at the very thought of getting her hands on their tasty lunch treat. While they were being finished, she pulled her hand away to root in her purse. Oh no. No way! He tugged out his wallet, paying more than enough to cover lunch. He casually told the chef to keep the extra as a tip, then he grabbed their crepes. "Did you not believe I'd pay? Or just think I forgot?" He grinned again, then looked around the little area. "Where should we sit? Because I don't know about you, but I'm about to inhale this whole crepe in like one bite." And he was. The scent was intoxicating and he was hungry as hell. Hopefully they'd be eating soon.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:02 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟ"Then I guess we're gonna be at this for a while from the looks of you. I bet you're one of those bottomless pits of people that every high school girl envies, aren't you?" Puck laughed giving Dris an appraising look. He had to be about fifty percent leg and usually guys like that who didn't have some sort of muscly frame looked gangling and a little sickly. He was still a bit gangly but from the muscles she could see peeking out his short sleeve, so she figured he might have a hidden figure beneath his puny shirt. Not that she was looking too hard. Was she looking too hard? That could be weird. It was a good thing she was rooting in her bag to maybe hide that fact then. But maybe not when Dris went ahead of her and payed, even allowing the guy to keep the rest as a tip, and grabbing both their treats.

She caught herself gaping just in time to close her mouth shut before he caught on but she felt like her blush wasn't so easily hidden. "Ah, erm, there's this little dog park a bit away with some benches? I don't own a dog, I'm actually more of a cat person," her mind was screaming "abortabortabort!" but her mouth kept going, "but it's still nice and um, if you like watching people run after their puppies it's pretty entertaining?" Puck didn't mean to make it sound like a question and she was only seconds away from attempting to dive into her purse and stay there crepes be damned. Then she remembered Dris' earlier question and felt even worse. "It's not that I didn't believe you, moreso I thought you were only saying that to like, get away from your weird uncle." she admittedly nervously ruffling her hair and unknowingly shaking stage glitter out of her curls.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dris cackled a bit when Puck called him out. It was true, he would eat and eat for ages and probably somehow lose weight. He was lucky that way, but he knew it could end at any time. Oh well, he'd have his snacks for now. "You're right, though I can't say if school girls envy me. Usually not, I'd think, since most people don't want to be the tallest living creature in the room." He sent a grin her way, thinking his answer very valid. At least... he'd never asked schoolgirls if they envied him before. He wasn't just entirely skin and bones, though, because he had muscle. He'd proven it before in his aunt's weight room and several times on the pitch!

After asking about sitting places, Puck looked a little flustered... or that's what he read her blush as. Unless... had he said something to warrant blushing? Oh god. What had he even said? But apparently there was a little dog park just up ahead. She didn't have a dog, but... had she said. "You like cats? I... I mean I do too. I've got two of my own. Though I can't say I don't like dogs, given that I grew up surrounded by them." He grinned over at her, wondering if she had any pets or anything of the sort. Maybe she had her own cats?

Dris couldn't help but laugh when Puck said she thought he might've only claimed to pay to get away from Loki. "While that is an excellent idea, I'd never lie to a lady... especially just to get away from Loki. And especially not about food!" He laughed, then looked over when a small sparkle caught his eye. It was... her? Or well, her hair. Glitter seemed to float away from her short curls, and he smirked. "Didja get in a fight with a glitter shaker? I mean... I wouldn't blame you, it gets everywhere. Kinda like me with paint." He chuckled, a blush curling back into his cheeks. Maybe that was a bit weird to say, especially considering he'd found paint between his toes only that morning. Maybe... maybe he'd be best not ever mentioning that bit.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:01 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck pouted as Dris cackled and agreed with her assessment that he could basically eat whatever and not gain weight, the boob. It could be kinda hypocritical of her to complain since she was also pretty slim but she worked out goddammit. There may not be abs underneath her sweater but she was happy with her squishy little tummy. "Yeah but I wouldn't mind being a few inches taller. I mean, I'm not exactly the shortest girl I know but I think everyone wouldn't mind like, one or two more inches for prosperity. Except for you though, I feel like if you get any taller it'd almost be a health hazard." she smirked. "For you and for others. They'd have to constantly be wearing sunglasses to look up at you." She emphasized this by pulling her own from her pocket and slipping them on before turning back to look at him dramatically gasping. "It's like a whole new viewing experience! Much better than 3D. Four out of five stars, would recommend." Puck took on a contemplative look and hmm'd as Dris explained that he would never lie just to get away from his uncle and she suppooosseeddd that was a reasonable response.

"Well I wouldn't know would I? How many other girls do you let drag you out for random street food?" she asked tilting her sunglasses down her nose a bit to look at him above the frames. She was being a pest, she knew, but she was sorta curious. If he had a girlfriend, she would hope he was the type that would've already told her before allowing whatever this was to happen. But some guys were jerks and hadn't evolved to a higher thinking beyond their junk and thought stringing two girls along was perfectly alright. She hoped Dris wasn't the type because he was like a whole foot taller than her and it'd take a running jump to b***h slap him.

She gave a small sigh of relief when he agreed to the dog park while also mentioning that he owned two cats after her little monologue. "I own one too! I would love another but I always end up getting distracted whenever I go to shelters and end up feeling bad just thinking of adopting one." Wow. She sounded like such a pretentious goody two shoes she nearly vomited. But it was the truth! Puck had gone to an animal shelter after moving back permanently to Scotland and had nearly wasted away three hours examining each kitten and cat to see which one she could potentially adopt and had nearly done a mental fliptable and decided to adopt them all. Her mother was pretty free spirited about a lot of things but even she would've drawn the line at her daughter coming home with nearly thirty different cats.

At his comment about glitter she frowned a bit in confusion before looking at her hand and seeing the glint of her glittery mess and let out a few giggles. "s**t, I've been a walking STD all day then. The worst part is that I can't even tell you when and where this happened. Between my job and my best friend, it could've happened weeks ago." Puck admitted with another laugh. Since he'd agreed to go with the dog park she nearly went to grab his hand again before remembering it was occupied with their food and made the belated decision to instead grab the bottom of his t-shirt. Saints preserve us, if she didn't die of mortification later she was going to kick her own a**.

She immediately pulled away miming a cough to hopefully justify her actions and motioned for Dris to follow her as she lead them to the aforementioned park. Walking beside him, and to a lesser extent using him as a buffer against any crowds, she walked them the two minute walk to the park with her hand feeling slightly empty at her side before she finally put it in her pocket. When they arrived it thankfully wasn't too busy with people and their pets so that the benches were more or less abandoned. Puck lead them over to the nearest one and on autopilot climbed onto it to sit on the back. After realizing what she had done she chuckled and looked over at Dris sheepishly. "I swear this wasn't about you, I usually sit like a daytime television delinquent." she assured him with smirk.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:39 am
User ImageUser Image

Dris felt bad when Puck pouted, but it wasn't like he could readily change his physique. Besides, he didn't think she was heavy by any means, in fact he thought she was pretty just the way she was. Then again, that could just be the fact that she was wearing some short shorts. Nope. Don't look. He turned his gaze upward, cheeks flushing red again. He looked over at the girl when she spoke, saying she wouldn't mind being a few inches taller. He was pretty sure if she was just a hair taller, she'd be the same height as aunt Cyd, but it was hard to tell, given Cyd's proclivity to wearing heels. Apparently lots of people would like to be taller, but he was content... or perhaps even a few inches shorter. "I already am a health hazard. I walk around with a headache all the time because I often hit my head on doorframes." He chuckled at her little smirk, then watched her put on sunglasses. Apparently he looked better through the tinted glass? "Aw, only four out of five? Maybe it's because I need to get my hair trimmed again." He grinned, wanting to run a hand through the offending hair, but being rather unable, due to holding their food.

When he said he wouldn't lie, she questioned how she was to know that, and he had to admit that was correct. She asked how many women dragged him off for random food, and he laughed. "I have to say, you're the first. The only girl I ever eat lunch with of late is either my Auntie Lyre or my friend Chrys, but neither have taken me for random street crepes." He laughed, gently nudging her with his elbow. She kind of seemed like she was investigating him, and he vaguely wondered what was running through her head. Maybe it'd be best not to ask, though... or maybe he couldn't stop himself. "What? You look like you're thinking something important."

After mentioning his cats, Puck happily supplied that she also owned one. Oh good. It was good she liked cats! She also related to the fact that animal shelters were hell, what with the need to love all the kitties. "Ugh I know. It's absolutely horrible. I'd definitely bring them all home... except my roommates wouldn't be happy with like thirty cats." He laughed, thinking of Chance's face if he were to bring home a bundle of kittens. Yep. He'd be out on the street with all the kitties. Not that he couldn't afford to take care of himself, but it was nice to feel a family at home, even if it was comprised of super close friends. Plus... friends tended to be a little less judgmental than parents. Well... sometimes.

When he commented on the glitter, Puck looked startled, but ultimately unconcerned. She did, however, motion that the glitter may have been there for ages. "Don't worry, I don't mind a little sparkle. Besides, I'm usually covered in paint, so it's not like I can't compare. Though... it's usually not my friends' faults. Wholly mine." He grinned, looking a little mischievous as he did so. His eyes sparkled and he knew it was only a matter of time before she noticed paint on his belly and legs.... well... maybe not his legs. That'd take more than a little stripping, which he wasn't about to start doing. At least... not here.

After they'd made it into the dog park, the duo made their way to one of the empty benches. He sat on one side, then looked over to see Puck sitting on the back like she was straight out of some ninetys movie. How was it that cute that she did that? She looked... ashamed? No... maybe a bit nervous? Either way, she explained that she usually sat like that. "I don't mind. It's nice to be shorter than someone for a change. Here, take your caramel-y crepe before I snack on it." He chuckled, handing her her lunch before digging into his. "You're right though, this is magical. I wouldn't mind going out for random street food more often." He ate more, making little sounds of delight as he simply enjoyed the day.... and the food.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟMuch to her mortification, Puck snortlaughed again as Dris lamented over his headaches from knocking into doorframes due to his height. She hoped the large frames from her sunglasses would hide most of the blush but she still held her face away from his scrutiny just in case. Thankfully it went away almost as quickly as it came when she started to cackle at his disappointed at only being a four out of five. "Judge's discretion, sorry, I can't give away all my secrets." she said faux mysteriously with an added finger waggle for effect. She also felt it took a very secure man to be over the age of twelve and still say "auntie" with as much affection as he did which obviously did not impress her like, at all. "Well it's nice being the first at something as simple as taking an unusually tall guy for crepes." She would've winked at him as well but she remembered right before that she was still wearing her shades and he wouldn't be able to see it. Highly fashionable, low functionality.

Puck's taken aback, but in a good way, when he nudges her with his elbow and she makes a point of lightly smacking as a show that she doesn't mind. But maybe he wouldn't read it that way because he doesn't know she shows affection like an elderly stray cat. s**t. And now he's caught her still thinking about this and about her earlier thoughts concerning whether she could reach his face for a good pop. But it's not as if she can really come out and tell him that. "You must be a level five friend to unlock my tragic backstory." she insists tonelessly making sure to take off her sunglasses seconds later so he can see the mirth dancing in her eyes. She nodded at Dris' agreement that cat shelters were awful if you were an actual lover and chuckled since he basically said the exact thing she had been thinking in terms of adoption. Still, his roommate had to be pretty accommodating to even put up with two cats; she's read the reddit horror stories, she knows how things could go.

After the revelation about her glitter, Puck lightly shook her hair to see if any more would successfully come loose while laughing at her companion. From the paint she had seen visibly molting from his skin earlier at the shop, she had little concern that he would judge her too harshly for this. "Yeah, I think I can even attest to that from what I remember back at your shop. How enthusiastic are you to have that much paint everywhere?" she asked rhetorically still snickering at the thought. Were there some underneath his clothes too? Hmm...maybe she shouldn't let her thoughts stray too far towards that door.

Once she was happily situated on the bench (as well as knowing he wasn't annoyed), she gently placed her crate of ingredients between her legs on the actual seat sending Dris a thankful grin for not thinking her weird but also giving him an audible scoff as he threatened to eat her food. Her food! The honest nerve of some people, she swears. "Fine fine, hand it over before it disappears into your black hole of a stomach." Puck quipped making grabby hands towards him. When she got she made a soft excited sound before taking her first bite of her crepe getting a chunk of banana drenched in some sort of mixed berry juice alongside the super sweetness of the caramel and peaches. Dear Lord in heaven she was in love. She gave a hum of deep contentment and an even louder one when she took another bite, this time with some of the whipped cream attached.

"Ohmygod. I think I'm going to have to rearrange my fave crepe flavors now. This has definitely entered top tier category. Top five at the very least." she nodded emphasizing her words. She only beamed brighter when Dris also agreed as well as adding that he wouldn't mind them doing this more. Yet again, he had her wondering if he was interested in these outings being in the romantic sense or a new platonic friend sense. She supposed the best way to figure that out was to just ask. "Do you mean with me or just in general?" Puck asked looking over at him licking a bit of sauce off her fork. So she might've done that on purpose. Sue her.

Miss GryffindorK

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items