Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Nightmares vs reality and trauma long story short

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:47 am
For many years, I had nightmares that it always happens in my bedroom or in total dark.

Basically, it's like I'm having a nightmare while being awake where I sleep. Sometimes, it's more just in total dark.

In my nightmare, someone ''kills'' me in various way, strangling, hit me, touching me sexually and rape.

It's really scary.

It's hard for me to wake up, to move, or open my eyes. I thought : What if this is really happening for real I need to wake up to see WHO is doing this to me ? I still doubt and unsure if some of theses ''nightmares'' really happened but I wasn't fully awake or didn't see the perpetrator.

Often, when theses nightmares happens, it seems I'm in a deep sleep, that it's hard to wake up and move. I search online, and I found that it's probably sleep paralysis. There isn't much accurate information about that.

Then, I thought why I have nightmares of being physically and sexually abused ? Is my unconsciousness revealing something? Is it just my fears?

Then, I remember that I repressed memories of when I was younger and I was being sexually touched by my father.

That my frustration, disgust, lack of affection, trust issue came from my childhood, from what I witnessed , what I lived...

I always hated how men look at women in a pervert way. Looking at their boobs, a**, whatever...

I never liked that people touched me.

I believed that men cannot be trusted.

I wondered how can my mom stayed with a man that abused her, that is also perverted to touch kids. She was dependent of him.

I hate women that are dependent. I am still trying to be independent. It's hard.

I've never talked about this to anyone. I wonder if I should tell my friends are not. Seriously, I've been crying for 3 days since I remembered my repressed memories. It is shameful, embarrassing stories. I was a victim and a witness.
I never fought for it. I should have.

The only thing I told my friend is : I developed over the years a hate to men, I dislike perverted people, they are not honest, they can't be trusted and I hate when people touch me. However, I realized that I identify a gender as really bad and there are good people in this world. Humans are bad people, not only men.

And my friends said : yeah not all men are like this  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:54 am
I had a terrible father as well and a lot of trauma as a child and a teenager.
It messes you up pretty bad and nightmares will happen.
Journaling it out may help. Talking to a close friend is usually best.
It took me several years to trust men and your friend is right.
Not all men are like that. Just most. If you want to talk to me juts PM me whenever!  

Zabethlyburn

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items