Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
Satellite Radio, an old Corvette, and the Chamber of Secrets

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:18 pm
I'm wondering about possibly having a flying car later in my studenting career... if my character gets approved. I've had a few ideas for his character development over the years, one of which being Aiden getting his driver's license. I just get the strangest feeling that a flying car would actually make sense for his character, seeing as how the typical American can, if they so choose, can go for upwards of seven hours of driving from one point to the other with the only real issue being restrooms and snacks along the way. I also know of a (rather ambitious) company that wants to build a highway across the Bering Strait from Alaska into Russia so that one could have a kickass road trip from New York to London. That's what solves the rest-stop issues; Aiden travels into Russia and goes across Eurasia to get to Hogwarts. A stretch, but crazier things have happened.

Like my idea for the rest of the car, inspired by a true story. I feel like once Aiden turns 15 (and has by this point mostly overcome his anxiety from years... one through two) and his parents gave him $5,000 to buy a used car. In real life, this happened to a friend of mine: he bought a god-damned Corvette for under $5,000. The story changes from there; my friend's car was a broken down piece of s**t, and the cost of repairs could get him another car.

Thank Merlin for the Repair charm; amirite, guys?

And admittedly from there I kind of want to go completely overboard by basically going "Wizard Xzibit" on the car, namely wondering if Satellite radio operates on the same principle as the normal radios (that is, magic) and putting in a GPS, since those run using the same magi-tech as the Satellite radio (I know this because I have a car that does both). I was kind of thinking that this could be Aiden's pet project for a Muggle Studies' class, pulling a full Tony Stark over Christmas.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:34 pm
You should be aware that in England to own a full drivers license a person must be 17 years of age or older, making the idea of a car at Hogwarts nearly useless for a student.  

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:49 pm
Aiden's American. From Tennessee. Down here you can get it as early as your 16th.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:04 pm
...and now the profile's been rejected. So, I guess this makes this little story a moot point.  

Guy in a Gimp Suit

OG Smoker

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:19 pm
Either way American born wizards cannot attend Hogwarts. Which I'm sure was mentioned in your profile by whomever was checking it  
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games