Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Erm.. help with an awkward situation.. ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:33 am
Okay, I usually don't go to other people to help figure out issues but I kinda want input on this one.

Lately my sister and her bf/friend/whatever have been being really awkward and off putting toward my fiance and I. As in.. my sister keeps grabbing him in strange places (like his butt) and stuff and laughing about it (pretty much like it's a hilarious joke to her) and her bf/whatever had been doing the same to me (mainly grabbing my boobs and such. >_>;; ). This was never an issue before and just started recently.. and it's.. well.. strange. At first it was on occasion and when we would act offended or something they would stop but now (more accurately yesterday) it was rather excessive.

I just really don't know how to go about dealing with this situation. I don't really want to start a giant fight with my family because the two of them are "joking around" with us, but at the same time.. just.. no. The worst part is they are the intrusive, obnoxious type that will persistently do things and purposely do what you ask/tell them not to do just to be a nuisance and in spite of what you say (more-so my sister but he will do it most of the time too).

I just know that it was making us both feel rather awkward around them yesterday. :/

Suggestions?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:50 pm
Her boyfriend is grabbing your BOOBS ?????

I would say right away : WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING MY BODY ???? YOU ARE NOT MY FIANCE YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TOUCH ME !  

Miss_XxAriaxX

xkirby19

Shirtless Cat

10,950 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:16 pm
Slap her bf if he grabs you again ! evil Maybe then he will understand that it s not funny for you at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:00 pm
If you think a giant fight will more than likely be the outcome of confronting them about it, then you might have to be prepared for that.

They're both touching your and your fiance's body without your permission. They have no business or right to feel his butt or your boobs no matter what the reason if it's without your EXPLICIT consent.

It sounds like your sister and her guy need to grow the hell up.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:04 pm
XxAriaxX

It wouldn't work. I would get laughed at, told I'm over reacting, and then they would walk away. neutral

Watteflausch

He's a really big guy with massive amounts of anger issues... I would really rather not risk a situation with that.

Yokies
If you think a giant fight will more than likely be the outcome of confronting them about it, then you might have to be prepared for that.

They're both touching your and your fiance's body without your permission. They have no business or right to feel his butt or your boobs no matter what the reason if it's without your EXPLICIT consent.

It sounds like your sister and her guy need to grow the hell up.

That's the plan, pretty much. I mean, I don't want to fight with them but if telling them to stop doesn't work then I'll probably have to. The bad part is, when my fiance tells her to stop she laughs at him, walks away, then does it again later. She is encouraging her bf to do it. It's a strange situation and they seem to find it hilarious for some reason. neutral

Oh, I agree. They're both in their 20's (her early 20 and his late 20s) and still act like 15 year olds.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:11 pm
ll-Frantic-ll

That's honestly just a really ridiculous and foolish way to act. I hope they realize invading someone's space and touching them against their will makes them horrible and disgusting people, but chances are they wouldn't give a s**t anyway.

I hope it's not too much trouble to get them to stop. Is there anyone else around that you can get on your side? The more people the better.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:29 pm
Yokies
That's honestly just a really ridiculous and foolish way to act. I hope they realize invading someone's space and touching them against their will makes them horrible and disgusting people, but chances are they wouldn't give a s**t anyway.

I hope it's not too much trouble to get them to stop. Is there anyone else around that you can get on your side? The more people the better.

I completely agree.
Apparently they have done the same thing to my ex and his new gf as well (I've been friends with them both for years so we still talk and such). Actually, she did it to him the last time they were both together in the same house.

Hopefully not. I was really tired yesterday (lack of sleep and being busy all day) so I was really just trying to avoid the situation all together. I'm hoping that (at least with her bf) once he realized that I don't like what he's doing he'll stop. If he doesn't I'll just talk to my parents about it since we're currently living with them atm. With her though, it will probably be more of a headache and everyone will side with her because she's "just joking with him and he's taking it too seriously". OTL  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:33 pm
ll-Frantic-ll

Did they stop doing it to them and that's why they're doing it to you now? Jeez.

Ugh, I really don't like that attitude where girls can do stuff like that and it considered playing and the person they're doing it to needs to get over it. It's not a joke, she needs to learn to keep her hands to herself and be a goddamn adult.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:43 pm
Yokies
Did they stop doing it to them and that's why they're doing it to you now? Jeez.

Ugh, I really don't like that attitude where girls can do stuff like that and it considered playing and the person they're doing it to needs to get over it. It's not a joke, she needs to learn to keep her hands to herself and be a goddamn adult.

I think he stopped doing it to the girlfriend but my sister still does it to my ex. It's pretty much at the point where my ex and his gf avoid them whenever possible. Like, when we make plans they ask if my sister and her bf will be there and if so they usually don't show up.

Same. The bad part is, my sister is the 'baby' of the family and no matter the situation everyone sides with her and treats the other person as if they are in the wrong. Ugh. I really foresee this becoming an issue that causes major problems. >_<;  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:48 pm
ll-Frantic-ll
Maybe I didn't choose the right words to express it, but I think it is important to tell them how you feel about it and that you dislike being grabbed like that.

There's a guy that became my friend's boyfriend. He came near me and put his arm around me. I didn't like it and I told him to not touch me, but he still did IT.

Yeah they might think that you are over reacting (just like my friend's boyfriend) but still THIS IS REALLY HOW YOU FEEL.

Because they are wrong to not respect your personal space. I really hate my friend's boyfriend for that. Because even after that he would come making fun of me like coming close to me , extending his arm like he wants to touch me, and he is 26 years old. Still too immature to respect people ?
However since he is dating my friend he is doing this less. But he knows I hate him,because my friend told him I hate him for touching me. He never apologized and he called me little b***h and my friend heard it she was just next to him. I didn't want to make a big fuss I was about to scream. We were at a restaurant... So, I ignored him.
Sorry, I needed to share my piece of story too.

I hope you can find a solution and that they stop.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:51 pm
ll-Frantic-ll

Ah I see. That blows. Guess it's the same case where if a girl gets touched it's harassment but if it's a guy it's just funny. It's sad that they sometimes have to cancel on plans just because your sister and her guy is around.

Ah well, that would explain why she grew up to be an insolent child and totes around a man-baby who does whatever she says. lol Seriously, these two need to get over themselves and she needs to stop being babied. She's an adult, she doesn't get to be "right" all the time anymore, because one of these days she's gonna piss someone off who isn't going to just want to "talk it out" with her.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:50 am
Just say that makes you feel uncomfortable and don't swing. talk2hand
Honestly if they care about you are all they will listen to you and respect your space. Otherwise ditch them out of your life!  

Zabethlyburn

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items