Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayer Request for my dog?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jewish at Heart

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:05 am
I was hoping that every Christian on here could bind together with me in prayer for my dog. His name is Ozzy, and he will be 14 years old in October.

For the last two weeks, he has been straining to pee. I just came home from taking him to the vet, and they asked to keep him for a couple hours to take x-rays to look for stones, tumors, and just to see what's going on inside. He has blood in his urine, and his prostate is enlarged which could be blocking his urethra. The vet also said that there could be other complications going on inside that he is concerned of, such as tumors, but that he can't feel.

We can't afford to have anything major done, like surgery, and it's too risky for his age anyway. So please, please, pray for him and for us, and that everything is going to be okay.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:05 pm
Sorry about your dog, I'll pray for God's will to be done. sad  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

Jewish at Heart

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:58 pm
Nenanah
Sorry about your dog, I'll pray for God's will to be done. sad

Thank you.

The vet said that he has bladder stones. He recommended having surgery done on Monday to remove the stones and follow up with a special diet to keep them from reforming, but he is a fourteen year old dog with a history of seizures. Besides that, it is a pretty invasive surgery that would have to take place: opening his body, opening the bladder, removing the stones, stitching the bladder back up, and stitching his body back up. I am afraid that, because of his age, it would be a difficult surgery for him to bounce back from.

Our dog was put under anesthesia today to be catheterized to remove the blockage, and he ended up being overstimulating and having a seizure a few short hours later. I'm afraid of what a surgery might do to him. sad

We need wisdom and guidance so we know the best route to take, and we need God's comfort.

Thanks for the prayers.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:44 am
Praying for wisdom and guidance and God's comfort for your family heart

Psalm 32:8 ESV
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:49 am
                wow, so sorry to hear that. sad praying that everything will turn out ok and that you'll find comfort in Him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:56 am
Thank you guys so much for the prayers. heart  

Jewish at Heart

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:08 am
Jewish at Heart
I was hoping that every Christian on here could bind together with me in prayer for my dog. His name is Ozzy, and he will be 14 years old in October.

For the last two weeks, he has been straining to pee. I just came home from taking him to the vet, and they asked to keep him for a couple hours to take x-rays to look for stones, tumors, and just to see what's going on inside. He has blood in his urine, and his prostate is enlarged which could be blocking his urethra. The vet also said that there could be other complications going on inside that he is concerned of, such as tumors, but that he can't feel.

We can't afford to have anything major done, like surgery, and it's too risky for his age anyway. So please, please, pray for him and for us, and that everything is going to be okay.

I am so sorry to hear that sad i pray that it's nothing major and everything turns out ok with you guys and that the vets will be able to help  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:49 am
ChibiHigh
I am so sorry to hear that sad i pray that it's nothing major and everything turns out ok with you guys and that the vets will be able to help

Thank you! heart

It turns out that Ozzy has bladder stones. The vet said that they are too big to try and dissolve, and that this is a life threatening situation for him. He recommended having surgery, so they'd open up his belly, open up his bladder and remove the stones, then stitch his bladder back together, and stitch his belly back together. They told us that we could have the weekend to think about it, but we'd have to make our decision on what to do by Monday morning so he could have an appointment at 9.

Since he's so old, it's difficult to say how he will handle the surgery, but the veterinarian said his best bet to get well and live longer would be to have this surgery done soon. Then he would have to be on a special diet for the rest of his life to prevent the stones from reforming.

Right now, my mom and I are both on the same line of thinking: if he is still straining by tomorrow night, we will make the appointment for the surgery to be done. If God works a miracle for us and for him, then we won't have it done.  

Jewish at Heart

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:19 am
Jewish at Heart
ChibiHigh

Thank you! heart

It turns out that Ozzy has bladder stones. The vet said that they are too big to try and dissolve, and that this is a life threatening situation for him. He recommended having surgery, so they'd open up his belly, open up his bladder and remove the stones, then stitch his bladder back together, and stitch his belly back together. They told us that we could have the weekend to think about it, but we'd have to make our decision on what to do by Monday morning so he could have an appointment at 9.

Since he's so old, it's difficult to say how he will handle the surgery, but the veterinarian said his best bet to get well and live longer would be to have this surgery done soon. Then he would have to be on a special diet for the rest of his life to prevent the stones from reforming.

Right now, my mom and I are both on the same line of thinking: if he is still straining by tomorrow night, we will make the appointment for the surgery to be done. If God works a miracle for us and for him, then we won't have it done.

oi..... eek well at least there's a possibility he can get better 3nodding I'll pray for your family and whatever decision you will make  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:35 pm
I'm sorry to hear you guys are going through this. I'll keep your dog and family in my prayers.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Jewish at Heart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:27 am
Thank you, everyone, for your prayers!

I called the vet about an hour and a half ago. They told me that he was just coming out of surgery and was waking up from the anesthesia. They said that he did really, really well and we can pick him up some time tonight.

I am so, so thankful to God for giving the surgeon the knowledge and steady hand to perform the surgery, the anesthesiologist the wisdom to monitor him while he was under, and for strengthening his little body to see him through.

I praise God for everything starting to look up here at home, financially and medically. God is so good. So, so, so good. Words cannot even begin to describe the goodness and the mercy and the love that is God.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:53 pm
Jewish at Heart
Thank you, everyone, for your prayers!

I called the vet about an hour and a half ago. They told me that he was just coming out of surgery and was waking up from the anesthesia. They said that he did really, really well and we can pick him up some time tonight.

I am so, so thankful to God for giving the surgeon the knowledge and steady hand to perform the surgery, the anesthesiologist the wisdom to monitor him while he was under, and for strengthening his little body to see him through.

I praise God for everything starting to look up here at home, financially and medically. God is so good. So, so, so good. Words cannot even begin to describe the goodness and the mercy and the love that is God.

That's wonderful!!  

SamiKeehl

Wistful Bibliophile

38,965 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • That One Hero 500
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers