Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Pray for these two people....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Complementary Poll
  gold
View Results

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:05 am
Uhg.

This girl I knew from church years ago I took her off my Facebook a couple of years ago, she was always whining about wanting a boyfriend/girlfriend and it was a constant thing. Pretty much begging for attention and complements from anyone and constantly begging others to date her. I took her off my list because I couldn't handle the needy behavior and it was draining me. I tried to tell her that you don't need to have a partner in order to be happy and that you need to love yourself before you try to love someone else, I also gave her some scripture to look up, she didn't want any part of it.

Well she randomly popped in my head today so I looked her up to see if she was still carrying on with the needy and attention seeking behavior. Well she is now dating an ex of mine from middle/high school, NOW to make this clear I do not have any "feelings" for this guy. I broke up with him because he was very abusive emotionally and verbally, he is also a very vocal racist. I mean he owned KKK memorabilia and would blare racist songs in the car. He would tell me to loose weight and if I did anything at all that he deemed out of line he wouldn't talk to me or would play mind games to try to guilt trip me. The guy is bad news.

I'm kinda worried about her because she has always been eager to please someone and if she dating a person she will do anything and everything in her power to keep them around. I dunno if he is still as bad as he was cause after the break up I cut off all contact with him, his friends, and family. It's also been a good six or seven years since we "dated". So he could have changed, but I have doubts.

Since she is with someone who was abusive towards me I do not want to initiate any contact with either of them. So I will not be sending any friend requests or messages.

I guess pray for God to handle this as he sees appropriate. And pray that she's safe and has enough sense to get out if he's still abusive and mean.

Her name is Alyssa, His name is Mike.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:23 am
Nenanah

I will be praying for them. My sister was in a similar situation with an ex-boyfriend of hers that we found out was physically/verbally abusive, manipulative, and, as we found out weeks later, when she moved out from living with the guy for eight months, abusing drugs and cheating on her. She also had a miscarriage while remaining with the guy; as it is, I know for certain he has at least two jobs and 'seems' to be on the straight and narrow.

His name is Ethan, and frankly, I pity him and still pray for him even if I wouldn't trust him with a pet fish much less my family.

As 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 says: If I speak with the eloquence of men and of angels, but have no love, I become no more than blaring brass or crashing cymbal. If I have the gift of foretelling the future and hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but the very secrets of God, and if I also have that absolute faith which can move mountains, but have no love, I amount to nothing at all.  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:26 am
                wow yes, i pray that she won't be in any danger and is able to recognise her self worth without a man in her life. sad emotion_8c

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:05 pm
Sounds like a bad situation....They both will be in my prayers.

Kaosujin Ryu

I'm glad to hear your sister got out of that relationship.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:30 pm
OtakuKat

Kaosujin Ryu

I do, however, have a big praise for Him; my sister has since gotten engaged (to a decent guy) and is expecting a daughter who is doing well. Due date of August 5th.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:42 pm
Kaosujin Ryu
OtakuKat

Kaosujin Ryu

I do, however, have a big praise for Him; my sister has since gotten engaged (to a decent guy) and is expecting a daughter who is doing well. Due date of August 5th.

That's great! I'm glad to hear she found someone. ^_^  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

joeychips

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:05 am
I will pray for this situation!  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items