10%  [ 3 ]
Gold!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:55 am
Title pretty much says it all, I was just discussing with someone that it could be a neat resource. I've always liked the MCCL because its just always there, and lots of people have gotten lucky with it so it always gives you a little hope but at the same time it doesn't present an obligation for colorists. Its just a little extra if they have time/inclination/inspiration. It could be a place where you post all your LL couples, or it could be a limited number of couples, you could have different colored headers for the months again, or you could change the color of the header once you hit certain milestones in LL, one color for 20, another for 40 or some other number, etc. Perhaps you could also say whether or not you'd be ok with unedited offspring in the header. I figured since sometimes colorists have LL breedings or LL specific slots that there is some interest in giving them a higher chance to get rolled so maybe this would be another way to give them some extra visibility.

Honestly I'm not really sure myself whether this is a good idea or if it would be pointless but I figured it could be interesting and harmless to see what others think. I have no problems if people disagree with me or just don't like this idea, please just be respectful to everyone when voicing your opinions if you decide to do so n_n  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:58 am
I agree with this. I don't have any lowluck myself, but I know people that do, and they've had them for... years. That's a lot of trying! If there was a place with JUST those couples with that qualification, I think it would be nice. Plus, it would give exposure to the faithfully trying who REALLY want a family.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:03 pm
Honestly I'm not sure there needs to be another list, maybe the current one could just have a low luck header that you can add to your existing post should one of them reach that point?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:15 pm
There is an asterisk next to posts with low luck MCCL couples on the list of MCCL posts on the front page, so it is sorta kept track of (though not sure how up to date that is).

I don't think a new list is a good idea, the current list doesn't get enough love as it is! But maybe headers would be okay? :3

Just my two cents.

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:36 pm
I have no LL couples but I think a header instead of a list is a good idea smile  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:46 am
I would rather have more breedings. There i have a couple who have been trying since January of 2013, and while I've missed a few breeding raffles with them, I haven't missed enough that they would be LL. Sure there are LL couples who have been trying forever and they deserve to have that rewarded, but LL really doesn't help most people if there aren't new opportunities to enter for breedings. Until there are more regular breeding openings I think adding a LL list would be premature. Once there are regular openings a LL header sounds like a nice addition.  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:25 am
I believe this was brought up before. And the eventual decision was that another list is just more work and less useful than anything. What happens when you no longer have an LL? You delete your post. And then that could be confusing. With some pages with posts, and some without.

But a header in the MCCL so Colorist know that there's an LL in the post could be helpful. CC breedings have been happening.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:03 pm
I do like the headers idea. I know the asterix are there though so, assuming they are updated regularly(?), I'm not sure that adding headers would do much more than make it jump out if someone was looking through the pages themselves rather than looking at that list. But they definitely couldn't hurt and wouldn't be a big deal to add. Just throw up the code and you can put it in yourself if you wanted to.

I see where you're coming from Roarie, I guess my thought was it would be like the MCCL where you would just have a set post when you get a LL couple and if your couple wins, you just keep it blank until you get one again?? I hadn't really got that far, it was just a tentative idea to open discussion about n_n with the benefits being more along the line of Mew's post, just more exposure. I guess since you usually have lots of couples even if they aren't LL its easier to keep the regular one looking neat. I also get where Lyda is coming from, the staff has said they want to and are planning to have more breedings! Perhaps when that picks up this will be a non issue.

-shrugs-

I guess my attitude from the start about this has just been, might not help, but it doesn't seem like it would hurt, since we are responsible for updating our own MCCL posts it doesn't seem like it would be an inconvenience. And since no one is obligated to CC anything, it doesn't even -need- to be used unless someone wants to. Its just a little extra bonus to boost your visibility for reaching LL.

Regardless I appreciate the responses n_n, I'm not trying to push anything or imply that there is a dire need for it, just throwing it up in the air for people to think about.  

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:24 am
I have just updated the asterisk post so for now it is up to date :3 Though I do not know how much colourists use it, but it's up there now!

From looking at MCCL posts though, there aren't a lot of LL couples out there (probably because there haven't been so many breedings lately, so couples just aren't reaching that status), so I think a LL only list would be short and probably prone to being outdated?

And the staff are aware that more breedings are wanted, we are working on trying to get them out to you more frequently <3 There has been lots of discussion on the topic.

And suggestions are always useful, faith <3

Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff