Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
To be honest..I'm sick and tired of

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:07 pm
'just knowing the Word'. I want to believe His Words in my heart. With every fibre of my being. So much so that whenever the attack of lies from the enemy enter my mind telling me that I'm unloved, that God has forsaken me, that I won't be shaken and will stand firm in the truth of His Word. That I will have no doubt in my own Maker.

I've walked a bit away from God, brothers and sisters. I've put up idols in front of me in place of Him. I am a sinner, no different from anyone. I have my days. Also, my 2nd semester for nursing is starting on Monday.

I'd like to request a prayer from you, if that's okay.

Please pray with me.

Holy Father, please help me and others who are struggling with this same issue of unbelief/lack of faith to truly feel and believe in our hearts that what You say is true. A belief that leaves no room for doubt. An unshakeable trust in You and Your promises and Word. Please protect us from the lies of the enemy and please refresh our hearts and minds anew with a burning desire to get closer to You and to live a life completely sold out for You. Thank You God almighty for bringing this issue to light in my heart. I pray for the strengthening of my brothers' and sisters' hearts as well as my own.
Lastly, please help us to be more concerned with pleasing You instead of people. Please give us wisdom and guidance all the days of our life.

In Jesus' Name, we ask these things..Amen.

If you've prayed this with me, Thank-you so much..! If you're also struggling with this, you're not alone. My prayers are with you. I feel like God is waking me up a bit to the reality of the mess that's resulted in my lack of spending time with Him. Sometimes we need that wake-up call as much as it may hurt to realize how things get.

God loves you and wants you all to persevere. Keep fighting the good fight. This soldier may be down but not beat. Praise God that Christ is the author and finisher of our faith. heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:44 am
Just walk away from the idols. May I suggest you run.

• James 4:8 (NIV)

8 Come near to God and he will come near to you.
      Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts,
      you double-minded.

Also, if you're referring to Hebrews 12:2...

• Hebrews 12:2 (KJV)

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that
      was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down
      at the right hand of the throne of God.

...that doesn't mean Jesus will force you to have faith until the end.
Just that he's the example of faith to follow.

User Image

source: http://biblehub.com/text/hebrews/12-2.htm

User Image

source: http://biblehub.com/thayers/5051.htm

So, have you resisted sin to the point of shedding blood, like Jesus?

• Hebrews 12:4 (NIV)

4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted
      to the point of shedding your blood.

That's your example.

We actually had a conversation over this recently(about God forsaking): Please Help? I need advice really, really badly.

He won't initiate the forsaking like he did with Jesus and Job.
But like he did with Moses and King Saul, I'm convinced he can and will.

edit:

Also, don't allow people to distort Hebrews 13:5. It reads the same as
Deuteronomy 31:6 (ergo, no difference under the old covenant) and yet
we still have examples of God forsaking.

Verses in question:

• Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)

5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content
      with what you have, because God has said,

“Never will I leave you;
      never will I forsake you.”[a]

Footnotes:

a. Hebrews 13:5 Deut. 31:6

• Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)

6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
      for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

And yet we have verses such as:

• 1 Chronicles 28:9 (NIV)

9 “And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and
      serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord
      searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If
      you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject
      you forever.

Implied: as long as you're with him, nothing will make him forsake you.
I brought up various examples illustrating this in the thread I linked to earlier.
(So, unless you're a special case like Jesus—coming to sacrifice yourself
on behalf others, bearing their wrath in their place; or like Job—a righteous
man just going through a trial to prove that righteousness, God will not initiate
the forsaking. But if you forsake God [you initiate the rejection], he'll forsake
you: new and old testament alike).

That said, I pray for wholehearted devotion and belief to spread in the body
of Christ like wildfire to avoid falling into that forsaking. heart

cristobela
Vice Captain

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:32 pm
cristobela

Thank you, Maria : )
I've always loved your replies. Yeah.. you're right. I should run far away from these idols. On the outside..it looks like these things can offer a person so much..but in reality..it leaves that person really empty and leads them even further from God. Thank you for the verses! I'm glad you pointed out the correct context of each. It helps. As you've mentioned, I need to draw nearer to Him. But these are just words until I back it up with action. Thank you as well for the link! I remember that thread but I also remember not reading it thoroughly as I should have. Maybe this time was the right time to view it; to make a stronger impact perhaps. And lastly, thanks for praying 3nodding I'm thankful to God for sisters like you. And for Garland who shared this post. Thank you, too!  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:50 am
                "pleasing You instead of people" -- something i'm struggling with myself
                that was a beautiful prayer!

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:53 pm
Pickled Cactus

You're definitely not alone, sis. I'll be praying for you as well! emotion_bigheart  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:13 pm
I will keep you and other believers in my prayers. ^^  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:45 am
Thanks for this! Everyone has these struggles at some point smile  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:41 am
Spirit Reborn
Pickled Cactus

You're definitely not alone, sis. I'll be praying for you as well! emotion_bigheart

that means a lot, thank you!

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:50 am
Thank you for spelling the prayer Crissy! I've prayed for us. It is a good wake-up smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Yes!~ Thank you for the prayer! I am happy to hear someone wanting to believe in God wholeheartedly than just knowing and memorizing verses. At times I think this only end up straying but I won't give up! Thank you! Thank you tons!~  

Minxess

Blessed Gaian

8,840 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:56 pm
Minxess
Yes!~ Thank you for the prayer! I am happy to hear someone wanting to believe in God wholeheartedly than just knowing and memorizing verses. At times I think this only end up straying but I won't give up! Thank you! Thank you tons!~

Aww, I'm happy you liked the prayer! Praying for you sis! & Thank you for encouraging me in turn with your message heart : )  
Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games