Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Fan Fiction Writing & Fan Art
ARTspiration!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Art?
  I love it!
  I like creating it.
  It's not for me.
View Results

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:16 pm
User Image

Anything and Everything about ART!

I've decided to make this thread for one simple reason- I love art!
Ever since I could hold a crayon, I enjoyed art, in all forms: drawing, painting, sculpting, mixed mediums, photography, random arts 'n' crafts, etc.
Being so busy with everyday life, I'm not really able to create art as much as I'd like, but I try to whenever I get the chance.

Not only is art fun, but it's inspirational- both creating it and admiring others' work. Hence, the title, ARTspiration.
Yes, it's cheesy, but I really do find art inspirational and a great way to express your feelings. Art gives me the motivation for all areas in my life-
I just feel free to express whatever I want. The best part about art is that there isn't a wrong way! Even if you feel as if you can't draw, paint, etc.-
it doesn't matter because art comes in all different shapes, sizes, mediums, etc.
Art is beautiful no matter what.

"The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance."
~ Aristotle

So, with all that I wrote, I want to know if there are others who enjoy art and what does it mean to you?
If you'd like, here are a few questions that you could fill out:

*****1) What inspires you to make art?
*****2) What is your favourite art medium?
*****3) What does art mean to you?
*****4) What made you take up art?

Also, I'd love to see some of your artwork! Feel free to post some here.
Just please, follow both the Guild Rules and Regulations and GaiaOnline TOS as well, and keep it at PG-13 or less.

Check out the Thread, Art Dump and post more of your artwork on there as well!  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:15 am
Art to me is many things. Photography, drawing, and painting are three of my favorite forms:

1. Photography - Almost everyone in my family takes photos. I have been taking photos of just about everything since I was a kid. I now am a Semi Pro Cosplay Photographer. I take photos of cosplayers and share what they have created with others. I look at it as honoring one art form, a Cosplay Outfit, by using another photography.

2. Drawing - I'm not good at drawing but my brother is extremely good at it. He does drafting and some Anime drawings. For me I admire those that can draw and can appreciate the beauty of them. Without drawing their wouldn't be Manga or Anime. Thanks goes to all of the illustrators who bring Manga and Anime to life for us.

3. Painting - Just like drawing it's something that I can't do but admire greatly. My favorite painter is Monet. Both paintings and drawings can express emotions, show scenes from life, and like Monet's paintings show wonderful landscapes.

4. Some people can do more than one art form. They are some of the most creative people in the World. I have a special Uncle who can draw, paint, and take wonderful Photos. I get my inspiration for taking photos from both him and my Mother.

I started to do Cosplay Photography when I went to my first Anime / Cosplay convention, Youmacon 2009. As I mentioned above I show the World the wonderful Cosplay Outfits that Cosplayers create. Also I show the Love that I have for Anime in taking the photos and their Love for them by the character that they are portraying. Through my eye for art I can bring out the best in cosplayers. The Cosplay photos that I have taken over the years can be seen in many places on this Guild, especially in many of the threads in the Anime, Manga, and Video Game Sub Forum.

Thanks goes to all of the artists out their and keep up all of the wonderful work that you do. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:25 am
Aww, that is amazing, Smithers! Your photography is great! I always look forward to seeing your new work!

Monet's art is beautiful as well!

Like you, I get my love for art from my Mom! There are many other artists in my family- those who like photography, painting (my Aunt is extremely good- that's her career as a painter).. Art is just a beautiful thing hehe

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:50 pm
Art is definitely something special. It's something that enriches our lives and pulls out the magic from the mundane. I love the many different forms of art, from drawing to music to photography to writing... the list continues.

Art has been my stress relief for as long as I can remember. The form it takes depends greatly upon my mood. They often are the scribbles in my notebooks, but, when I have time, I love to write and play the piano and sing, too. I can't say that I have one favorite medium. It depends on what I have available, and what it is I want to express.

Art is the way I am able to express myself, often when words cannot. It allows me to think and reflect, and look deeper into the world around me. There is a special type of magic in the simple things, and I try to capture that.

Growing up, my parents always encouraged my artistic inclination, providing pens, pencils, and positive reinforcement. I had always been surrounded by art, from trips to the art museums to comic books. A big inspiration for me, though, was my Dad's biology books. When I was a kid, my dad was a biology teacher. I loved to flip through his books and see the world from those pictures. I was fascinated by how things worked and the different ecosystems. I began to copy those pictures and make my own creations. From there, I began to appreciate other forms of art, and the way they portrayed the artist's vision of the world. I wanted to put my vision out there, too.  

xinitia

Crew

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:56 am
xinitia
Art is definitely something special. It's something that enriches our lives and pulls out the magic from the mundane. I love the many different forms of art, from drawing to music to photography to writing... the list continues.

Art has been my stress relief for as long as I can remember. The form it takes depends greatly upon my mood. They often are the scribbles in my notebooks, but, when I have time, I love to write and play the piano and sing, too. I can't say that I have one favorite medium. It depends on what I have available, and what it is I want to express.

Art is the way I am able to express myself, often when words cannot. It allows me to think and reflect, and look deeper into the world around me. There is a special type of magic in the simple things, and I try to capture that.

Growing up, my parents always encouraged my artistic inclination, providing pens, pencils, and positive reinforcement. I had always been surrounded by art, from trips to the art museums to comic books. A big inspiration for me, though, was my Dad's biology books. When I was a kid, my dad was a biology teacher. I loved to flip through his books and see the world from those pictures. I was fascinated by how things worked and the different ecosystems. I began to copy those pictures and make my own creations. From there, I began to appreciate other forms of art, and the way they portrayed the artist's vision of the world. I wanted to put my vision out there, too.

That's amazing. Like you, art is a way for me to express myself.

Do you have a favourite song you like to play in the piano?
P.S. Thanks for the sketch in the other thread wink

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:15 pm
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

I love playing the Star Wars theme song! I also have a book of dinosaur-inspired songs that are quite fun to play. I'm currently working through learning the theme to Jurassic Park. Unfortunately my cords for my piano disappeared in my last move, so I haven't been able to play my piano. The difficulties of having an electric piano. T-T  

xinitia

Crew

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:32 pm
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

I love playing the Star Wars theme song! I also have a book of dinosaur-inspired songs that are quite fun to play. I'm currently working through learning the theme to Jurassic Park. Unfortunately my cords for my piano disappeared in my last move, so I haven't been able to play my piano. The difficulties of having an electric piano. T-T

That's awesome! Are you looking forward to Jurassic World? I am!
Aww, no way! That sucks- I hope you find the keys! xS

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:22 pm
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

That's awesome! Are you looking forward to Jurassic World? I am!
Aww, no way! That sucks- I hope you find the keys! xS

I am definitely looking forward to Jurassic Park! It comes out on my birthday!!!  

xinitia

Crew

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:03 pm
xinitia

I am definitely looking forward to Jurassic Park! It comes out on my birthday!!!

Oh nice! You definitely need to watch it on your birthday- that's so cool!  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:46 pm
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

I work on my birthday, so I'll see it a couple of days later. Close enough, though!  

xinitia

Crew

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:21 am
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

I work on my birthday, so I'll see it a couple of days later. Close enough, though!
Aww do you? That's okay, though! (:
Where do you work? Sorry if you told me already~

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:42 pm
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia
Starz-N-Madness
xinitia

Aww do you? That's okay, though! (:
Where do you work? Sorry if you told me already~

I'm a manager at REI. I love my job, so I really don't mind going to work.  

xinitia

Crew

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:23 pm
xinitia

I'm a manager at REI. I love my job, so I really don't mind going to work.

Oh, that's awesome ^^~  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:47 am
1) What inspires you to make art?
My inspiration for art is simply to get better at it!
My career goal is to be a character designer for Disney! If not Disney, even though, my goal is to still be able to create concept art for movies or even TV shows, maybe even story boarding! It's a long shot, but I'm willing to work towards it! I think just working for Disney in general is a dream come true!
So that's also part of my inspiration. Being able to work the job I dream of working. vuv

2) What is your favourite art medium?
While I love and appreciate all forms of art, I can't do all forms of art, aha.
My favourite medium would have to be digital art making. I love my tablet, and I love my drawing programs. (There's also an undo in digital art xD )
I also draw traditionally, but not as much as I used to. Next to digital art, even though I personally can't do it, would probably be charcoal. I love artists that are able to use charcoal for their works. I don't know why, but it's very interesting for me. I've even been able to watch an artist at work with charcoal before. I would definitely smudge everything if I worked with it.

3) What does art mean to you?
Art to me is being able to express myself. It's being able to take an idea or concept, and being able to put it down and represent it.

4) What made you take up art?
I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, but honestly cartoons and anime was probably what really kicked it off for me. I loved trying to draw the characters, and stuff I had seen in different shows. vuv

Ah, my whole life is centered around the arts. I love everything about it! Music, photography, and drawing! I think I'm fairly good at drawing, and I've tried doing simple animations as well, but I'm not that good at those ;u;  

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
Fan Fiction Writing & Fan Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers