Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Did God warn Sodom and Gomorrah?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:00 am
Just wondering. In context of how He dealt with other nations I am fairly certain He did. But do you know any specific verses mentioning it?  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:46 am
Not explicitly, no. At least, none that I can find.

Just indications that the nation of Sodom was sinning against YHWH, Abraham openly acknowledged YHWH in front of Sodom's king, and that YHWH came down to see how bad it was.

• Genesis 13:13 (NIV)

13 Now the people of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the Lord.

• Genesis 14:22-23 (NIV)

22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “With raised hand I have sworn an oath to the Lord, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, 23 that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the strap of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’

• Genesis 18:20-21 (NIV)

20 Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:49 pm
cristobela

Just indications that the nation of Sodom was sinning against YHWH, Abraham openly acknowledged YHWH in front of Sodom's king, and that YHWH came down to see how bad it was.

13 Now the people of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the Lord.

22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “With raised hand I have sworn an oath to the Lord, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, 23 that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the strap of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’

20 Then the Lord said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

I think also Lot may have been a witness to them...

Genesis 19:6-9
Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

But they said, "Stand aside." Furthermore, they said, "This one came in as an alien, and already he is acting like a judge; now we will treat you worse than them." So they pressed hard against Lot and came near to break the door

Basically they are saying; "Don't judge us. It is not wicked."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:10 am
Garland-Green
cristobela

I think also Lot may have been a witness to them...

Genesis 19:6-9
Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

But they said, "Stand aside." Furthermore, they said, "This one came in as an alien, and already he is acting like a judge; now we will treat you worse than them." So they pressed hard against Lot and came near to break the door

Basically they are saying; "Don't judge us. It is not wicked."

Ah, true 3nodding  

cristobela
Vice Captain

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out