Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:54 pm
A long silence, broken by an admission and a reminder of an important point they had been overlooking.

"You're right. I'm getting ahead of myself. None of this matters if we find nothing up here." Of course, how many would still move even just for the hope of some place else existing, beyond the reach of the 'oppressive rule of the Faun Chieftain?'

Stop thinking like that. You're going to drive yourself mad.

Rais sighed, trying to release some of the tension with the breath. Overhead, the stars twinkled to life, glimmers of light in the cool blanket of night sky cast over the land. He leaned back on his hands, looking up between the branches of the canopy at the expanse beyond. Lovely.

Still, he seemed unable to drop the tense, pensive expression from his face. There was always something else cropping up, some other worry or concern...

He blinked and turned curiously as Mo called for his attention. A subject change would be welcome, perhaps help dispel some of the lingering tension.

Okay, perhaps not that subject.

Feeling flushed with warmth he couldn't quite blame solely on the campfire, Rais glanced aside, shifting his cloak as if it were somehow to blame for him overheating. Coughing into his hand, he found his voice to answer, "Err....well, no, not exactly. I mean...there's been a lot going on and there's really not been time...and I don't know how long is really appropriate before...you know..."

By the Earth, what was wrong with him? They were two adults having a conversation...albeit about his sex life...but still... Why was he acting like some awkward teenager who just learned about the birds and the bees? Perhaps Mo had a point. Well, he was supposed to give the Chief advice. Though, Rais wasn't about to just...admit he might be right.

Oh no, he wasn't going to be the only one feeling at a loss for words. Not if he could help it.

After stumbling over a couple more excuses, the Chief cleared his throat again, reaching up to rub his neck awkwardly. "I mean...I'm not looking to rush into another relationship after the last one, but...uh...just a night? I hadn't really thought about it...just been so busy and hard to take time and all..." He paused, leaving his hand on his neck, but turning to peer at Mo questioningly over his arm. "I mean...unless that's a proposition, brother?"

Seruta

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:42 am
"Eh... Technically, I'm not sure if there IS an appropriate time to jump back into the swing of things." Mo started truthfully. "However," he continued further, holding a finger up as if to point this out matter-of-factly. "You were married to her out of an arrangement." He then held up a second finger. "You are the Chief and your people would likely and sooner follow someone they identify as just as normal a faun as they are, AND...." then a third. "You are a man, aren't you? There are some urges that must be sated for one to remain sane."

With that all said, he shrugged and began removing his armor. It was hard enough to sleep with it on, and it only took him two seconds to put it back on.

However.... he froze in mid undress. His figure solid and unmoving as his eyes lay upon Rais wide as they could be. 'Did he really...?!' Now it was Mo's turn to be flushed and embarrassed. "Eh, wait. No. Nono! I wasn't impying-- Eeeehhh." Flustered and now confused, he stumbled over his words like a teen. More babble came out, more incoherent as he continued before he shook his head. "I- That's not what I meant, Rais." he sighed and then chuckled, rubbing his own neck a moment. "As flattering as that is, I..."

Yeah... he was still blow away. "I never pegged you for one to float down both streams..." he finally said, seeming to come back down to earth again.

"I'm flattered, brother. Truly. However, I have a betrothed. I promised myself to her and only her. And I plan to keep it that way unless she ruins that arrangement in some way."

He settled back down and finally ate his apple. Between bites he would tap his chin, as if thinking on something interesting and on if it would really work.

Teigra

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:16 pm
"Undressing? Just for me?"

Rais was thankful that only his eyes were visible for the moment. His lip had already curled upward into a grin and he was having trouble holding it at that. As Mo continued to sputter, however, he finally lost control. A quiet chuckle escaped first, soon followed by a deep belly laugh as the Faun Chieftain doubled over with laughter. The tension in the air around him seemed to break and it was some time before he could catch his breath. When he did, he was still chuckling softly as he reached to wipe a tear from his eye. "I...I'm sorry, my friend. But...if you could have seen your face...!"

He clapped a hand heavily on Mo's shoulder with a grin. "Fear not, Mo. The dark princess laid her claim first. You're safe from me," he chuckled, following Mo's lead and dropping titles and honorifics for their real names. It was honestly...quite refreshing. Casual and relaxed, free from formal speech.

They'd certainly left formal topics far behind already.

"Though, if you're going to ask questions, best be sure you want to hear the answers," he teased, releasing the other's shoulder and leaning back. For all the tension of late, it felt freeing to be able to let go, just for a moment, and relax in the company of a friend. A true friend. He had so few it seemed that he could trust these days. So few he felt any inclination to let down his guard around. Though their mission was serious, he reflected that perhaps this was something he had needed personally. Time away from the formalities and troubles. Time to be...not the Chief, but...just Rais.

He pondered what Mo had said. Something about floating down both streams... It wasn't a phrase he was familiar with, but the implication was clear in the conversation. The question was...did he? His teasing had been all in fun, of course. And he would never disrespect the sanctity of the bond between two Faun. But...what if his Second had no bonded? Had it all been just a joke?

"I've...never really thought about it before," he admitted honestly with a shrug. Granted, he'd certainly had more than a share of trouble with women as late, but...he'd never looked the other way before. Clearly, he was supposed to marry some worthy young faunness and she would bear his heirs, raise them to be strong, upstanding young men to lead in his stead one day, if it came to that. That had never been a question; he'd accepted it as fact. But, what he found attractive...he realized...he'd never thought about that deeply before.

"Well, tell ya' what, friend. If I make up my mind some day that I am, I'll let you know." He turned to his bag, reaching in and pulling out a hearty loaf of travel bread, which he tore in half. "Just like you'll let me know if you happen upon any more of those magic arrows, deal?" He smirked, holding out half of the bread to Mo as a clear peace offering. No harm meant, friend. Just teasing.

Seruta

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:02 pm
Mo's face was undoubtedly red. It wasn't until Rais started to laugh to he relax and start chuckling too. Ok. So he was joking around. That was fair. He did kinda walk into that one on his own.

Still, it was nice to see the Chief having a small bit of fun. It was a shame that everyone else rarely (if ever?) got to see this side of him. Seems that, as of lately, they'd only seen the rigid and steeled frame of a Faun with far too grande of a weight upon his shoulders to even dare considering cracking a smile.

"Fair enough," he started at the warning. "Though I must admit that I was not expecting you to take that route for the answer." he then laughed a bit. "Ah! Thanks." He took the offer of bread and tore off a small piece for himself before handing it back. "Save the rest for tomorrow." he offered then took a bite of what he kept.

"You know," he then began again, leaning back on his elbows and crossing his legs at the ankles. "You need to loosen up a bit out in public. It wouldn't hurt for you to socialize a bit during your duties, you know." He was silent for maybe a beat before he clapped his hands and sat up. "Lately those in Laisidhiel only see the rougher and more stern side of you..." he trailed off for a bit.

"I got it!!" He half-shouted, half-whispered.

"There's a Fauny in the tree that apparently throws these amazing parties. She threw one for Venus' day last year - you probably remember - but they called it... eh... Hearts and Hooves day?" he shrugged and chuckled. "Anyways, I'm sure if you ask her to throw a party of sorts for those in the tree, it'll be a great opportunity for them to see the less stone-cold Chief they've been seeing as of late and more the true side of their Chief. It'll also break away some of the tension between everyone, I'm sure." He finished his piece of bread then tilted his head. "What do you say, Rais?" He cracked a coy smile. "Care to let your party animal free for just one night? And who knows? Maybe you'll go to bed lucky!" he wiggled his eyebrows at that last comment and laid back, crossing his arms behind his head. It was a great idea - if he did say so himself. Not just for Rais, of course, but for the entirety of Laisidhiel. His grin would only add to that thought.

Teigra

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:49 pm
Taking back the bread, Rais broke off his own portion, then wrapped and stowed the rest away back in his pack. "Do I?" Did he really need to loosen up? Could he? Perhaps that was more the question. Of course he'd been rather 'rough' lately...ever since Laisidhiel was attacked... Whatever remaining light-heartedness he may have had before that following his divorce had burned in the fires that had threatened to consume their home. Of course, it didn't help when his authority was being challenged on all fronts, despite his best attempts to keep them all safe.

But, clearly, being the height of authority in the Tree, it fell upon his shoulders to respond to threats and disobedience. No wonder the Faun were beginning to eye him with something other than respect...but fear...no, he never wanted that. He needed a way to deal with issues that broke the laws within the Tree without painting himself as the 'bad guy'. Perhaps... An idea had begun stirring in the back of his mind...

Rather than letting himself be pulled back into that dark, dwelling pit of thinking for now, he shook his head and shrugged, keying in on Mo's newest suggestion. A party? He wanted to have this Fauny throw a party? Did they have anything to celebrate?

Maybe that was the problem. The entire Tree was too focused on fear and anger...despair at their loss. Worry that this wasn't the end of it. With that many bottled up negative emotions with no outlet...no wonder the Tree felt like an angry hornets' nest. "I don't know, but...it could be worth a try. I think everyone's spirits could stand a bit of a lift." Was there some seasonal event, perhaps? A festival that could bridge the two cultures in some way, a connection between the traditions of the Faun and some celebration from the Fauny's old land...his mind turned with the possibility, coming up with some options. To Mo's suggestion, he turned a raised eyebrow on his friend with a smirk. "'Party animal?' Be careful what you wish for, friend. Never know what you might receive."

Chuckling softly, Rais began returning some of his travel items to his pack and pulling out others to prepare for the night. The distance was certainly helping him gain perspective on issues at home. However, they still had a mission to tackle out here. His thoughts turning back to present business, he nodded upwards towards the starry sky beyond the canopy. "In any case, the hour grows late. We should get some rest. There's still far to go to our goal." As he prepped for sleep, his thoughts had returned to the current mission. What would they discover on this trip? Had the princesses been telling the truth? Had it all been a story? Or were there some partial truth here that was being spun for other purposes?

Rais held no personal grudge against the dark princess, nor could he claim any personal fondness either. He'd had little to do with her aside from the casual knowledge of her relationship with his Second. Until recently.

If only for Mo's case, he was hoping that this mission did not result in any unfortunate discoveries.

Seruta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:21 pm
Mo just chuckled and waggled his eyebrow in a returned tease. He was certain that a party was just the thing the faun needed. And not just the faun... Rais needed it too. He was sure of it!

He yawned a bit and folded his arms under his head. His eyes turned towards the stars to follow Rais' gaze and nodded. The night was passing swiftly. Perhaps they were having a bit too much fun...?

In any case, there was sleep or at least rest to be had. If anything he had to close his eyes for a short while. Thankfully, being out of the tree had his ears pivoting this way and that to catch any unusual sounds. The stars though.... they were breathtaking! The top canopy of the tree hid the stars from view to those within. It had been some time since he moved to the tree. Before, he'd lived in the woods across the bridge. The stars were always his nightlight....

There was a moment's silence before he smiled softly.

"It's been ages since I've slept under the stars like this..." He wasn't trying to stir up a conversation again. He was mainly talking to himself! But the sentiment of the moment could easily be detected. It was a true comment.

He almost missed his solidarity. Things were less stressful. Less eventful...

.... Almost....

His gaze fell upon the moon and he cracked another soft smile. It wasn't his 'Moon'... but at least it was enough to put him at some small bit of ease that she was somehow still with him in spirit just by looking on it.

Another yawn overcame him and he closed his eyes, ears still pivoting to the noises around them...

~*~*~

Mo had woken up a small while before Rais would have. The sounds of morning had stirred him from sleep and he stretched quietly, letting the Chief sleep a little longer as he shifted and scouted around their camp swiftly and as quietly as he could. Just a few small creatures had roamed near their camp, but his scent markers seemed to have done the trick. Good. They had enough excitement within the tree. They didn't exactly want any out here.

He was gone for about 10 minutes or so before he decided to head back. Sun had started to peek over the horizon at that point, putting a small rainbow of brightly growing colors though the canopy. Perhaps Rais would be awake now? He trotted back, tongue lolling off the side of his jaw as he reentered the camp...

Teigra

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:39 pm
Rais finished packing his bedroll, ear flicking lightly before he turned to the canine. A half smile, a nod of greeting, then he returned to the business of packing up the campsite. It had been ages since he'd spent the night beneath the boughs of any tree aside from Laisidhiel, and though it was not the same, it was not necessarily something that was not appreciated, if in a different way. Still, as pleasant as the evening had been, they had business to attend to and the Chieftain was getting eager to get going again. Bordering on antsy, he gave the campsite a once over (for the third time) before picking up both packs. Assuming Mo would prefer to keep to his canine form for speed, he gestured north with a tilt of his head. "Shall we be off?"

As they were well into Ithyl Forest already, Rais was hoping that perhaps if they pushed themselves just a bit harder than yesterday, maybe...just maybe, they could close in on their goal. It had been seasons since the Chieftain had been able to truly 'stretch his legs' out on the land...and he'd been pleased with how well Mo's canine form seemed able to keep up. They'd made better time than he'd originally hoped.

What was it exactly that he was hoping to find? Was there some truth to any of this? Was there some offspring of Laisidhiel this far north? If so, how did it get here? What would they do if there was such a Tree?

On the other hand, how would he have to respond if instead they found nothing; that it was all some elaborate ruse...?

Tension creeping in between his shoulders once more, the Chieftain focused on running instead. The scent and feeling of the trees whisking by on either side of him. The firm feeling of the earth beneath his hooves. Strong. Natural. Empowering. Some of the tension eased and he began to feel clearer in thought...

...what was that?

Slowing, Rais' hoofbeats fell quiet and he paused near an old oak, reaching out to brace one hand against its bark as he peered around the trunk. He held out an arm to halt his canine companion, turning to shoot him a look that clearly read 'Something's here.' Green eyes narrowed and scanning the area, the Chieftain sought out the sense of what had disrupted his path. Something...something in the way...something distracting...

He'd been moving without checking the map's coordinates since they broke camp early that morning.

Now, he'd slipped into hunting mode, senses on alert for the slightest sign. Suddenly, one ear flicked forward at a rustle from the foliage just ahead and to their right. Easily a couple of dozen yards away, it wasn't close enough to see anything there, but...something was definitely there...

Seruta

((NOTE: Even in canine form, Mo will be able to tell little from the scent of what lies ahead. Something strange and alien...and yet, just a bit familiar at the same time...))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:06 pm
Oh good! Rais was awake! And also ready to leave! Even better!

Despite all the tension this mission seemed to stir, Mo was eager to get going. He had to know the truth. Did his bride to be really keep secrets from him? He can easily understand why, but there were some secrets that she shouldn't worry about keeping. Still, he tossed that worry from his thoughts as he barked softly in response.

A part of him was glad he'd have to stay in dog form for now. It meant faster travel... and his heightened senses made him feel a little safer when traveling. Seeing Rais grab up his pack made a small playful growl of a bark escape him before he bounded a ways ahead of Rais.

He darted ahead for a bit, then fell back. He did this off an on as they moved. Every now and then, he'd rub a shoulder roughly against the bark of a tree. Leaving a mild scent marker for them to follow back should they ever get lost.

They ran for a bit, Mo falling behind a bit to leave another brush of scent on a tree when he saw Rais freeze. So he did too....

Alerts went high for a moment as he tried to pinpoint what it was that Rais had seen. His ears perked, his nose started twitching wildly... As quietly as he could, he flanked into the underbrush, out of sight of Rais. He was careful to tread as softly as he could, barely rustling anything as he moved as fluidly as his canine form would allow.

There was something familiar about this scent.... He couldn't place it... It was far too different for him to pinpoint any sort of familiarity.

He found himself suddenly swimming in the scent and he paused in the path where the something just was. He could hear the rustling not too far away and his eyes darted about in that direction as his nose dipped and searched for more of the strange scent.

An ear flew back momentarily to Rais and he guessed that this spot put him back into his brother's sight for the time being. Good.... Instincts were kicking and he he crouched down just a smidge.

With his nose still sniffing at the ground, he cautiously stepped towards the rustling nearby. The scent growing stronger with each small step.

Teigra

(*XD watch it be a squirrel and Mo's canine brain takes over... "SQUIRREL!!! ~makes chase!~" *)  

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:14 pm
As the pair of Faun neared the source of the noise, the rustling stopped. A short, sharp intake of breath was heard...immediately the foliage was disturbed again as whatever it was quickly darted away from the pair. Aside from the sound of the foliage, it left little in its wake, moving as swiftly and quietly as a deer bounding through the forest. Frustratingly, it remained out of sight as it escaped to the north.

Rais had started to circle in the opposite direction of Mo, silently coordinating with the canine to trap the unknown prey with a pincer movement. The sudden silence caused him to freeze warily...then curse as their quarry seemed to notice their efforts and flee northward. He ignored the instinctual urge to pursue, though his gaze flickered towards Mo with momentary concern. It wouldn't do to rush headlong after an unknown foe...even if it only turned out to be a hare or some ground squirrel. They were outside their own territory and needed to keep their wits about them. Hopefully Mo could do the same in his canine form.

Oh, Rais was still going to pursue it. There was no question of that. Though it was possible it was some small woodland creature...he had some doubts. Of course, it also didn't escape his realization just how easily the hunters could become the hunted...

Resettling the packs securely over his shoulders so he'd be free of worrying about them shaking free or being dropped, he motioned towards Mo with a quick, harsh whisper. "After it. Don't lose it, but don't close in without me either. Circle wide and keep tracking until it slows." With that, he darted off to the left, curving in an arc while trailing the swift creature.

Seruta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:12 pm
Even though his canine form was a far cry quieter than his normal form, he still managed to alert the... whatever it was..... that they were there.

'CRAP!!! WAIT!! NOOO!!!'

His entire body went rigid as he did a half jump forward and then froze. 'No! NONONO!! It's running!!! CHASE IT!! Wait! No.. No chasing... But, it's getting away! Must. Catch!!
Wait!!!'

He whined, eyes snapping towards Rais as the thing ran off. Ears were high, legs were jittering and itching to sprint after the running thing!!

'RAIS!!! This is my sad face!! LOOK at it!! LET ME G--!!!!!'

"After it."

'YIP!!!!'

He bolted, not needing to be told twice!

'YES! Chase!! A CHASE!! GOGOGOGOGOGO!!!'

He took off at almost top speed, the last few words from Rais' lips reaching him and registering before he was out of range. Rais would have seen him turn on a dime, flanking like he had mentioned.

'Keep it close! Keep it close! Circle wide and keep it close!'

He weaved and followed it. Every now and then he'd check to make sure Rais was still in play!

Odd thing about this thing though.... He could never catch a glimpse of it.... It always managed to stay far enough ahead that any chance of seeing this thing was fleeting.

'Circling wide suuuuucks! I want to chase it!!' he whined to himself.

He circled wide again, ears pivoting to search for the rustling that was Rais.

Teigra

(* "WAIT! SQUIRREL!! COME BACK!! I LOVE YOU!!!" ./Doug *)  

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:23 pm
Impressive that something could keep up such speed when pursued by two trained Faun...well, one Faun and one hunting dog. The creature remained out of sight, only the rustling of the foliage to lead them on. Even that sound soon fell silent...had the creature stopped? Pulled away from them completely? Taken another path? The pursuers would find an open clearing ahead of them...a small pond with a shack built on high stilts to one side.

No sign of what they had been chasing.

On the other side of the clearing, just before the treeline of the forest, a single tree stood, fairly nondescript.

There are no signs of movement in or around the shack by the pond. The scent trail of what they were following leads in the other direction, towards the lone tree. Though it seems normal from a distance, as one nears, the tree seems to grow in size, greater than those around it by multitudes.

Seruta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:13 pm
The "chase" had continued and for a while he was overjoyed! He was getting to chase the thing! And Rais was chasing the thing! However, Mo whined as he seemingly sprang into a clearing and the thing was gone!

'What?!'

Confused, he began spinning in place, nose trailing the ground to catch wind of whatever it was they were originally following. He whined and whimpered.

'Nono! No! Not gone! Where'd you go? Where'd you go?!'

He spun around a few more times, his sniffing trail seeming to spiral and weave him towards the cabin a moment before he did a gruff little bark and darted a few feet towards the tree. He did a few more spirals and twists before yipping towards Rais and starting further towards the tree.

This time he was slower, more cautious. His head popped up at every sound and his nose dipped down periodically to ensure that he was still following the trail. About halfway between the shack and the tree he stopped, panting heavily to catch his breath and also to make sure that Rais was still with him. He wasn't going to go any further without him, that was for sure....

And also... rest.

Running is hard.... sometimes........

Teigra

(* "WAIT! SQUIRREL!! COME BACK!! I LOVE YOU!!!" ./Doug *)  

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:59 pm
Rais had stopped stock still upon entering the clearing, staring at the tree on the far side with narrowed eyes. At first, he seemed to ignore Mo's tracking efforts, but the sharp yips seemed to pull his attention away from the tree, if momentarily.

"No, I think the chase is over," he commented, looking back towards the tree. It seemed the scent trail confirmed his suspicions. Whatever they'd been chasing had headed towards that tree, perhaps to hide in its branches if it could climb. Was it waiting to ambush them if they got close?

Rais moved to catch up with Mo, then continued taking steps to pass the canine. He frowned, staring ahead. Wait a moment...is that...? One step...two...then more, taking him closer to the tree. He could feel...something here. Something he couldn't quite put his finger on.

"There's something here," he stated quietly, trusting his companion to hear him clearly. The closer he moved, the larger the tree appeared. More so than could be explained by normal perspective. It grew from a small, nondescript tree to a towering giant by the time he was close enough to stare up at its boughs. He could feel it...stronger than the surrounding forest, the connection...

Reaching out, Rais laid a hand on the trunk of the tree, eyes closing in concentration. In moments, the bark seemed to split, pulling apart and opening to form a large, gaping hole, easily accessible as a doorway. Inside, however, it remained dark, the warm light of the sunshine outside creating enough contrast to mask what might lie within.

Rais glanced back at his companion. "You may stay here if you wish...or come with me, your choice." Then, he turned and disappeared into the dark doorway.

((NOTE: If Mo chooses to follow, the doorway will shut behind them both.))

Seruta

((RP READER CHECK: What do you think it was that Rais and Mo were chasing? PM your guesses to Guardian Iris before 11:59PM EST on 06/28/15! Open to all players!))  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:21 pm
There was no mistaking the fact that the tree seemed to get bigger and bigger the closer they got. He whined softly, not panting heavily and fully knowing that if he shifted out of dog now he'd collapse and be useless to Rais for the next few minutes. He wasn't about to let that happen right now. They had no clue what they were chasing, but they did know it went towards that tree!

The tree....

Was this the tree that Luna and the other Princesses had seen and mentioned? It looked... well... rather ordinary to him. There wasn't even a door.... or windows... or really any sign of life aside from the various nature growing around it.

Odd....

He stayed close to Rais' heels, ears pivoting to everything when they weren't focusing forward to listen for the thing. Where did that thing go anyways?! Did it go up in the branches?

He took a brief pause to look up once Rais stopped near the base. It was a tall tree... It really wouldn't surprise him if---

He jumped as the tree began to split open. Rais' hand seemed to have registered a hidden magic and voodoo'd the door into existence...

'Pffft.. Voodoo'd....'

Still cautions were raised and he let out a sft whine as Rais gave him the follow or stay ultimatum. Should he stay or should he go? He was only briefly unsure, but once Rais stepped forward, so did he. He wasn't about to let his Brother do this alone...

His guard raised once more as he followed in behind Rais and the door closed behind them...

Teigra

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:50 pm
The clearing remained silent after the two Faun disappeared into the tree. The sun began to set, and still no sign of the pair of travelers...however, something else did happen. The nondescript tree seemed to take on a light of its own as the sun sank below the horizon and the moon rose into the sky. As the stars awoke and glimmered across the night sky, similar twinkling specks of light appeared in the air, dancing over the bark of the tree, even rising from within. The entire tree was alight and alive!

And still no sign of the faun.

The night passed slowly, and as the glow of the sun crept over the horizon, the moon and the dancing lights of the tree withdrew into hiding for another day. Only well after the sun had taken over the morning sky, down below, the bark of the tree slowly pulled apart once more, creating an archway within...

Rais emerged from the dusky interior of the tree. As the light had faded from the moon, they had returned to normal sunlight for the day. He appeared somewhat worn, with lines under his eyes as if he'd not slept much. However, at the same time, oddly, it seemed as if some invisible weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

He looked up at the sky, estimating the time, and rested a hand on the firm trunk of the tree. The whispers of soft turmoil washed over him...worry, stress, fear, anxiety...also hope, eagerness, pride, strength...all faint and distantly removed. He chuckled softly, patting the trunk reassuringly. Time. Time and patience. All will be well.

The Chieftain turned and glanced over his shoulder for his companion. "Brother? Are you ready? We have far to go and much to discuss before we get home." He reached to retrieve their packs, left ready by the entrance to the tree. There was much to do as well as much to be discussed. No small matter. And yet, the removal of that unseen weight seemed to have him ready to tackle the obstacles to come head-on. Some would have to wait until they returned to Laishidiel, however...he had much to discuss with Mo concerning the night's events first.

Seruta

:[ Notices & Metaplot ]: ~ Metaplot related character advancement

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces