Submit

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:45 pm
The night had been so eventful that Mo almost didn't want to wake up that morning. He'd slept so nicely! All worries and woes had been literally put aside for one night and he slept deeper than he had in quite some time. He yawned and stepped out behind Rais from the tree with a groggy expression.

He blinked at the light rising outside and grumbled. "I suppose. Do I have much choice?" he asked with a bit of a chuckle and then found himself yawning again. "Honestly, brother..." he then started as he rolled his shoulders and grabbed up his from Rais' hands. "I haven't slept like that in years. I was having the most remarkable dream, too!" He smirked after a brief pause, and with a bit of a smug look, he raised a brow and looked to Rais. "You were in it."

It was all a big tease though. There was no such dream... just silence. Sweet, peaceful silence. Still - he liked to keep his Chief's spirits high, at least. A little laugh here and there was enough at times.

"C'mon then. If you're so eager to get back after all that, then let's get a move on!" He turned, starting back the way they came.

Teigra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:53 pm
Chuckling, Rais lifted an eyebrow at Mo's comment. "Well, have to continue that dream later on, Brother," he shot back without hesitation, shouldering his pack. "Work before pleasure and all that."

Covering a yawn, the Chieftain started crossing the clearing. He hadn't gotten quite enough sleep, but there had been just too much on his mind. Now that the sun was up, he knew sleep would be only a fevered dream, so to speak, until that night. Best to get started and get as much done as possible.

As the pair moved further from the tree, the opening slowly began to close in on itself, the bark coming together and sealing over as if there'd never been a hole there at all. They left the tree behind, completely nondescript once more in the light of the sun. The journey back would be long with much to be discussed.

Rais waited until they had put some distance behind them before he broached the first topic. Clearing his throat, he'd slowed his pace to allow for conversation and glanced towards Mo. "I have a very important task for you when we return, Brother. Because of what you've seen and what we've discovered, as well as your previous relationship...I will need you to talk to Luna."

Seruta

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:39 pm
He pulled a pair of apples from his pack before slinging his over his shoulders. He gave a hearty laugh and shook his head. "I was merely making a joke. Sadly, there was no such dream. I just wanted to see your reaction. You know," he tossed an apple at Rais and chuckled some more. "... just to make sure you were truly awake."

He bit into his apple and sighed, taking in the silence and for the moment all stress was pushed aside! It was a wonderful feeling. He breathed in the air and couldn't help but grin! What they had witnessed was truly remarkable!

His momentary daydream shifted as Rais began to speak again. He blinked, looking over at the Chief for a moment, studying him and taking in his words before responding.

Previous relationship? Curious that Rais would choose that phrase to describe his current relationship. He shrugged it off, however, tossing it up as just sleep deprivation.

Talking to Luna, on the other hand, would be easy enough. He did that as often as he could! He tilted his head though. There was clearly something still nestled on those shoulders of Rais'... Even if he did appear as though the world itself had lifted off it.

"About what, exactly?" he asked. "I assumed there are a few things we've witnessed that you'd rather I keep to just us until further notice." He took another bite of his apple and listened to what he might have to say.

Teigra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:41 pm
"A few, yes," the Chieftain admitted. "But, there are some things you will need to speak to her about." He'd spent most of the night awake and much of that considering the future and how to handle this new situation. Even so, he wasn't entirely happy with the conclusion...but he'd had no better solution. And other than his reluctance, and concern over how Mo would handle the news, it would likely work out the best in the long run.

He couldn't handle every crisis personally, he realized that, much as he hated to do so. His Circle was meant to support him and help ease the burden of leadership by sharing it. He had to trust them to take on some of the worries.

And so, as they walked, Rais related what he had decided regarding the tree. He detailed his plans, and Mo's part in them. His Second would have work to do when they returned to Laisidhiel...if he did not outright refuse the proposed plan, of course. When he finished, he looked back at Mo expectantly.

"Can I trust you to do all that, Brother?"

Seruta

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:06 pm
He listened quietly for a time. He nodded softly as Rais spoke, taking in and understanding him as he listened on. It worked out better in his brain when he put himself in Rais' hooves and laid out his 'plan' in that light. It all made sense. Mo understood it completely!

Yet, Mo had a few worries of his own on this request. There was a lot now resting on his own shoulders.There was a long silence that followed Rais' query before he managed words again.

"You have my word, Brother... I'll do my best, at the very least." he offered calmly.

Teigra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 pm
"That is all I can ask," Rais answered with a solemn nod.

They continued in silence for a bit, then Rais reached into his pack, removing the last of the bread and breaking it in half before offering one to Mo. They were moving at a slow enough pace for conversation; may as well take the opportunity to fuel their energy levels.

"I did have another question," he spoke at last. Gaze flicking towards his companion, Rais asked, "Your eldest. Twinkle. How does she fair after that...bit of unfortunate business in days past?" He had actually meant for her to avoid the confrontation that had occurred when Faroth returned to the Tree, however...he had to respect her sense of responsibility if that was what drove her to remain to see things through. He had seen little of his Second's eldest, however, in the days to follow.

Seruta

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:39 pm
He felt somewhat satisfied that Rais understood and accepted the small promise to the task. Still, bringing all this up to Luna was a very delicate task. It would take some careful planning and a well placed choice of wording to satisfy his future bride... given what the topic entailed. He sighed softly then humbly took the offering of bread with a soft and whispered, "Thanks."

He took a bite or two before Rais spoke up again. This time he swallowed his bite before sighing almost sadly. Poor Twinkle. Blamed herself for ruining lives, as she put it.

He took a deep breath as they walked then nodded towards Rais. "She's fairing well now." he started then took another bite. "She had feared more so for the little ones. She felt as though she may have ruined their lives for exposing his actions. She didn't wish to separate the family by telling us of his actions, but I have assured her that she was in the right. The rules are set for a reason, and thus those who act out against them must suffer the consequences."

He took another bite. "I would like to point out that I haven't told anyone of her involvement. Only you and I have knowledge of who spotted him. Reason being, I have noticed that his boy, Ranuin, seems a bit... flustered, if you will, over the situation. I don't think he'd dare, seeing as he's friends with my other daughter, Moony, but she revealed to me that she is now more so worried that both he and her sister would... 'not be too thrilled' if they were to discover this little bit of news." Another bite. "Of course, if someone was to put two and two together they'd know, obviously, but still..." He sighed. "No one's seemed to notice thus far."

"All in all, despite the fact of keeping mostly to herself in the higher branches as of late, she seems to have come to terms with it." He took a quick look at Rais, curious as to why one of his children was brought up at all? "And what about you?" he then asked cautiously. "You nearly started an earthquake that day. How are you fairing now that it's settled somewhat?"

Teigra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:56 pm
How was he fairing? Rais hadn't been expecting the question to be turned back on him. He shook his head lightly, eyes fixed on the path ahead. "I shouldn't have let my temper show. It was never meant to become such a public scene. On the other hand, I finally needed to put my hoof down. Too many Faun disregarding the rules that are meant to keep us all safe. I'm not sure yet if what happened is going to help or hurt the cause in the end."

He glanced towards Mo, then sighed again. "It's a shame it had to happen that way. I know Faroth is no traitor. At least, the boy would never do anything to knowingly endanger the Tree...but that's the trouble. He has a long-standing history of acting without thinking first. Even if he means the best, that's no excuse for breaking the rules. Even if it were unintentional on his part, our enemies could take advantage of that naivety to do us harm. The timing is also a shame, with new little ones to care for, but..." He halted his stride, making a fist with eyes closed. "He forced my hand. He has no one to blame but himself. I could no more make exceptions for him than I could any other Faun."

This conversation wasn't supposed to be about him. Rais shook his head again, trying to turn back to his original point, though it seemed he remained somewhat bothered by the situation. "That aside...I was wondering, having not seen much of her after the hostility erupted. She's always had some problems coping with the normal noise and bustle of life within the Tree since her power ceremony, has she not? I'm sure that confrontation didn't help and that the curfew has made things harder for her to cope."

After a moment, Rais continued, "I may have some work for her that takes her away from the Tree a bit more. I know she's an adult and can make her own decisions, just...thought I'd say something to my friend first, being her father and all. If she's up to the work and willing to take it on, of course."

Seruta

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 pm
Mo nodded silently as they continued on. "You did what was necessary." he offered simply. He was agreeing with Rais one hundred percent.

"I'm sure he realizes where you are coming from. Otherwise he'd be a handful for our Root Guards." He took a moment to finish his apple and wrap up the core, tucking it into his pack. A present for the Apples since they could reuse the seeds for newer crops. "They've been saying he's been very compliant. He doesn't argue, protest, or even fight them at all." he then waved his hand a bit. "I'm sure you've heard all that, but the point is: If he wasn't in understanding of the charges placed against him, he'd be making enough noise to get the rest of the faun in an uproar. And they're not."

Mo patted Rais' shoulder in assurance. "Helping or Hurting, you did what you needed to do to protect everyone. And who knows! Maybe in seeing your temper from time to time, the Faun as a whole will understand you mean business. Especially when it comes to Laisidhiel and all her children."

Reassurance speech aside, Mo listened as Rais returned the topic to Twinkletoes. He nodded solemnly and sighed. "She has." There was a pause before he chuckled and cracked a soft smile. "You know, when she was younger, we used to believe she was just clumsy. She told me that she always had heightened senses and it often distracted her from where she was going and what she was doing. However, she said the ceremony actually amplified everything." He shook his head and frowned a bit. "She said she used to call it a curse. But after that explosion, when she lost her hearing for a short while, she appears to understand and respect its purpose. She was more frightened and scared in that time than she was when she heard almost literally everything."

He dodged a low branch in the path and sprang back up to keep in step by Rais. He continued. "The curfew doesn't bother her much. She stays up in the higher branches at night. Close to the gardens so the night guards can keep an eye on her too." he confirmed, then listened as Rais seemed to beat around the bush a bit more.

One thing struck as odd to Mo. Rais was telling him his daughter would be sent out for work. But he wasn't saying what this was about. Or what all the work would entail. It seemed... sketchy, almost. Shady. But if he knew anything about Rais, he wouldn't send a child out on anything important unless he knew for a fact they'd be successful.

Okay... so, Twinkletoes wasn't a child anymore, but she was still his child. He - oddly enough - gave birth to her, so he felt even more so connected to his children than most fathers would, in his own opinion.

There was a bit of a pause where Mo seemed to roll things around in his brain. If Rais was to look, Mo would clearly be deep in thought at this idea. Milling over the possibilities on just what kind of job Twinkletoes would qualify for and what all she would be required to do... or better.... where would Rais be sending her?!

He milled over and over before he finally shook his head. Rais wouldn't do anything to put Twinkle in any sort of harm. Even better, Laisidhiel wouldn't allow it! Putting that down to ease his own thoughts... somewhat... He nodded again and took a deep breath. "You're right. She's not a little kid anymore. She can make her own decisions." He cast a sideways glance at Rais. "I don't suppose you'd tell me what this job might be?"

Teigra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:06 pm
With a moment's thought, Rais chuckled softly. "Well, that might depend on you, actually after all..." He proceeded to explain, then go over the details of the job that lay ahead of Mo when they returned. He knew he was asking a lot of his Adviser, but...if he didn't think he could handle it, he wouldn't ask.

The sun was sinking low in the sky by the time they found themselves beneath Laisidhiel's branches again. With no more need to be covert, they entered through the main door and waved to the guards on duty before splitting up inside the Great Tree. After Mo went his own way, the Chief headed for his quarters, dropping the bag to the floor just inside the door. He felt simultaneously exhausted, relieved, burdened, yet elated. There was so much new work to be done...and yet, with some fears relieved, that work didn't seem as daunting as it might have before. Still...a long, restful sleep in his cot sounded good for the time being.

Seruta

[FIN]

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
:[ Notices & Metaplot ]: ~ Metaplot related character advancement

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items