Submit

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:11 pm
First off, we're a long distance relationship since I think that changes a few things advice wise. Second, onto my troubles.

For the past few days, nearly a week or so, it's been really hard to be in contact with him. The only interactions we've had this past week-ish is a couple texts a day, maybe a picture relating to us or a roleplay we're in, a comment or two about said picture, and good nights+good night kisses.

I live and breathe off of affection, and he knows this. It's EXTREMELY hard for me to be in a long distance relationship at all because of it, but I love him a lot ya know? The nights are lonely, the bed is cold, such and such. I've told I get a little lonely when we aren't able to interact, and his parents do have him do work around the house which is understandable, but the reason he hasn't been responding to me is because he's been playing Rune Factory this past week or so.

I did get a little upset, because I have tried to talk to him this past week but his responses were so short it was literally IMPOSSIBLE to create a conversation! I tried talking about this with him, but he went to other stuff to prepare for bed, for nearly an hour.

I don't know what to do...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:43 pm
ask him for some time where he can talk to you and not be distracted by other things. If he can't oblige long Distance isn't going to work out.

You need the affection, he needs to supply as much as he can. If you wait it out you will hopefully be in a situation where the distance won't be so tough.

If he can't supply the time because of things like gaming too much, then break it off, and find someone who can meet your needs.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Satan is My Sugar Daddy

Lavish Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Married 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:06 pm
Banshee Cupcake
First off, we're a long distance relationship since I think that changes a few things advice wise. Second, onto my troubles.

For the past few days, nearly a week or so, it's been really hard to be in contact with him. The only interactions we've had this past week-ish is a couple texts a day, maybe a picture relating to us or a roleplay we're in, a comment or two about said picture, and good nights+good night kisses.

I live and breathe off of affection, and he knows this. It's EXTREMELY hard for me to be in a long distance relationship at all because of it, but I love him a lot ya know? The nights are lonely, the bed is cold, such and such. I've told I get a little lonely when we aren't able to interact, and his parents do have him do work around the house which is understandable, but the reason he hasn't been responding to me is because he's been playing Rune Factory this past week or so.

I did get a little upset, because I have tried to talk to him this past week but his responses were so short it was literally IMPOSSIBLE to create a conversation! I tried talking about this with him, but he went to other stuff to prepare for bed, for nearly an hour.

I don't know what to do...

I am also in a long distance relationship. I also need a lot of affection too.
That isn't right for him to play video games and ignore you. I believe you should tell him that you're more important than a video game and that you really need to. To spend time with my boyfriend a lot, I play the video games with him since I have a laptop he bought me. But overall I have played video games my entire life so of course it natural for me to want to play. Just tell him how you feel about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:39 pm
The entire basis of a long distance relationship is communication. Without it, you have pretty much nothing but your feelings, and right now you're feeling pretty bad. I know it's been hard to get him to listen to you, but you definitely need to keep pushing that you need to talk. He needs to understand that this type of relationship can't work if you can't keep up healthy conversation. As of right now, your words are all you two have.

I think another thing you might need to understand is that putting affection as that high of a need could be very unhealthy for you. Wanting affection is not a bad thing at all, it's normal and of course you want it from a loved one, but being heavily dependent on it is not good. It sounds as though you mainly miss the physical aspects of a relationship, and that's normal, but since this is long distance, there may be times where you'll have to deal with the lack of affection you want. Not saying it's okay that he isn't giving you much right now, not at all, but there will be other times where it might seem like it's not enough, but it's not necessarily anyone's fault.

Now again, I'm not saying you can't want affection, but the amount may be a problem given the type of relationship you currently have. Now if things were perfectly fine for you up until the point where he started playing this game, then hopefully this can be alleviated, but he has to be willing to talk. If he's placing too much importance into this game and not the living, breathing person with feelings that loves him, then he needs to reevaluate his priorities. When I say that though, he still does have the right to have time to his game and other activities, but he's still obligated to make time for you as well and he needs to understand this.

But again, he has to be willing to talk. If he can't do that, then you might reach a dead end in this relationship. As much as you love him and want to make it work, if he can't converse with you then you don't have anything to base your relationship on. You can't move forward if he's not willing to make the first step.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers