Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply West Coast & Mountain Conventions
Point Defiance Cosplay Clean-Up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:12 pm
I know that some of you are in the Seattle area, so I thought this might interest you.

It's last minute, but this Sunday, June 14th, Wil' o' th' Wisp Cosplay is hosting a cosplay clean-up at Owen Beach in Point Defiance, Tacoma. Cosplay is a great opportunity to promote environmental awareness. It's one thing to ignore people picking up trash in street clothes, and another to ignore a group of cosplayers picking up trash.

For more information, check out the Facebook Event Page.

Again, I know that this is last minute, but there will more clean ups in the future with much better notice.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:44 am
Dang it! I'll be out of town that day! If I wasn't going to be gone I would've helped since I live so close to it.  

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:47 pm
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf
Dang it! I'll be out of town that day! If I wasn't going to be gone I would've helped since I live so close to it.

Ah! Well, next time. I'll be sure to post future clean ups here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:24 pm
xinitia
Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

Ah! Well, next time. I'll be sure to post future clean ups here.

Awesome. I would love to attend one.  

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:06 pm
The Owen Beach Clean Up was awesome! Only two of us showed up, but we picked up 5.4 lbs of trash, filling two full trash bags. The trash was comprised almost entirely of cigarette butts, Capri Sun straws, and gum.

I pulled my Naruto shinobi gear from my vaults. I haven't used this stuff since 2009. It was so nostalgic!

My favorite thing that happened on Sunday occurred when I was walking towards the water. A man in front of me tossed his trash on the ground. He looked up, saw what I was doing, and turned beet red. He sheepishly picked up his trash, put it in my bag, and bolted. It was awesome!

User Image

User Image

West Coast & Mountain Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces