Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Miley Cyrus: Belief in Noah's Ark is 'Insane'

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:43 am
Miley Cyrus: Belief in Noah's Ark is 'Insane'

Resource on the ark;
Noah’s Ark - Answers in Genesis  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:30 am
*sigh* Yep. Figures. I would not be surprised at all if her conscience is seared, as Paul would put it.  

D-BoyTheFighter

Blessed Lionheart

16,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Fusion Expert 300

MeleKeli

Beloved Gekko

10,575 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:20 pm
Aloha to all my Gaia Braddahs and Sistahs, heart
It's really sad that her parents are not interceding in her life and setting her back on the right path. It goes to show that her family is dysfunctional and in that dysfunction, she is going farther down a destructive path that if she's not careful, will cost her spiritually a considerable amount... and if not stopped, to her own destruction. SMH. sad

Look at our youth today. Were are the good examples for them to follow? I tried desperately with all of the keikis (children) that befriended my daughter... and despite my love and helping many of them through some difficult times, a few have gone down a similar path. Two have had children out of wedlock... but they're still babies... barely 20 and thinking they know it all. But I rejoice in that just recently, I gave my daughter a purity ring and she was so excited to get it. She's very verbal about staying a virgin, not drinking, smoking or doing drugs. The most difficult thing in her walk with the Lord is why aren't there friends who believe as she does? She doesn't want to get involved at church because she's seen hypocrisy and she doesn't want to get hurt any more. Pray for her, yes? 3nodding

Let's keep all our youth our prayers and earnestly strive to reach those by setting the examples ourselves first, yes?

Thank you for posting this article. Keep steadfast my dear ohana (family). It's going to get much worse before it gets better.

Take care, stay safe and aloha 'oe. heart
God bless,
-MeleKeli wink wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:28 pm
As someone that formerly experimented with drugs, mind-altering substances will spiritually numb a person. If you've seen Cyrus' social media, you'll know she (and many other young celebrities) is a drug user. Some will argue that it "enhances" someone's spirituality. What does the bible say about being "sober-minded"?

Quote:
Biblical principle concerns our susceptibility to deception. As fallible creatures we are prone to delusion. And since we are the objects of God’s intense affection, His enemies are our enemies. This includes THE enemy, the Devil, the father of lies (John 8:44), a most formidable and determined adversary. All of the apostolic exhortations to remain sober-minded and alert (1 Corinthians 15:34; 1 Thessalonians 5:4-8; 2 Timothy 4:5; 1 Peter 1:13; 4:7; 5:8) are designed to remind us that we must be vigilant against the wiles of the Devil (1 Peter 5: cool , who seeks to ensnare us through deception. Sobriety is also important for prayer (1 Peter 4:7), as is obedience to God (Isaiah 1:10-17).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/sin-drugs.html#ixzz3dYpRpoaP

Now, add those drug influenced delusions and intertwine them with the vanity, greed, and warped reality that comes with the territory of being cultivated as an uprising star in Hollywood. I feel sorry for Miley Cyrus and others like her. All you can do is pray for these celebrities and those that idolize them.

It also should be of no surprise to anyone that these actors and actresses are deeply troubled. To give you an idea of the environment that allows them their livelihoods, I will cite a quote from Anton LaVey's (author of the Satanic Bible):

"We can use TV as a potent propaganda machine. The stage is set for the infusion of true Satanic philosophy and potent (emotionally inspiring) music to accompany the inverted crosses and pentagrams. Instead of holding our rituals in chambers designed for a few dozen people, we are moving into auditoriums crowded with ecstatic Satanists thrusting their fists forward in the sign of the horns.”
Anton Szandor LaVey, “The Devil’s Notebook”, p. 85

Always be mindful of the media that you ingest into your lives (and lives of your families), everyone. Pray to God for discernment to see through the smoke and mirrors. The Devil's Notebook was published in 1992, and we can see a lot of this propaganda (if you take the time to look) and the effect it has on the youth of today.  

olisea

Muse

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:57 am
D-BoyTheFighter
*sigh* Yep. Figures. I would not be surprised at all if her conscience is seared, as Paul would put it.

Posting the verses for those who do not know them. ^^

1 Timothy 4:1-3
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth

I am not sure she is aware of her responsibility as a public figure.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:16 am
MeleKeli
It's really sad that her parents are not interceding in her life and setting her back on the right path. It goes to show that her family is dysfunctional and in that dysfunction, she is going farther down a destructive path that if she's not careful, will cost her spiritually a considerable amount... and if not stopped, to her own destruction. SMH. sad

Look at our youth today. Were are the good examples for them to follow? I tried desperately with all of the keikis (children) that befriended my daughter... and despite my love and helping many of them through some difficult times, a few have gone down a similar path. Two have had children out of wedlock... but they're still babies... barely 20 and thinking they know it all. But I rejoice in that just recently, I gave my daughter a purity ring and she was so excited to get it. She's very verbal about staying a virgin, not drinking, smoking or doing drugs. The most difficult thing in her walk with the Lord is why aren't there friends who believe as she does? She doesn't want to get involved at church because she's seen hypocrisy and she doesn't want to get hurt any more. Pray for her, yes? 3nodding

Let's keep all our youth our prayers and earnestly strive to reach those by setting the examples ourselves first, yes?

Thank you for posting this article. Keep steadfast my dear ohana (family). It's going to get much worse before it gets better.

God bless,
-MeleKeli wink wink

God bless you too MeleKeli! heart You are very right. We are being watched so we can not afford being hypocrites. It damages our testimony to the world if the world sees that we are not in any way different from it. We can't just be a people who hears the word - we have to do it too. Not just in part by what what agrees with us on a personal level.

Another thing though is that we can't be perfected at this moment. We are going to make mistakes, we are going to do things that are not good and people will see it. If we avoid a place because there are hypocrites there - then we should avoid all places. We could not do anything or participate in anything. Hypocrites are everywhere...  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

MeleKeli

Beloved Gekko

10,575 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:54 am
Garland-Green
MeleKeli

God bless,
-MeleKeli'i wink wink

God bless you too MeleKeli! heart You are very right. We are being watched so we can not afford being hypocrites. It damages our testimony to the world if the world sees that we are not in any way different from it. We can't just be a people who hears the word - we have to do it too. Not just in part by what what agrees with us on a personal level.

Another thing though is that we can't be perfected at this moment. We are going to make mistakes, we are going to do things that are not good and people will see it. If we avoid a place because there are hypocrites there - then we should avoid all places. We could not do anything or participate in anything. Hypocrites are everywhere...

Amene!!
The one thing that brings me hope are people like you who I have met along the way. Thank you and everyone here. I never expected to find such a great group of believers here at Gaia, yet here you all are. heart

Have a great day/evening my dear braddah. All my aloha to you and yours. 3nodding heart

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games