Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Not this s**t again... [Hollandaise/Lutz] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:50 am
Frankly, Lutz wasn't sure why he was here. The last time he had been in the gymnasium, his training partner had gone batshit crazy mid-spar and tried to seriously kill him--not that he could be any more dead than he already was, but that was beyond the point. This place just didn't hold many good memories, or really any besides that one.

Because in all his time here at Amityville, he had only bothered to spar once. That said a lot about how he'd fare if he was ever thrown into a situation where fighting was necessary, but ehhh. Ehhhh. There was no reason he'd ever really have to fight, right?

...Right?

"Why did I even come here?" he grumbled, shoving his hands into his pockets. He lingered for a few seconds longer before pivoting on his heel with the intention of heading back to his dorm.

The Semblance of Unity
HELLO FRIEND here we go!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:58 pm
Hollandaise was, as usual when she was not in the forest, in the gym. Some days she merely watched, some days she fought. It was important to become stronger - not only that, but stronger. She would improve herself in every area until she was good enough. It was a rather single-minded view, but it suited her very well.

And, because she was at times insufferably nosy, she slid herself in front of the boil and peered up at him with inquisitive eyes. "Why are you leaving when you have have only just arrived?"

kaiyumi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:08 pm
The last thing Lutz expected was for another student to impede his attempt to leave. To be fair, it wasn't as if the ghoul was forcing him to stay--she had simply asked him a question. Lifting a hand to finger the brim of his hat, he pushed it up and out of his eyes so that he could squint down at the ghoul.

"Why not?" he shrugged, stuffing his hands back into his pockets, "It's not like I have anything to do here. Just dropped by to take a look, is all." And to relive some pretty crappy memories that he could have done without, but whatever. Too late for that.

The Semblance of Unity

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:15 pm
"Fight me," she said quite pleasantly, and smiled. "Then you will have something to and you will also be assisting me. I need practice." Hollandaise bounced up on her toes and laid a hand on the cloth of his shirtsleeve. She debated what to do if he say no.

She tilted her head. "I will be gentle, if you like." Was that the right thing to say? Should she have promised to be strong, or rough, or -? She sighed: a tiny, creaking noise.

kaiyumi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Kaiyumi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:47 pm
Lutz' brows shot up at the sudden invitation and instinctively shook her hand off. He was a little touchy, apparently. "I--What? I didn't mean that I wanted to get some practice in. As I said, I literally just came here to take a look around." Which had taken all of two minutes, so he was now done with that.

He considered rejecting her outright, but then again, the boil had to admit that he didn't have anything else to do right now. Even if he head back to his room, he'd only end up slouching on the couch and reread one of his old books. Life at Amityville had been kind of boring lately, and he was almost desperate to grab onto any and all novel opportunities that presented themselves.

Sparring really wasn't his kind of thing, and he had no doubt that this ghoul would whoop his a**, but Lutz found himself shrugging in acquiescence anyways. "You know what? Fine, let's give it a shot."

The Semblance of Unity

The Semblance of Unity rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 am
"Wonderful," she said, looking absolutely delighted. "Practicing is the only way we will improve and it is always fortuitous to have goals." Hollandaise looked Lutz up and down slowly, trying to gauge his skill. Then, abruptly, her leg snapped out and she kicked him in the knee.

HP: 40/40
DMG: 5

kaiyumi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Kaiyumi rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-12)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:49 pm
Lutz had not been prepared for the hit. Eyes going wide, his leg buckled beneath him, bending at an angle that probably would have been alarming had he not been a marionette. He bent his whole body forward to stop himself from falling over backwards, just barely managing to retain his balance with a little bit of adjustment and stumbling.

"What, no 'one, two, three, go'?" he demanded when he was finally upright again, "'cause that was awfully sudden."

But since seemed clear that the spar had begin, Lutz aimed for the ghoul's stomach and swung his fist forward.

HP: 25/30
Damage: 4

The Semblance of Unity

The Semblance of Unity rolled 8 12-sided dice: 11, 9, 12, 5, 5, 8, 5, 3 Total: 58 (8-96)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:34 pm
She grabbed his arm with both of her hands. Hollandaise's skin shifted, thorns growing, covering every inch. They were long and wickedly barbed. She hissed as they pierced her own skin as well, causing a sticky sap-like blood to slide down her legs. With bared teeth, she held onto Lutz's arm and she yanked him towards her, throwing them bodily together. Her thorns scraped and caught at him, doing more damage to him than her - this time.

HP: 23/40
DMG: 26

kaiyumi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:41 pm
Pain. In addition to his FEAR shield shattering, that was literally all that Lutz felt. He knew that he was going to lose freakishly badly at this spar, but he never could have predicted that it would be this bad. Face scrunched up in a grimace, his gaze flickered up to meet Hollandaise's since...you know, she was right there.

This close proximity was uncomfortable, but not quite as much as the thorns digging into his plastinized body.

"Kind of overkill, don't you think?" he grunted out, brows drawn, "And I liked these clothes too."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:30 pm
"Well," she said breathlessly, a little surprised. "I did not know I could do that." Slowly, Hollandaise removed herself from Lutz, wincing as her thorns slid back under her skin.

"Hello, I am Hollandaise."

kaiyumi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:37 pm
"I didn't know that you could do that either," Lutz snarked, his voice laced with pain, "Though I'm not so sure it'd help even if I did know."

He let out a little grunt when he was released, immediately dropping to his knees as he clutched at his chest. Jack, that stung. He knew he'd be fine, but sometimes he wished that he was at least a little more durable than...well, this.

Lifting his gaze to look at the ghoul, Lutz let out a short laugh. "Lutz. Our introductions are a little belated though, don't you think."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:29 am
"I believe there is a phrase that states it is better to be late than never at all." Hollandaise looked utterly delighted over her newfound power. She hadn't even needed to use the fear amp!

She blinkeddown at him. "Do you need assistance?" Helpfully, she offered her hand.

kaiyumi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:09 pm
He was tempted to reject the offer, but his pride told him that it'd hurt less to just accept the help than to not be able to stand back up by himself. Grumbling a little to himself, he grudgingly reached out and took Hollandaise's hand, using it as leverage to get back up. He managed to get out a short, grumpy-sounding "thank you" before immediately releasing his hold.

"That was a short spar," he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, "I figured I'd lose, but Jack. You're certainly scarier than you look," he noted, eying her warily.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 pm
Her toes curled against the gymnasium floor. "Usually, my spars are short, but with an opposite result." Being called scary was a first for her - for Hollandaise, who day-dreamed, who forgot to be silent in the shadows, who talked too fast and was not warder-like enough.

"We should spar again sometime," she said decisively. "Spars are beneficial to all parties, and I would like to see what you can do." Her eyes took on a wide, near-glistening quality - that of sheer, pleased curiosity.

kaiyumi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:42 pm
Lutz sighed, his expression falling flat. "I suppose I should be honoured that I was the first person you wiped the floor with," he grumbled, scratching at his neck as he mentally added, So long as I'm not the first and last person. Don't think my pride could take it if I was the only one to lose this quickly to this ghoul.

Crinkling his nose, he narrowed his eyes and squinted at her. "What? You really want to spar again?" he asked, not even bothering to hide his incredulous tone, "I mean yeah, good practice and all, but I assure you that I don't have much to bring to the table. Or anything, really. Fighting isn't really my forte." Mystery novels and movies were, but it wasn't like those would come in handy in a battle.

The Semblance of Unity

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces