Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Plotting
Let's get ourselves killed or worse expelled: Forest editon Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:27 pm
I would have to check with the people playing the students involved to see if there would be much point in a thestral being involved in this particular plot, though with the current guild event happening, it actually isn't such a longshot as it was before. I think Pam and Aster might be the only ones who can't see them now XD For centaurs, you would need to talk to Diamond Wales about joining the current herd living in the forest. I've quoted her here so she'll see the conversation. I of course give my full approval because as I've said, I would love to see more people making magical creatures and playing them in guild, and I am more than happy to work with you on helping you make the character if you need it.

As for your first year, I am more than happy to give my tentative approval on her involvement, however, they will be sneaking out of the castle after hours, and so it would be highly unlikely for her to be outside already if she weren't already 'a total rebel', as you put it. I could see maybe her being out of her dorm, though, and perhaps following them from inside? If this doesn't work, I'm sure we can figure something else out.

Writerly Ink

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:22 am
Ah, I missed that little tidbit. I didn't realize this was an after-hours thing. The Forbidden Forest at night? Creepy. biggrin

Yeah, I could see Cori being out of her dorm. She's not necessarily looking to break rules or sees herself above rules, she just doesn't see the point of them sometimes (what could be so dangerous after-hours in a magically protected castle?) and so waves off the nagging in her head and plows on, because she's young and thinks she won't get into too much trouble. Boy, will she learn a lesson or two.

I'll PM you, then, Dia?

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

My sincerest apologies if I offended you with the 'total rebel' thing. It was simply an emphasis to communicate how not to describe Corinna's personality.

Writerly Ink

Generous Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:41 am
Cara MiaKitty

Sata Snow, third year. Totally would invite himself along. Just so he can hide around a corner and scare the bejeebus out of them xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:53 am
Writerly Ink

*whispers*
join the centaur heeerrdddd

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:59 pm
Writerly: Absolutely no offense taken! I simply was working through the logistics of whether or not your proposal would make sense In Character. Since you emphasized her not being overly rebellious, I wanted to check with you on whether or not we would need to find an alternative. I totally get the distinction, trust me. I have plenty of characters who would consider that something of an insult, who are really not very rule-abiding at all XD My now-second year Slytherin would definitely be one of them. So, no worries. But, if she is the sort who might be out after hours, she can absolutely catch them on the way out of the castle o3ob

Shabbie: What house is Sata, again? Would he be likely to overhear the conversation for the self-invite, or do we need to get creative?

Writerly Ink

shabatha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:36 pm
Cara MiaKitty

Shabbie: What house is Sata, again? Would he be likely to overhear the conversation for the self-invite, or do we need to get creative?

Sltherin. Haha. He could over hear and decided it might teach them something if they got the pee scared out of them. OR we could do something creative.  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:53 pm
Plot update!

Soooo, since we had the death and destruction at Hogsmeade, this is an update for this plot, thestral characters are encouraged to be made and to be involved since there are more chances for them to be seen!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:56 pm
xxxLet's Get Ourselves Killed Or Worse Expelledxxx
:: Forbidden Forest Edition ::

xxxTo Recapxxx

spaceWe're all going to die!

spaceNo, not really. But, we are sneaking out into the Forbidden Forest, and we're going to be in so. So. SO. Much trouble. But, everyone knows anything worth doing will get you a minimum of a month's detentions anyway.

spaceBefore the plot gets underway, I'd like to go over some basic ground rules:

:: Posting Etiquette ::

spaceIt is generally polite to, once a scene has begun, continue posting characters in the same order they were originally posted in, so that no one is being kicked out of the scene. HOWEVER. There are already sixteen planned characters involved in this plot, to say nothing of anyone who decides to join in at the last minute (more on that in a bit). That's a lot of people. So, while we do ask that you follow this rule more or less, you only have to keep to the posting order set by the specific characters you are interacting with. Characters are also allowed to split up into different groups, provided everyone find their way back to the castle. It should be known that breaking off from the group will not save you from punishment; Heads of House will be told who all is out, and will be waiting for them.
Example: Pam and Aster are investigating a unicorn, while William and Zephyros are more interested in continuing to move deeper into the forest. These characters are in two separate interactions, and thus Pam and Aster do not need to wait on William and Zephyros to post, and vice versa.

:: Activity ::

spaceThis is a very large scale plot with a lot of people involved, and we ask that you please not involve yourself if you will not have time to post. Inserting your character and then being unavailable will leave everyone else hanging while they wait on you. That said, you will have 2 days to post before we skip you. If you become involved and then cannot post for whatever reason, please let us know if at all possible.

:: Quoting ::

spaceI am going to quote all members who signed up for the plot in my first post. After this, please only quote people if you are directly talking to or interacting with them. The only exception is that, if you are with the 'main party' (Aster and Pam's group), please quote Cara MiaKitty in every post you make, so that she can keep track of the event's progression.

:: Late Entry - Students ::

spaceThis is a guild-wide plot! That means that, while we do have a list of characters who have already asked to be a part of it, all members are welcome to join in. We simply ask that you do not derail the course set (more on this below) or alter the progression of the plot too drastically. If your plan is for your student to see the group leaving and immediately run to their Head of House to report it, please do not involve yourself, as this would bring the event to a premature end.

:: Late Entry - Magical Creatures ::

spaceWe are more than happy for more magical creatures to join in the plot! However, the rules set in the first post regarding creatures that will not be involved still stands. The reasoning behind this is that, as it stands, the majority of those involved are second years. They have not learned much in the way of defensive magic and are not familiar with magical creatures due to not having taken CoMC yet. While students are allowed to suffer mild injury, no one is supposed to be injured too horribly, and no one is going to die. A group of students at this age are unlikely to escape from certain creatures in tact, and so those creatures have been blacklisted from the plot.
Concerning interactions: Please do not interrupt a scene between students and other magical creatures without checking with those involved. You may approach/interact with students who are not yet interacting with a magical creature, or join a scene with permission.
Preferred Creatures: Gnomes, Leprechauns, Unicorns, Wood Nymphs, Thestrals
Blacklisted Creatures: Acromantula, Hippogriffs, Trolls, Giants

:: The Plan ::

spaceThis plot is intended to follow a certain path, more or less. Off screen, Pam and Aster have planned it over the course of the school year, and invited a few of their friends to join in. A few others will overhear and invite themselves, still more will see them on the way out and join in at the last minute. Towards the end of the year, the group will set out into the forest to explore.
spaceThe first encounter is planned to be Katarin the Unicorn.
spaceThe second encounter is planned to be Rosalia the Wood Nymph.
spaceThe third encounter is planned to be Miriam and Beauregard, two ghosts who frequent Hogsmeade.
spaceThe final encounter will be the centaur herd. This event will lead to the students still in the main group returning to the castle, at which point they will be found out by a professor. Students involved will be given detention for the remainder of the year, and docked House Points (amount to be decided at a later time).
spaceIn between these interactions, or if students break away from the main group, they are free to interact with NPC magical creatures provided they do not break the rules concerning what creatures have been allowed into the plot and do not get more than mildly injured. Other magical creatures are also allowed to be posted to students at these times. However, please keep interactions with the main group relatively short, to ensure that the plot has time to reach completion.

:: Injuries and Horrible Mental Scarring ::

spaceThe goal of this plot is, first and foremost, to have fun! Both for the roleplayers, and the characters. Now, I know that a lot of us find plots more enjoyable when our characters come away with scars both physical and mental that will haunt them for eternity (you know who you are). However, this particular plot is not intended to be a chance for you to maim or dismember. It is for students to explore, to learn, to enjoy themselves... and then be grounded for the rest of their natural born lives. Injuries will be allowed, but only minor. Broken bones are about as bad as it's allowed to get. Basically, if it wouldn't happen in a Quidditch game, it's not happening here. As for mental scarring, the magical creatures you are allowed to interact with have been selected specifically so that our characters aren't biting off more than they can reasonably chew. If you want to traumatize your character, you can, but please not to the point that they're rendered catatonic and will need years of therapy. A month or so of nightmares will do. Also, before you have anything happen that will hurt or frighten your character, please, and I cannot emphasize this enough, check with those you are roleplaying with to be sure that it's alright. I'd also greatly appreciate it if you would run it by me, so that I can let you know if it's too over the top. For something small like tripping and scraping your knee, fine, go for it, but if you're going to cause any real harm to anyone, please give me a heads up.

Posting for this event will begin on Monday, August the 10th. Cara MiaKitty or The Forgotten Weasley will make the first post and quote all students involved.

Have fun!

The Forgotten Weasley
Asteria Frey
Llamrei

Violet the Maestro
William Radcliffe
Katarin

Diamond Wales
Zephyros Whitethorne
Helwyr

Maiya Kajuji
Harper Warren

Deviled Dregs
Levi Gamble

Essy ze Ninja
Tristan Hastings
Beauregard Dante

Writerly Ink
Corinna Williams

shabatha
Sata Snow

Utsuha Moon
Pisces

Miss GryffindorK
Rosalia

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:04 pm
xxxUPDATExxx
:: Concerning Centaurs ::

spaceAt this time, no new centaur characters can be created for participation in this plot. While you are, of course, more than welcome to contact either myself or Diamond Wales about making a centaur character, they will not be allowed to be involved with the plot.

spaceOther magical creatures are still open to be made and included in the plot. Centaur characters simply are not due to the fact that there is a lot of backstory and politics to consider when making a centaur character, and the beginning of the new school year is a busy time. We don't want anyone to be rushed, or to have to be rushed. ~ Thank you!

Plotting

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff